1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.17%

Exclamation Looking for weight loss/fitness/muscle building guidance

Good evening friends,

I need a little motivation. I'm looking for natural or organic ways to better myself. As it stands, I am 23, 5"11, and I weigh about 270lbs. I noticed my belly starting to stick out below my XL shirts, and my pant size go from 36 to 38/40, my body getting weaker and enough is enough.

What I take: I take Ultra Mega Gold multivitamins from ***, along with some extra zinc, vitamin C, E, and St. Johns Woert.

Are there any other natural vitamins or herbs out there that I should be taking? Is there a certain way that I should be taking these or the ones that I already take? What do you recommend for the dosages of the vitamins or herbs, because I know sometimes the stuff you get will be nowhere near as strong as they say it is?

What kind of foods should I be eating?

I need a solid, progressive work out routine. I'm too fat to jump right in to something like Insanity or P90x. A work out that can slim me down, and build muscle at the same time. I don't have any equipment or a gym membership.

I basically need all of the information that I can get to be healthy, completely naturally. I really don't wanna die before my children get out of high school.

I fully believe in earth energy, faith, and that a human can do ANYTHING they set their mind to. I suppose when it comes to shedding the weight, I just have a lack of confidence. It's embarrassing to run and see my man boobs bouncing up and down, or that I can't do a sit up because of my huge gut, and I feel like it only gets worse because I can't stick to a routine where I notice results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I will answer any questions that need to be answered to better myself.

Thank you very much for your time.

-JP

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You sound like someone who might enjoy DDP yoga. It's a video workout series that has had some pretty great results with a lot of people. Although, a gym membership could provide you with many many more options.

The biggest thing is get moving. Get running, and start looking into diet strategies.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.17%

Thanks for the reply! I've heard of DDP Yoga but haven't really looked in to it. I try to stick to a diet of some kind. I don't regulate it or anything because I don't really know how. I eat meat from the local meat market and vegetables with every meal, and I try to eat fruit or make some kind of fresh fruit smoothie when I can.

A membership is way too expensive, and a half hour drive to the gym so it's out of the question. What equipment would be a must-have?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

If your goal is just to get healthier and look/feel better, than no equipment is necessary.

Like I said just try and get moving as much as possible. Look into DDP yoga and Also look into HIIT. Past that monitor your food intake for a few days and post it up on here, that way we can all give you some advice on how to improve on it.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Sirchiefalot View Post
    Good evening friends,

I need a little motivation. I'm looking for natural or organic ways to better myself. As it stands, I am 23, 5"11, and I weigh about 270lbs. I noticed my belly starting to stick out below my XL shirts, and my pant size go from 36 to 38/40, my body getting weaker and enough is enough.

What I take: I take Ultra Mega Gold multivitamins from ***, along with some extra zinc, vitamin C, E, and St. Johns Woert.

Are there any other natural vitamins or herbs out there that I should be taking? Is there a certain way that I should be taking these or the ones that I already take? What do you recommend for the dosages of the vitamins or herbs, because I know sometimes the stuff you get will be nowhere near as strong as they say it is?

What kind of foods should I be eating?

I need a solid, progressive work out routine. I'm too fat to jump right in to something like Insanity or P90x. A work out that can slim me down, and build muscle at the same time. I don't have any equipment or a gym membership.

I basically need all of the information that I can get to be healthy, completely naturally. I really don't wanna die before my children get out of high school.

I fully believe in earth energy, faith, and that a human can do ANYTHING they set their mind to. I suppose when it comes to shedding the weight, I just have a lack of confidence. It's embarrassing to run and see my man boobs bouncing up and down, or that I can't do a sit up because of my huge gut, and I feel like it only gets worse because I can't stick to a routine where I notice results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I will answer any questions that need to be answered to better myself.

Thank you very much for your time.

-JP
    start with cleaning up your diet. Small changes to your diet can help tons. try smaller portion sizes, no seconds or thirds ....that s where I get in trouble lol. Track you calories by using (MyFitnessPal) app this is a great tool. Also start walking a few days or all days of the week at least 30-45 minutes.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

I'm not an expert like a lot of folks on here but I can share what worked for me. I gave up dairy a few years ago. Felt great, never went back. Then I gave up grains, then red meat/pork and then chicken. I replaced all of that with fruit and vegetables, lean fish, and a lot of water. Clean, lean and an abundance of energy! Everyone has a different constitution but that worked for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Diet for weight loss and muscle retention
    By jwterry in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 02:36 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 11:34 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
  4. cardio for weight loss/ muscle maintanence
    By Marcinator in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8