Diet help?

mustang88

Awards
I am 35, 5'11" and 264 lbs. I have recently started working out again after taking 2 years off and gaining a lot of unwanted fat. i have been lifting 6 days a week and cardio 4 days. Im down to 264 from 280 but I feel like my diet is terrible and don't know where to start. My plan is to drop to 220 then do my first ph cycle of hdrol. I have read a ton on diets but have yet to get a solid plan. I'm dedicated to whatever I do just don't know what would be my best set up to still keep and gain muscle while losing body fat. I checked bmr but don't understand that either! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Don't really want a Diet as much as I want a lifestyle change for eating right and then a regimen for when i use the ph so I gain lean gains and lose body fat.

Thatguy_603

Awards
A good place to start would be to lay off the sweets. When I first started trying to diet I looked at what I ate daily and I cut it in half. Start there then look deeper into what u eat and play around with it . There are some good diet plans out there but they are very strict . Look around and find one that best suits u.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Cut out a few bad choices a week replace with good food then when that feels normal go clean all day every day. It's easy to figure out your macros cals etc. use google for that. Once you are eating healthy I. A regular diet then look up carb cycling. Make your refeeds/cheat meals clean not junk, and i would advise not having anything crappy (cheat meal) for at least a month after you get your diet on track. cheats and refeeds are important mentally to give yourself a break but also important for replenishing your body. this will take time to get used to but stay with it. I went from a fat ass 225 lbs 20+ % bf to 175 around 8-10% in just over 6 months. So i can relate im not just a guy who has always been in shape or just happens to love healthy Food, i love ****ty food. It's hard to change habits at first but once you start seeing results it gets easier.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/221228-beans-1st-contest.html

whaz

whaz

Awards
Drop all sugar from your diet. These days sugar free substitutes for just about everything exist. The only sugar that I take in is from fresh fruits when I'm trying to lose weight.

zachs

Awards
Check out TripFitness.com. I just started the blog section after recently losing over 30 pounds by carb cycling, tracking my food, and busting my butt in the gym. Let me know if you have any questions.

PROness

Awards
I've had a lot of success with the paleo diet as far as re-comping goes. It's extremely hard, however, given the fact that you must eliminate all refined carbohydrates. Here is an example... only avoid or limit dairy products:

"The simplicity of the diet blends optimum performance and health. We can’t say it any simpler than this.

Eat with abandon: meat, fowl, fish, seafood, eggs, vegetables, roots, tubers, bulbs, herbs and spices as well as animal fats, olives & olive oil, avocados, and coconut (meat, oil, flour) and dairy*.

*Dairy is a gray area, while it is a powerful tool in the strength and weight gain category you have to be smart. Individuals with autoimmune disease should avoid dairy products of any kind. For those without autoimmune diseases, dairy from grass-fed animals is permissible, with raw dairy being ideal. Dairy from grain-fed animals will not have an ideal omega 3 profile. Heavy cream, butter, and ghee should not be problematic. Occasional consumption of fermented dairy options such as raw cheese and greek yogurt is acceptable. Experiment with milk but eliminate it if it is found to be problematic.

**Pasteurized whole milk from grain-fed cows treated with rBGH offers an increased anabolic environment for the consumer.

Limit: nuts, seeds, and fruit.
Better choices in the nut category include macadamias, cashews, and hazelnuts. Almonds aren’t terrible. Seeds are generally rich sources of linoleic acid because they can be eaten in large quantities (the serving sizes are typically in the tablespoon to 1/4 cup range and can be misleading). Sunflower and sesame seeds are a terrible choices in the seed category. Soaking nuts prior to consumption is recommended but not necessary.

Reduce the serving size if you are going to pick a fruit that has a high metabolic fructose content.

Avoid: Cereal grains including: all varieties of wheat (spelt, einkorn, emmer, durum), barley, rye, oats, triticale, corn (maize), rice (including wild rice), sorghum, millet, fonio, and teff and legumes.

Grain-like substances or pseudocereals including: Amaranth, Breadnut, Buckwheat, Cattail, Chia, Cockscomb, Kañiwa, Pitseed Goosefoot, Quinoa, and Wattleseed (aka aacacia seed). Pseudocereals are the seeds of broad leaf plants whereas grains are the seeds of grasses."

-Taken from CFFB

JoeyvAF

JoeyvAF

Awards
Hey man! This is the diet plan I used to cut 50 lbs in less than 4 months... I just sent this to my friend yesterday... Maybe it will help you! Good luck! -Joey
Carb Free Diet Plan:
I want to start off by saying that you are going to HATE your life for the first few weeks while your stomach is shrinking and you are breaking your old habits. You may start off slow, but I HIGHLY recommend that you do not stray TOO far off of the plan. It is a VERY simple and inexpensive meal plan mixed in with daily exercise and later on, a fat burner or energy supplement to help with lack of energy...
Examples of foods you CANNOT eat are: ANY Breads, Pasta, Sauces (You MAY consume hot sauce), sugars, heavy foods, etc.... If you have questions please let me know.

One of the MOST important thing while dieting is to get enough rest and recovery time. Also, being consistent. Make sure you are going to bed before midnight, not eating ANYTHING for 3 hours before bed., and getting out of bed around 9-10 each morning. Of course every once in a while, you are going to want to sleep in.... That is fine, however, doing it everyday will drastically slow your metabolism.
Morning:
Start off each morning with 4-5 hard boiled egg whites along with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and ONE glass of milk. Make sure you eat this within a half hour of waking up as it will be the starting point of your metabolism for the day.
Snack:
Most likely, you will be pretty effing hungry even after this meal. Wait at least 2 hours before eating something else. Snacks you may eat in between meals are; Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews, Peanut butter, or Low Carb protein shake or green vegetables... Nothing with starch like Corn, Potatoes, etc... For the 1st month only, you may eat fruit such as apples, banana's and oranges. After the 1st month, fruit is cut out.
Lunch/Dinner:
Your Lunch and Dinner are going to be VERY similar depending on what you have prepared, you will eat 2 pieces of LEAN meat such as Chicken or Turkey. Along with that, one serving of green vegetables along with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and ONE glass of milk. NOTHING ELSE.

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
I'd recommend starting with cutting out a couple things like breads, milk, and sweets. Slowly work towards making your diet healthier. Fruits, vegetables, and white meats are the good stuff.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd recommend starting with cutting out a couple things like breads, milk, and sweets. Slowly work towards making your diet healthier. Fruits, vegetables, and white meats are the good stuff.
This here . Keeping it simple is the best .

67nova

Awards
Simple is diffently the best route,with that in mind always focus first on protein(less carbs/more protein)Id hit atleast 225-250g of protein a day match with carbs and get rest of calories from fat.

Im same age/height as you but everyones different(work/workouts/spare time,ect...)Id go for 2500calories a day with a good intense routine and some mixed cardio(med intensity/hiit)either after lifting or on seperate day."You"have to find your idea calorie intake and adjust for desired results.