need cutting basics

shady05

Awards
Hey everyone. I have been lifting for over 2 yrs now. Gone from a scrawney 160 lbs with 9% bf to around 183lbs maybe 17% bf. I am 5'9". I've always just ate and ate moderately clean and just lifted. I want to start bulking and cutting this cutting is all new to me. I want to start to cut first obviously. What should the main concerns be so I don't lose too much muscle? Main lifts: reads= 315 7x squat= 300 5x bench 250 3x. Please lend me some good cutting advice. I am very familiar with macronutrients thanks CJ. My goal is to just get down under 10th % bf again and just be lean

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower your carb intake and up your protein intake and drink plenty of water. Training wise look into HIIT to do along your lifting program These are just a few quick tips.

shady05

Awards
Any one else? What about intermittent fasting??

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
...ya. Its a great idea for cutting. find the IF Discussion thread in nutrition forum.

Rose Tylor

Awards
For weight loss it is important to do workout. In food eat less but low calories food. Gym is good place to do workout and a personal trainer is helpful for getting training.

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
Hey everyone. I have been lifting for over 2 yrs now. Gone from a scrawney 160 lbs with 9% bf to around 183lbs maybe 17% bf. I am 5'9". I've always just ate and ate moderately clean and just lifted. I want to start bulking and cutting this cutting is all new to me. I want to start to cut first obviously. What should the main concerns be so I don't lose too much muscle? Main lifts: reads= 315 7x squat= 300 5x bench 250 3x. Please lend me some good cutting advice. I am very familiar with macronutrients thanks CJ. My goal is to just get down under 10th % bf again and just be lean
No need to change your workout schedule other than adding HIIT. It all comes down to your diet. Try not to cut calories too drastically. Start off by eating 10% off your TDEE or -200. Keep subtracting each week till you lose about 1-2lbs per week. can just keep it simple till about 11-10% then you can try other dieting methods.

shady05

Awards
I have started doing IF and I'm eating between noon and 8 pm. 2000 cal. 160 g protein 120 g carb and 70 g of fat. more running. And high intensity on my core routine still lifting trying to decide on a routine

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been doing IF for 19 days, cutting for 27. I've gone from 204 to 193, went down 2 belt loop sizes, lost .165" in my (R) arm and none on my chest (as of last Saturday). I will be doing IF for a long time. As for strength, I don't know yet. I was benching 305 and curling 115, but I'm doing p90x with my cut. Intermittent Fasting, the LeanGains dot com way, gets 4 thumbs up from me (two of those contributed by my wife).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also: Calories 1700-2000 during the week, 2000-2400 Sat and Sun. Feeding 12-8. 40/30/30, (% of calories from protein, carbs, fat)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final also: that pic in my profile was 7 days, 3 pounds, and 1 belt loop hole ago. I'm loving the IF if its not obvious.