training routine while cutting

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
what training routine do you guys adopt while cutting?

i'm into a 13 week cut and I really don't know how my training routine should look like.

all I know is that the training volume should be a lot reduced no more than 2 or 3 compound lifts per workout and lots of cardio..

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Why do you have to do lot's of cardio?

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
because as being an endomorph I struggle to get rid of fat especially on my arms and legs. I dont do lots of cardio at all, I was more trying to say that I focus more on doing cardio rather than pushing iron when im trying to get ripped

mik14

mik14

Awards
because as being an endomorph I struggle to get rid of fat especially on my arms and legs. I dont do lots of cardio at all, I was more trying to say that I focus more on doing cardio rather than pushing iron when im trying to get ripped
Still lift heavy build muscle...muscle burns fat.

Maybe add HIIT in for cardio few times a week, that's what I did it worked well, I also went low carbs, most my carbs were either consumed breakfast of before weights.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Cardio is not the way to get ripped. Diet is key to any cut. In saying that tho when i cut I use circuits, supersets, tri sets, giant sets, dropsets, rest pauses etc etc anything that keeps my heartrate up. separate days for HIIT or if I'm on something cardio fasted in the am and lift in the pm.

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
Cardio is not the way to get ripped. Diet is key to any cut. In saying that tho when i cut I use circuits, supersets, tri sets, giant sets, dropsets, rest pauses etc etc anything that keeps my heartrate up. separate days for HIIT or if I'm on something cardio fasted in the am and lift in the pm.
always thought training that way will make you lose a lot of muscle

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
my diet is good, started week 1 with 200g of carbs and then I will make adjustments every week. I consume enough protein but you reduce the volume of your workout for a reason.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
my diet is good, started week 1 with 200g of carbs and then I will make adjustments every week. I consume enough protein but you reduce the volume of your workout for a reason.
Yeah definitely reduce volume but go hard man...Lift heavy but dont try breaking any pr's because you obviously are fueling your body for that i

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
yes that's true. I'm doing cardio 3 times a week