Carb cycling advice

mik14

mik14

Awards
Hey guys,

Recently I switched up my diet very clean, dropped the calories back, low carb everyday except wednesday which u carb up as much as possible.

Been doing hiit stair runs and have had great results lost a lot if fat and seeing some shape in my belly. The last week or 2 I feel like I'm starting to plateu, so I have just bought a weight vest added 10kg to my stair runs to get the intensity back up. But was wanting some advice on the best way to carb cycle I was thinking of changing to
Mon- no carb
Tues-low carb (no more then 100g)
Wed - high carb
Thurs-no carb
Fri-low carb
Sat-high carb
Sun - no carb

Thought this may switch things up compared to what I'm currently doing,

Questions are when it's no carb, dies that actually mean not one carb as my whey had 1g carb, would this still be ok.

My stats are
29 years old.
90kg
Height roughly 170cm
Body fat im not sure but I can post pics. The current diet has only been 8 weeks and it's going awesome but I want to keep the results coming so any advice is appreciated! Il get the before & after pics up of the 8eek process do far. The first pic is the day I started which was about the 10th jan. the rest if the pics were taken on Saturday!

Cheers

Attachments

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I followed a similar carb cycling program (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm) with pretty much the same schedule as you mentioned and found the following to work well for me:

No Carb - 25g carbs
Low Carb - 125g carbs
High Carb - 250-300g carbs

You can increase the carbs on the high carb day as I think the program calls for more than 300g but I find I get very lethargic on more than that amount.

mik14

mik14

Awards
Yea awesome, il work with those amounts, on carb day il keep as low as possible maybe a few before legs or chest.

I was getting good results I'm just thinking my body is getting use to the routine so a switch might give it a shock and kept the fat loss going.

I want to get calipers to check my bf % as I wouldn't have a clue what I am. Need to find out so my goals can be more accurate! Cheers!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Usually when I carb cycling day calls for no carbs, they mean in the form of startchy carbs. Stuff like green veggies are fine. Some would even say nuts are fine as well. It is hard to avoid carbs since most foods have trace carbs. For example, eggs.

If you want to follow a very nice carb cycling approach, google search t-nation carb cycling codex

mik14

mik14

Awards
Usually when I carb cycling day calls for no carbs, they mean in the form of startchy carbs. Stuff like green veggies are fine. Some would even say nuts are fine as well. It is hard to avoid carbs since most foods have trace carbs. For example, eggs.

If you want to follow a very nice carb cycling approach, google search t-nation carb cycling codex
Il definately check it out & get it sorted today!!

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Generally, below 30g of carbs/day is a bit of diminishing returns. But after your high Carb day, it takes 3-4 days for glycogen to be depleted depending on your exercise. But when you do high Carb day, it shrould really be a high Carb night.
I just read the book Carb Nite and you should check it out.