first time cutting help

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

first time cutting help

Hey guys,I just started spring break from college and am using my time at home to cut down on some fat weight I gained after a mini bulk diet. Before I left for school I got my BF% measured through water submergement at our schools kinesiology lab and am currently around 10% give or take a couple tenths of a point with most of my remaining fat being around my lower abdomen/hips. Ive been bodybuilding training for roughly around a year but have four years of football training and conditioning from high school. I plan on losing about a pound a week by cutting my caloric intake from around 2800 to 2300 keeping carbs down to around 120-130g a day with of course upping my protein and fat intake. I currently take Universal products mostly because a customer at my grocery store where I work at works at one of their distribution centers they have down there and hooks it up for a ridiculous low price but I am open to any supplement non-hormone relating. I am open to any suggestions on routines, diets or supps because I am here to learn as much as I can in order to achieve my goals. I just started John Meadows Mountain Dog Training and was thinking about fasted cardio in the morning while drinking BCAA's to prevent some muscle loss. Also was thinking of doing slow rate cardio after my workouts also after my post workout shake to further enhance fat loss or is that too much?Hope I can hear from some of you guys!

Current stats: Age:18
    Ht: 5'10"
    Wt: 193
    BF %: 10-11%
    Target weight: 185-187
    Supp Regimen: Animal Pak, Universal Iso Whey, Universal Casein Pro, Nature Made Fish Oil, Optimum Creatine Monohydrate, Universal Atomic 7, just ordered PES Alphamine as well.
    Training Split: Roughly five days a week with a sixth day for extra cardio/ lagging parts such as calves and forearms

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

weird theres thread with the same exact title, i didnt even notice haha
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  168 lbs.

Cut away
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.

I like the fasted cardio and low impact cardio post workout. I used this last summer to cut up. Look into Purus Labs Fat Smack. It's getting great reviews and that would definitely help knock off a few extra lbs.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Maybe a few sessions of fasted cardio. Ultra low carb on rest days and higher carbs on lifting days having them post workout. Don't cut dietary fat too low. Awesome training program I have been reading his articles on tnation.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Cutting is all about getting in a caloric deficit at the end of the day. At 2300 cals you'll most likely be in a deficit, so the rest is making sure you get enough protein to maintain size during the cut. I'm prepping for a show right now with little to no cardio, so it's really up to you and how your body reacts the best. From personal experience, I got my best results by training with weights hard and maintaining a low carb/high protein diet. BCAA's are a great supplement to use during a cut. I'd recommend having a higher carb or calorie day once per week for a nice metabolism boost.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Joseph View Post
    Cutting is all about getting in a caloric deficit at the end of the day. At 2300 cals you'll most likely be in a deficit, so the rest is making sure you get enough protein to maintain size during the cut. I'm prepping for a show right now with little to no cardio, so it's really up to you and how your body reacts the best. From personal experience, I got my best results by training with weights hard and maintaining a low carb/high protein diet. BCAA's are a great supplement to use during a cut. I'd recommend having a higher carb or calorie day once per week for a nice metabolism boost.
    So far I've been hitting my deficit well and consuming about 1.2-1.5g protein per pound of weight. I liked how my body felt after HIIT whether fasted or after a workout more than steady state and about a week in I am seeing good results so far. As you've said as long as I keep my workouts intense then cardio will not have to be as great as long as I keep my deficit and carbs in check. I already can't wait until my cheat meal lol thanks for the advice!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First Time Cutting Help
    By pman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 08:24 AM
  2. first time cycle help?
    By mcbeets in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
  3. First time cutting cycle
    By rooter in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
  4. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. First Time FINA: help - please?
    By Deadlift76 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 01:43 PM