Coconut oil

a312

Awards
Does anyone use coconut oil? If yes in what form? Can it assist if fat loss?

Thanks

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone use coconut oil? If yes in what form? Can it assist if fat loss?

Thanks
Dont know what you mean by form.. Coconut oil is made up of MCT medium chain triglycerides.. Because they are shorter the body metabalizes them much faster and efficiently converts them into fuel for immediate use. They also induce thermogenisis. They can absolutely be used to assist fat loss as long as your diet is on point

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use extra virgin. I wouldn't say it will assist in fat loss, but it is a very easy to digest and easily absorbed and oxidized source of fats and fuels. Perhaps if you swap EVCO for vegetable oil you will see improvements in health and body composition.

treemanrob

Awards
Just be careful with some coconut oil you buy with how you store it. I just returned from the Philippines with a fresh bottle of it and it had a bit of a...transformation...during the travel process due to climate change. While it's still fine the appearance of it can change and it may need to be re-rendered in order to be processed by your body more effectively.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I use Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil. You always want to go for the extra virgin kind. I'm on 6 spoonfuls a day at the moment. Feel like a boss!
Just be careful with some coconut oil you buy with how you store it. I just returned from the Philippines with a fresh bottle of it and it had a bit of a...transformation...during the travel process due to climate change. While it's still fine the appearance of it can change and it may need to be re-rendered in order to be processed by your body more effectively.
Coconut oil solidifies below 24oC. Its still good. just pop the jar in a basin of warm water to melt it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9
Supplements 31
Supplements 55
DemntedCowboy Nutrition / Health 1