When to not take carbs

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
So I never take carbs after 7 I don't know why but I just don't, however I have a part time job now so instead of training from 2 or 4 I'm starting at 7 on the night now this changes up a few things but iv also changed my diet aswel I'm now eating 5 meals a day instead of four so heres what I'm needing help in guys il give my diet plan and let me know if its fine?

8am 5 eggs ( 2 yolks ) 1 apple multivitamin and green tea ( pill form )

11:30am 110g of cooked salmon fish with 50g of cooked brown rice and 100g of cooked vegs

3pm 110g of cooked diced beef steak with 50g of cooked brown rice and 100g of Cooked veg

5:30pm 110g of cooked chicken fillets and 50g of cooked brown rice and 100g of cooked veg

7pm gym till around 820 to 830pm 30g of whey protein shake

9pm 50g of almonds and 100g of can tuna

Now this is the best diet if ever had! May not be great to some but it's by far the best I can afford and come up with so please help me? I'm doing fasted 20 min cardio in the morning and the reason I'm saying cooked is because all these meats are weighing at around 200g uncooked so when I cook it loses weight so it Cerys but always above 100g cooked

What you guys think?

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I'm also thinking of getting some creating in to this diet I'm weighing 180 Iv lost 9 pounds and trying to get to 150 at 5'7

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Brown rice is horrible for you. I have no idea why it is perceived to be the 'healthier' option when it contains so many phytates. White rice (esp. long grain) has the same GI load as brown but without the phytates.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Brown rice is horrible for you. I have no idea why it is perceived to be the 'healthier' option when it contains so many phytates. White rice (esp. long grain) has the same GI load as brown but without the phytates.
Wow never heard of that at all

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
What do you think of my diet bro?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What do you think of my diet bro?
I like numbers when it comes to foods; P/F/C breakdowns help me form an opinion but from a glance its not bad. Varying protein sources from meat, fish and chicken is a great idea as is the inclusion of veges. I'm big on fruits as well.

My views are from a longetivity standpoint and from there I manipulate my macros to suit my needs. Just my .2 cents ;)

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I like numbers when it comes to foods; P/F/C breakdowns help me form an opinion but from a glance its not bad. Varying protein sources from meat, fish and chicken is a great idea as is the inclusion of veges. I'm big on fruits as well.

My views are from a longetivity standpoint and from there I manipulate my macros to suit my needs. Just my .2 cents ;)
41/42/17 now that's not 100 percent as I did it on the fitness app on my ipad, because when I look at my salmon it's around 15 fats but on there it's saying its 25 fats so not 100 percent if I had to gues it would be around 45/35/20? Thanks

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
From my point of view, carbs are too high whilst fats are to low. Carb intake goes up as exercise intensity goes up (enough to supply activity) but beyond that the body has little need for carbs. Think of it this way; what fuel are you burning for the majority of the day? What fuel does carb intake decrease?

The answer for both is fat. During periods of low intensity exercise, the body uses fats as a primary source of fuel. The body loves to burn fat and is very effecient at it. But when carb intake is high, the body's ability to burn fat via lipolysis is decreased as the body "prefers" this source of energy.

Fats (monos and saturated) have a load of good evidence surrounding them (brain disease prevention, testosterone production, hormone transport) whereas carbs do very little in the body. They provide a little direct fuel for the brain, of which though can be supplied via gluconeogeneisis (carbs not needed directly via the diet).

There is also emerging evidence that carbs are one of the main causes of heart disease and that in populations where carb intake is high, atherosclerosis increases.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
From my point of view, carbs are too high whilst fats are to low. Carb intake goes up as exercise intensity goes up (enough to supply activity) but beyond that the body has little need for carbs. Think of it this way; what fuel are you burning for the majority of the day? What fuel does carb intake decrease?

The answer for both is fat. During periods of low intensity exercise, the body uses fats as a primary source of fuel. The body loves to burn fat and is very effecient at it. But when carb intake is high, the body's ability to burn fat via lipolysis is decreased as the body "prefers" this source of energy.

Fats (monos and saturated) have a load of good evidence surrounding them (brain disease prevention, testosterone production, hormone transport) whereas carbs do very little in the body. They provide a little direct fuel for the brain, of which though can be supplied via gluconeogeneisis (carbs not needed directly via the diet).

There is also emerging evidence that carbs are one of the main causes of heart disease and that in populations where carb intake is high, atherosclerosis increases.
Wow your smart! Lol ok il take away the apple and drop the carbs raise the fats a liltle. I'm also thinking of adding some creatine in to my diet but was reading its nit great for cutting, any thoughts?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Wow your smart! Lol ok il take away the apple and drop the carbs raise the fats a liltle. I'm also thinking of adding some creatine in to my diet but was reading its nit great for cutting, any thoughts?
I'd keep the apple, just because its fruit. Your daily intake doesn't look very high, and 150g of rice isn't much carbs so at that intake, so I wouldn't be concerned. But they could do with a drop in favor of fats so long as your exercise intensity doesn't suffer.

Its all guesswork at this stage because I cbf'd working out what the total calorie intake is for the day :D

Creatine is fine to add in for both a 'bulk' and 'cut', it won't hinder any progress but may make you retain a little water which will translate into an increase in scale weight.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I'd keep the apple, just because its fruit. Your daily intake doesn't look very high, and 150g of rice isn't much carbs so at that intake, so I wouldn't be concerned. But they could do with a drop in favor of fats so long as your exercise intensity doesn't suffer.

Its all guesswork at this stage because I cbf'd working out what the total calorie intake is for the day :D

Creatine is fine to add in for both a 'bulk' and 'cut', it won't hinder any progress but may make you retain a little water which will translate into an increase in scale weight.
Ok bro, I'm great full thanks a lot il keep ya dated realy want to be around 155

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ok bro, I'm great full thanks a lot il keep ya dated realy want to be around 155
Either way, as long as your on a calorie deficit you will lose weight (well, sorta haha, the body is an adaptable beast and will work against you to restore homeostatis meaning that if you lower calories to much or for an extended period, it will eventually adapt to that intake thus weight loss will stall).

Its all fun in the world of weight loss.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Either way, as long as your on a calorie deficit you will lose weight (well, sorta haha, the body is an adaptable beast and will work against you to restore homeostatis meaning that if you lower calories to much or for an extended period, it will eventually adapt to that intake thus weight loss will stall).

Its all fun in the world of weight loss.
Ha wow you have kinda opened my eyes abit you are right and make a great deal of sence in what your saying thanks man

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23