Fear of cutting

tomw123

Awards
Hey guys

Iv been lifting for around 3 years now ( 2 years with proper knowledge and nutrition ) and I have made some quality gains in size and strength. I'm
Coming to the end of a very successful bulk and I'm going to start cutting down on the 9th of February in preparation of a Holliday I'm
Going on on the 9th of April. I really worry about looking my hard earned gains and am slightly confused about some cutting techniques . I understand all the caloric stuff it's more about when to consume carbs ect ect . If anyone could give me any tips into cutting it would be very appreciated !

STATS

Height - 5 11
Weight- 90kg
Age - 18

JR.99

JR.99

Awards
I feel the same way bro 3 years ago a was 226 of chubbyness lost weight to 140 with out training I looked like a twig loosening weight was easy but maintaining muscle is the hard part so now I'm at 200lb and might try a low carb diet don't wanna hijack your thread but we both need the same advise

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
When it comes to maintaining strength and muscle on a cut, the best advice I can give is don't remove anything and don't rush it. Just my opinion but low carb or low fat ends up killing my gains. Carb cycling is a great strategy though. And don't try to rush it, a few hundreds cals under maintenance plenty of cardio and protein and voila! Do you have specific questions though? Your speaking in generals which is usually tough to answer.

tomw123

Awards
When it comes to maintaining strength and muscle on a cut, the best advice I can give is don't remove anything and don't rush it. Just my opinion but low carb or low fat ends up killing my gains. Carb cycling is a great strategy though. And don't try to rush it, a few hundreds cals under maintenance plenty of cardio and protein and voila! Do you have specific questions though? Your speaking in generals which is usually tough to answer.
Iv been looking into carb cycling actually sounds really good ! As for questions I have a few .

What supps are best on a cut ?

Do I need to up my protein intake ?

Should I consume more calories on days when I'm doing cardio ?

As I'm doing a 2 month cut shal I stay at my maintenance calories for the first 3 weeks and do low intensity cardio?

Thanks for the replies guys !!!

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
1. Food. Supps are just icing on the cake.

2. Not unless it's too low

3. No

4. If you want. It's not necessary.

TexasGuy

Awards
I've been successful by lifting heavy while reducing calories.

Heavy compound lifts three days per week should prevent you from losing anything you've gained over a month long cut. Your muscles will be fighting to maintain themselves if you beat them up with heavy lifts and will pull nutrients from your diet and fat from your body on a reduced calorie diet to do so.

If you are worried about definition loss, add a fourth day of strictly isolation movements to hit the biceps, triceps, calves, traps et cetera. You'll be fine.

tomw123

Awards
I've been successful by lifting heavy while reducing calories.

Heavy compound lifts three days per week should prevent you from losing anything you've gained over a month long cut. Your muscles will be fighting to maintain themselves if you beat them up with heavy lifts and will pull nutrients from your diet and fat from your body on a reduced calorie diet to do so.

If you are worried about definition loss, add a fourth day of strictly isolation movements to hit the biceps, triceps, calves, traps et cetera. You'll be fine.
Thanks man , good tips there !!