what is a good detailed book diet?

  1. Post what is a good detailed book diet?


    I am trying to help a friend out and find a good detailed book to buy for him to help get his diet on track and understand it. One that goes over bulking and cutting hopefully. I explained some to him, but it would be easier just to buy him a good book.
    JB


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jbthumper
    I am trying to help a friend out and find a good detailed book to buy for him to help get his diet on track and understand it. One that goes over bulking and cutting hopefully. I explained some to him, but it would be easier just to buy him a good book.
    JB
    The Abs Diet, by Men's Health is pretty good. It'll let him know what foods are good and healthy to have and how to properly balance protein, good fats, and good carbs. It also prescibes 5-7 meals a day, so thats on the right on track for a bodybuilder. Its not a "bodybuilding book" per say, but it lays a good foundation for proper nutrition.

  3. I really enjoyed Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Faigan. It is a bodybuilding book but the diet is a little different from what most of us have come to accept.
    •   
       


  4. UD 2.0 by Lyle McDonald. I would rather read that than just about any other diet book. The explanations are well worded and comprehensive.

  5. Burn the fat feed the muscle. By Tom Venuto, I thought this did a very good job breaking down lots of common myths of dieting, as well as informing the reader on why they are going to benefit from different choices in caloric intake, and how foods work.
  6. Thanks for all the info.


    I bought Burn the Fat and Feed the Muscle. An excellant book and I even learned a thing or two out of it.
    Jason

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Funny Monkey
    I really enjoyed Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Faigan. It is a bodybuilding book but the diet is a little different from what most of us have come to accept.
    Its a good book, but his diagrams in the book are hard to understand. Also he says in there that you don't count calories on his plan, but you do count macronutrients, so you are inadvertingly counting calories. I agree its a very good book though.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by xxghostxx
    Burn the fat feed the muscle. By Tom Venuto, I thought this did a very good job breaking down lots of common myths of dieting, as well as informing the reader on why they are going to benefit from different choices in caloric intake, and how foods work.
    excellent book. i also like skip la cour's "bodybuilding nutrition". also an e-book.

    natural bodybuilders know the most about how to manipulate diet and training to lose fat.

  9. Burn the fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    then
    U.d 2.0 if you have trouble at sub 10%- apparently

  10. UD2.0 seems amazingly complex to set up.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by xxghostxx
    Burn the fat feed the muscle. By Tom Venuto, I thought this did a very good job breaking down lots of common myths of dieting, as well as informing the reader on why they are going to benefit from different choices in caloric intake, and how foods work.
    hey xxgtxx can you give an example of a weekly diet as described in the book you mentioned? ust wondering what venuto's spin on diet is. Thanks
  12. JINKK
    JINKK's Avatar

    Im not ghost but ill answer it as you'd like an answer:
    day 1 1gm pro, 1gm cho -per lb of bodyweight and 40gms fat a day max

    do this for 4 days in a row with subsequent interval training and weight lifting.

    day 5 have 400gm's clean cho and normal pro/fat requirments.

    then repeat - strength gains are common but hypertrophy is not going to be there.

    bonus:
    cardio will burn cals no matter when you do it so dont fall for the a.m fasted cardio- especailly with interval running/cycling/swimming - limited daily cals plus expenditure will mean more then this "idea" and will reduce injury and catabolism etc etc from fasted cardio

  13. This may get some laughs, but I'll say the south beach diet.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by JINKK
    Im not ghost but ill answer it as you'd like an answer:
    day 1 1gm pro, 1gm cho -per lb of bodyweight and 40gms fat a day max

    do this for 4 days in a row with subsequent interval training and weight lifting.

    day 5 have 400gm's clean cho and normal pro/fat requirments.

    then repeat - strength gains are common but hypertrophy is not going to be there.

    bonus:
    cardio will burn cals no matter when you do it so dont fall for the a.m fasted cardio- especailly with interval running/cycling/swimming - limited daily cals plus expenditure will mean more then this "idea" and will reduce injury and catabolism etc etc from fasted cardio
    Hey JinK I have noticed allot lately that many are against the am fasting cardio especailly when you use interval training. Why is this? I have always thought this was the way to go for optimum fat loss. I also amion load b4 and after cardio on an empty stomach but again I remember someone saying that it was a waste? Why? I am always trying to learn and improve, I even once hired a personel trainer that told me to do what I am asking about.



    I bought the bodyyopus book many years ago, but it was really tought to hold to it. It worked while I did it but was really hard on my body while doing it.

    PD
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Schwarzenegger
    The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you, not against you..
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

  15. burn the fat, feed the muscle

    might be available on kazaa

    but u didnt hear that from me.......
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What is a good low carb diet?
    By CombatTested in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 04:23 PM
  2. What is a "good diet"?
    By Grunt76 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 03:20 PM
  3. What is a good diet for bulking?
    By ZoMbSta in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 10:38 AM
  4. What is a good normal 1-test trans dosing?
    By weltweitefurcht in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:22 PM
  5. what is a good sleep-aid?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Log in
Log in