Low Carb Diet. Lost 50 lbs in 4 months (Pics below)

JoeyvAF

JoeyvAF

Awards
Hey guys! Just wanted to log out my entire diet to hopefully inspire a few people who have either let themselves go or just would like to know what worked for me while cutting weight over this fall/winter.

Being in the military, I deploy every year or so... After my last deployment I had a gynecomastectomy on account of growing large pieces of tissue in my chest... Which means I had that tissue removed from under my nipples. My recovery wasn't so great and it lasted much longer than it should have. I ended up losing all of my gains and gaining a lot of fat in the process. My diet completely fell off along with lifting or any sort of exercise whatsoever. A whole year went by and it just got worse. Keep in mind, I do not blame the surgery or the "supplements" I was taking at all. I blame myself for taking things at too young of an age. I wanted to "GET BIG FAST!" And boy did I get big... And not in a good way! I was tasked in August 2012 to deploy once more... I took this as a way to get my ass back in shape.

So here I am... 4 Months later and I'm finaly starting to see the old me again. Yes I have lost strength... But That doesn't matter to me anymore... Who cares how much weight I can life if my goal at THIS particular moment is to lose fat and get back to a solid starting point that I can build on.

Diet Plan
What I went with was an almost ZERO carb plan. The only difference is, every week I would carb up on ONE day. The theory is, by depleting your body of carbohydrates, your body turns to fat to burn for energy. However, you can only do so for so long before your body freaks out... So by carbing up once a week, you repeat the cycle.

Carb Free Diet Plan:
I want to start off by saying that I really HATED my life for the first few weeks on this diet. Breaking old habits was hard for me. I started off slow, but I really didn't stray too far from the plan in the first 2 weeks. It is a VERY simple and inexpensive meal plan mixed in with daily exercise and later on, a fat burner or energy supplement to help with lack of energy...
Examples of foods you CANNOT eat are: ANY Breads, Pasta, Sauces (You MAY consume hot sauce), sugars, fruits, heavy foods, etc....

Morning:
I started off each morning with 4-5 hard boiled egg whites along with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and ONE glass of milk.

Snack:
Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews, Peanut butter, or Low Carb protein shake or green vegetables... Nothing with starch like Corn, Potatoes, etc... For the 1st month only, I did consume fruit such as apples, banana's and oranges. After the 1st month, fruit is cut out.

Lunch/Dinner:
Your Lunch and Dinner are going to be VERY similar depending on what you have prepared, you will eat 2 pieces of LEAN meat such as Chicken or Turkey. Along with that, one serving of green vegetables along with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and ONE glass of milk. NOTHING ELSE.

I am still a long ways from my goal... But even when you are disgusted with yourself, you just have to stay motivated and you will accomplish it! I thought i could never get back into shape or get my chest back to normal... I'm almost there!

-Joey V

Joey V.jpeg

JoeyvAF

JoeyvAF

Awards
Sorry I said this was going to be a log in the beginning... It's more of just a brief summary lol!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
mate for four months that is awesome! You've gone from being significantly overweight to fairly lean in a third of a year....very impressive. I could continue a little longer and then try adding some lean muscle.

JoeyvAF

JoeyvAF

Awards
Thanks man! That's exactly what I am doing now... I will be starting a USP Labs Prime/PowerFULL stack along with my same diet after i get to where i feel i can start building from... Keeping it lean and trying to add some muscle... I understand now that it takes time... LOL!

Last edited:

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! That's exactly what I am doing now... I will be starting a USP Labs Prime/PowerFULL stack along with my same diet after i get to where i feel i can start building from... Keeping it lean and trying to add some muscle... I understand now that it takes time... LOL!
It does...but the good thing is if your lean to begin with even the small gains are noticeable and look good as long as they are lean.

JoeyvAF

JoeyvAF

Awards
You are absolutely right. I have learned a lot these last few months... Lean is the way to go. I can't wait to see what this year brings for me as far as personal goals. Thank you for your knowledge lol

Hawk87

Hawk87

Awards
Awesome weight loss story! you look like an entirely different person! Good luck with the rest of your goals

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Well done buddy you look 10x better, good luck with your goals

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nice work! Maybe look into Carb Back loading to gain muscle. It's soothing that would work good since you are already fat adjusted, or used to being low carb!

JoeyvAF

JoeyvAF

Awards
Awesome, Thor. Thanks! I've actually been looking into that!

Kuraudo

Awards
wow, that's crazyyy! Almost the same thing I did too. I lost 50 lbs from 200 to 150 in 3 months. The first 22 lbs came off in the first month and next 18 took 2 months to lose. I also did one carb up day a week, but I ate more than just carbs.My diet consisted of nuts, lean meats, sausages, jerky, small pcs of bread, some fruit but little, I used slim plus, vitamin C, alpha lipoic acid, multi, fish oil consistently. I mostly did walking, sprinting and calisthenics since getting a gym membership couldn't work out with my situation. I kept most of it off since the last 2 years plus, but I'm up 7 lbs from the holidays. Did you use any fat burning supplements?

Again, congrats!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Very impressive!! What a great feeling to wake up and see the incredible changes that you have made everyday. I like the idea of adding some carbs back in as Thor suggested. You will need those to build some muscle.

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
Good job getting to that point in just 4 months! I only got up to 30lbs in that time frame though that's where I needed to be. Keep up the good work!