Carb cycling advice

1. Registered User
    Answers

Carb cycling advice

Hey guys,

Recently I switched up my diet very clean, dropped the calories back, low carb everyday except wednesday which u carb up as much as possible.

Been doing hiit stair runs and have had great results lost a lot if fat and seeing some shape in my belly. The last week or 2 I feel like I'm starting to plateu, so I have just bought a weight vest added 10kg to my stair runs to get the intensity back up. But was wanting some advice on the best way to carb cycle I was thinking of changing to
    Mon- no carb
    Tues-low carb (no more then 100g)
    Wed - high carb
    Thurs-no carb
    Fri-low carb
    Sat-high carb
    Sun - no carb

Thought this may switch things up compared to what I'm currently doing,

Questions are when it's no carb, dies that actually mean not one carb as my whey had 1g carb, would this still be ok.

My stats are
    29 years old.
    90kg
    Height roughly 170cm
    Body fat im not sure but I can post pics. The current diet has only been 8 weeks and it's going awesome but I want to keep the results coming so any advice is appreciated! Il get the before & after pics up of the 8eek process do far. The first pic is the day I started which was about the 10th jan. the rest if the pics were taken on Saturday!

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I followed a similar carb cycling program (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm) with pretty much the same schedule as you mentioned and found the following to work well for me:

No Carb - 25g carbs
    Low Carb - 125g carbs
    High Carb - 250-300g carbs

You can increase the carbs on the high carb day as I think the program calls for more than 300g but I find I get very lethargic on more than that amount.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Yea awesome, il work with those amounts, on carb day il keep as low as possible maybe a few before legs or chest.

I was getting good results I'm just thinking my body is getting use to the routine so a switch might give it a shock and kept the fat loss going.

I want to get calipers to check my bf % as I wouldn't have a clue what I am. Need to find out so my goals can be more accurate! Cheers!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Usually when I carb cycling day calls for no carbs, they mean in the form of startchy carbs. Stuff like green veggies are fine. Some would even say nuts are fine as well. It is hard to avoid carbs since most foods have trace carbs. For example, eggs.

If you want to follow a very nice carb cycling approach, google search t-nation carb cycling codex
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    Usually when I carb cycling day calls for no carbs, they mean in the form of startchy carbs. Stuff like green veggies are fine. Some would even say nuts are fine as well. It is hard to avoid carbs since most foods have trace carbs. For example, eggs.

If you want to follow a very nice carb cycling approach, google search t-nation carb cycling codex
    Il definately check it out & get it sorted today!!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Generally, below 30g of carbs/day is a bit of diminishing returns. But after your high Carb day, it takes 3-4 days for glycogen to be depleted depending on your exercise. But when you do high Carb day, it shrould really be a high Carb night.
    I just read the book Carb Nite and you should check it out.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carb Cycleing Diet
    By dez/null in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. Carb Cycling - 2 Questions + advice?
    By soseg in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 01:46 AM
  3. Carb Cycling Advice
    By WantedDOA in forum Weight Loss