My 1st Cut

Chuckj1973

Chuckj1973

Awards
Hey all,
I'm relatively new to the forum and starting my 1st official cut today.

My stats are:
40 years old
5'10"
210 lbs
18% body fat as measured with calipers
3 day legs/push/pull routine. 3 on, 1 off.
Just started 20 min daily HIIT on the stationary bike and will do following each workout session.

Online TDEE calculators put me at just under 2400 calories at maintenance. My plan is to drop to 2000 per day for the next 12 weeks. My primary goal is to drop 20lbs of fat and if possible recomp. Secondary goal is to at least maintain all of my current lifts and if possible continue to increase. I will be targeting 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat. Supplements are multi vitamin, fish oil, and Dr. prescribed TRT (200mg test cyp/ wk)

I'd like feedback from the group on what adjustments I should make to my plan. Thanks in advance! -Chuck

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you need 50% protein. In regards to your goal of 2000 calories, 40% protein should suffice. Add the rest to fats.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
fat is WAY to low. .4-1g fat per lb bw. protein 1g per pound bw. fill the remainder of calories in with a mixture of whichever you please. also I think 2000 calories is way to low at your weight. my maintenance is around 2300 and I am 160 lbs

Chuckj1973

Chuckj1973

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into adjusting the protein and fat percentages. Regarding the total calories, I used an online calculator to determine my tdee which came back at about 2400. I have a desk job so I used the sedentary category. I figured cutting 400 off the tdee was the right approach. Any suggestions on how I should adjust?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
^sounds bout right

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
start at your maintenance for the first week, online calculators had mine way off from reality. if you want to recomp then dont drop cals too low..

Chuckj1973

Chuckj1973

Awards
My preference would be to recomp so maybe I'll keep the cals just slightly below TDEE. I spent 7 months adding 20 lbs so I' like to keep the gains that I've worked so hard to get. Although, I have successfully lost weight in the past, this is my 1st official cut and I am struggling a bit with finding the right direction in terms of meeting my goals. All suggestions welcome and thanks for the feedback.