My first contest need help with carbs

anteis99

Awards
Hey everyone I'm doing my first physique contest May 11th, I started my prep 1/21/13 at 2400 cal 230g's protein, 210g's carbs, 55g's fats. I am 6 feet tall and weighted at 208lbs 15% body fats, now im down to 196.5lbs. I've been dropping 10g's of carbs per week and I have currently dropped to 160g's of carbs. I wanted to know if I should just keep dropping my carbs or keep them at a certain level. Should I cycle my carbs and if I am going to cycle them can anyone help with that. I am very confused on carbs for a contest prep can anyone help out. Thanks

Eddinho08

Eddinho08

Awards
I'd suggest doing a carb cycle. There are multiple ways in doing so, so that would be up to you and how well your are dropping bf%
For example. Here's my setup for cutting
2 high days, 2 low days and 1 no day.
350g/150g/0-25g
On higher days, I usually increase cardio by 15-25mins.
Also what carb sources are you using?.
I'm also cutting as well for a Physique Competition. I wish you the best of luck on this journey!!

jdx301

jdx301

Awards
I'd suggest doing a carb cycle. There are multiple ways in doing so, so that would be up to you and how well your are dropping bf%
For example. Here's my setup for cutting
2 high days, 2 low days and 1 no day.
350g/150g/0-25g
On higher days, I usually increase cardio by 15-25mins.
Also what carb sources are you using?.
I'm also cutting as well for a Physique Competition. I wish you the best of luck on this journey!!
I'm not doing any shows nor plan to but this is my setup as well for carb cycling. Just not quite as high on high carb days. Usually around 220-250.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
agree with these guys about carb cycling my setup is different, but obviously we are all different so we will all need diferent ratios.

I would recomend looking into a coach. I keep a diet/prep coach year round priceless in my opinion.

anteis99

Awards
My carb sources are sweet potato oatmeal and brown rice, then I just fill in the others carbs from nuts. Thanks for the great advice guys, I'm going to cycle my carbs down to 120 on med days and then double on high days. My plans are in 4 weeks to do The Keto diet once my body is low enough