Please Critique my cutting cycle/diet. Contest Prep.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Okay in a few weeks I will be 15 weeks out of my second bodybuilding show. Just wanted to see what you guys though of my diet routine and my cutting cycle. I appreciate all advice and tips. Current stats of myself : Im 5 foot 8 190 pounds about 10-12 percent bf. I train weight 6 days a week with just one rest day. Cardio every other day on stationary bike for 30 minutes. My diet routine I will be following looks like this Meal 1 (pre workout): 2 cups quaker oats with 8 egg whites Meal 2 (post workout): 10 grams BCAA, 10 grams glutamine, medium sweet potato Meal 3 : 8 oz chicken, tbsp flax seed oil Meal 4 : 8 oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice, brocolli meal 5 : 8 oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice, brocolli Meal 6 : 10 oz tilapia, 1 tbsp flax seed oil My prohormone cycle looks like this: (and yes I have run cycles before and yes I know to use serms for pct and to run liver and bp support)Epistane- 36mg a day 5a- androstano[2,3-c]furazan-17b-tetrahydropyranol ether - 300 mg a day Androst-4-ene-3,11,17-trione- 450 mg a day PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IM MISSING ANYTHING HERE ? I APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
SO pretty much your running Epi, Furuza-A, and 11OXO, not a bad cutting stack at all.

Looks like 250g carbs a day, approx 250 Protein, and around 30-40g fat- total cals 2350 roughly.

Being 15 weeks out when do you plan to run you PH's 8 weeks out till comp, 6 weeks?

Right now diet is not bad, I would probably be slightly more carbs a few days a week. up till 10 weeks out then drop my couple higher days to lower days (under the 250 mark) and watch to see my weight loss. If Iam losing 1.5-2lbs a week at 10 weeks out I feel good. You are 10-12% so roughly every 2lbs is a percent. Id taper carbs every 2 weeks and up the cardio with that two. as wek know the last 1% to 1.5% is always the hardest.

To be honest, I dont like the stationairy bike at all for cardio, just because it usually does not burn as much fat as quick as some others. I like Uphill walking keeping the HR around 130. I like the eliptical and starirtepper also. But use Stair stepper maybe once a week because over use can hurt leg size. But using once per week would be adaquate. Up hill walking sustains great leg size and burns tons of calories.

This is just my preferences, there are many different ways and thoughts. This is what works for me.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
great advice man ! Thanks ! I plan to run my stack 8 weeks out all the way up to the show. So do you think my diet looks good as of right now ? or am I eating too little or too much ?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Not knowing how well you process carbs its hard to say. At 15 weeks out I like to have carbs a little higher maybe two to three days a week.The reason I do this is to preserve muscle mass. My feeling is I work so hard to get it why waist it by dieting hard for a longe period of time. At 12 weeks I start my cardio keeping my carbs consistent at 300g per day, 10 weeks I start to run 4 days at 250 and 3 at 300 and cardio 3-4 times a week. 8 weeks I change again, no more 300g days I alternated between 250 and 200 so esentially I lower each day by 50g. I then cardio 4 times a week and add 5 min per cardio session. 6 weeks I continue to dial down carbs if I am not dropping as fast as I want. If Iam I will just up cardio to 5 times per week. 5 weeks I add in an extra 5 min per day of cardio. 4 weeks I drop another 50 per day usually and will do cardio 5 times per week. 3 weeks I will add another 5 min of cardio per day. and from here, you should adjust as to what your individual needs are, if you need to continue the carb you are on because you are losing at a good pace then that works if you need to drop another 25-50 then do that.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Not knowing how well you process carbs its hard to say. At 15 weeks out I like to have carbs a little higher maybe two to three days a week.The reason I do this is to preserve muscle mass. My feeling is I work so hard to get it why waist it by dieting hard for a longe period of time. At 12 weeks I start my cardio keeping my carbs consistent at 300g per day, 10 weeks I start to run 4 days at 250 and 3 at 300 and cardio 3-4 times a week. 8 weeks I change again, no more 300g days I alternated between 250 and 200 so esentially I lower each day by 50g. I then cardio 4 times a week and add 5 min per cardio session. 6 weeks I continue to dial down carbs if I am not dropping as fast as I want. If Iam I will just up cardio to 5 times per week. 5 weeks I add in an extra 5 min per day of cardio. 4 weeks I drop another 50 per day usually and will do cardio 5 times per week. 3 weeks I will add another 5 min of cardio per day. and from here, you should adjust as to what your individual needs are, if you need to continue the carb you are on because you are losing at a good pace then that works if you need to drop another 25-50 then do that.
I like this plan here.

I cycle carbs but my days are all higher the further out I am. Right now Im about 10 weeks out and I just cut my high carb day back to 350 from 400. The only difference is I prefer stepmill for all my cardio sessions, no science just a personal preference I have and coach says OK so im all for it