Dorm low carb

bmoore

bmoore

Awards
What are some good low carb things that can made in the dorm room? Once every few weeks I have access to a kitchen so I can make enough chicken and such to last me a bit more than a week, but what's something that I can get from the store that'll be good for low carb diet?

MattS67

Awards
If you have a toaster oven you can make just about anything. Turkey burgers, salmon, chicken breast, etc.

bmoore

bmoore

Awards
We can't have anything that produces heat...

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
We can't have anything that produces heat...
Neither can I doesnt stop me from having a hotplate. For dorm low carbs assuming you are a good two shoe and wont get a hot plate.

Almonds
Tuna
Almond butter
Jerky (homemade is better)
Nuts in genral

Do you have a fridge?

TexasGuy

Awards
Yeah, I remember an open window and a fan worked pretty well. Stuff a towl under the door out to the hall and you're all set.

Worked for pot too.
Neither can I doesnt stop me from having a hotplate. For dorm low carbs assuming you are a good two shoe and wont get a hot plate.

Almonds
Tuna
Almond butter
Jerky (homemade is better)
Nuts in genral

Do you have a fridge?

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
If u have a fridge plain Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, tuna fish, canned or package salmon, almonds, walnuts, deli meat I used to look for lower sodium meats that's all preference, almond milk, shrimp, once in a while rotisserie chicken. Hope that helped some..

bmoore

bmoore

Awards
greek yogurt and cheese are definitely the way to go. thanks guys

Alinshop

Banned
Awards
All good suggestion's! I would also like to add low carb wraps which can be used to wrap tuna, chicken, scrambled eggs etc. You can also melt low fat cheese and salsa on a wrap for a nice snack:)