Dodgy butcher??

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Ok so I get my meat from the butcher except fish, he gives me good deals and its a big named butcher but I'm starting to think is he dodgy? Because I cook 600g of chicken and when it's cooked it weighs at 340g that's nearly half it's weigh is that bad?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I probably wouldn't worry about it, it's most likely the water. Is it dry after it's cooked?

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I probably wouldn't worry about it, it's most likely the water. Is it dry after it's cooked?
I mean its pretty dry but I kinda make I'm crispy the way I like them ....... I'm thinking that if its water weigh I may aswel g to the supermarket and buy them there as there cheaper ? I thought buying but he's meat is better because they don't inject water weigh?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Problem is it's paid for by weight. The chicken I eat isn't half water.

OP-go buy some at a grocery store and check your weights. I simply cannot see you cooking half the weight off your meat.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
how do you cook your chicken? makes a huge difference in how much juice s retained

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I cook my chicken in a pan fry it with coconut oil mmmmm ...... I cook my fish on the George Foreman I think ima try a diffrent butcher they are abit sneaky **** :(

mik14

mik14

Awards
This reminds me of a butcher here that got done for mixing cardboard in his pet mince and selling it....dodgy butchers!!