Get my mom into shape!

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,

I know quite about nutrition as it applies to my bodybuilding needs, but I'm not sure about my mom. She's trying to lose some weight, and she's at 250 lbs right now. I've been counting her calories and she's eating less than 1000 calories a day. That blows my mind. I eat over 4K a day.
So that means her metabolism is crazy slow. Would eating like 1500 healthy calories and exercising jumpstart her metabolism?
I'm genuinely concerned about her health, and just curious to know how to help someone who eats so little

cmitch

cmitch

Awards
Get her to eat lots of thermogenic foods like eggs chicken. The usual foods in a bodybuilders diet. Maybe drink green tea and coffee throughout the day. Excercise start out slow and have her walk a mile a day and build up until she can jog a mile with minimal effort. Then maybe add in some hiit excercises. With such few calories she will do more harm to herself. And as always consistency is key for any goal.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
have her find here TDEE, set her macros,eat 10-20% less than TDEE. have her eat to those macros=profit

Alinshop

Banned
Awards
Seems like 1,000 cal would be way too low especially if she is going to start exercising.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Seems like 1,000 cal would be way too low especially if she is going to start exercising.
That's what I'm saying. I'm just worried that if she eats 2000, she'll balloon up or something. I'll try 1500 clean calories and exercise and see what happens.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
she definatly need more than 1000 calories unless shes like 80 pounds and lies in bed all day.

markzeus

Awards
I agree with cmitch…..
Green coffee beans and Green tea are the supplement that is very effective in weight loss. These shipments are good for both men and women. They have high antioxidant level and very good for heart diseases. Both of the supplement can be taken as a drink or pills.

healthgenie18

Awards
I don't know about the particular brand of supplements but you can check online shopping stores like Healthgenie.in. They provide almost all health related products.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Thanks. Would Lean Xtreme be good for her? Been wanting to try it myself

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
For you it'd be fine, but for now keep her away from supplements. She'll make good progress with just diet if its done right.
this^. after she gets her diet dialed in and starts to stall on weight loss theeeen maybe start looking at supps