General Weight Loss Queries

Robbo1

Awards
Hi Guys!

A brief overview before I begin...

I am now 21 years of age weighing approximately 13 stone and am 6" tall.

I started working out for muscle gain about a year ago and managed to gain roughly 3 stone leading me to my current weight. I have however stopped for some unknown reason to myself for the last four months or so.

In this time and over the holiday season, I have managed to grow myself an unfortunate looking friend around my stomach area and have finally today realized that enough is enough!

I am relatively inexperienced when it comes to the weight loss side of working out so I came here for help.

So my question to you knowledgable people is I want to lose weight but not lose all the muscle that I worked so hard for previously.

I know this is going to be very hard to do but I'm sure there is a way and I'm sure you all have some answers for me.

I would be greatly appreciate any help on this at all, and whilst I am not wishing for someone to write out a whole plan for me, I was hoping people would have general information on what kind of foods to eat, how often to train and what to look for in those training sessions, and what to completely avoid.

Apologies for the long post but I wanted to give as much information as possible.

I thank you all very much in advance.

TexasGuy

Awards
Lift heavy, eat under your daily maintenance level of calories and within your caloric intake, be sure to aim for nutrient dense foods and lots of protein.

Read the various thread discussion already going on and learn from them as well.

Jeniffer

Awards
i am agree with you. you have to lift heavy , eat regularly that gives you enough calories.