When is fat bad?

  1. New Member
    frofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0

    When is fat bad?


    ie. when should you avoid eating fat? I believe post working fat is bad, are there any meals that you should avoid eating fat?


  2. Advanced Member
    OmarJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    673
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by frofan
    ie. when should you avoid eating fat? I believe post working fat is bad, are there any meals that you should avoid eating fat?
    with any high gylcemic carbs i believe.

    depends a lot on the fat source also.

  3. New Member
    frofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0

    More than half of my daily fat intake is from eggs and flax oil. My main concern was eating a medium gi, high carb breakfast with the high fat flax oil.

    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ZackMurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    43
    Posts
    148
    Answers
    0

    Not really a big deal. Those are excellent fats, remember.

    The only real compelling reason to avoid fats inthe early AM (first meal), is that that's the meal when you DON'T want slow digestion. You know? Speedy digestion to get you rmetabolism going. Not a huge deal, but I shuffle fats to the middle of my day for that reason. Away from AM and away from workouts.

  5. Board Supporter
    hypo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    524
    Answers
    0

    Unless you're sub 10% and really trying to cut, the main point is to avoid all BAD fats, ie saturated and trans fatty acids. the mono and poly are good for you

    general rule of thumb is protein/fat meals or carb/protein meals. I try to get most of my fat in the last half of the day since carbs are supposed to be filtered out anyway.

  6. New Member
    kraftkid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    279
    Answers
    0

    I consider fat bad when it is hangin on you as a pair of huge love handles, or even worse, on your girlfriend as a huge pair of love handles.

    Actually, I try not to do the heavy carb/fat meal. I can virtually see myself getting fatter when I do it.

  7. New Member
    no regrets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0

    yes, you should not include fats in your postworkout meal. You should take in a good amount of carbs to protein (2:1 ratio) and avoid fats because they will hinder the whey in being digested quickly.

  8. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Answers
    0

    would like to see Bobo chime in on this...

  9. New Member
    Steve_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    161
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by hypo
    general rule of thumb is protein/fat meals or carb/protein meals. I try to get most of my fat in the last half of the day since carbs are supposed to be filtered out anyway.
    No that's not a rule of thumb. That's Berardi's crap, which is wrong.

  10. New Member
    xxghostxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W
    No that's not a rule of thumb. That's Berardi's crap, which is wrong.
    ahaha, steve, glad to see you debunking berardism everywhere you go

  11. New Member
    taffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    107
    Answers
    0

    hey ghost, nice to see you here too, i guess we gotta go somewhere when bb.com is down!
    looks like only all the smart people from bb.com are coming here, this is a good board!

  12. New Member
    xxghostxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by taffer
    hey ghost, nice to see you here too, i guess we gotta go somewhere when bb.com is down!
    looks like only all the smart people from bb.com are coming here, this is a good board!
    Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words taffer.

  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,913
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by no regrets
    yes, you should not include fats in your postworkout meal. You should take in a good amount of carbs to protein (2:1 ratio) and avoid fats because they will hinder the whey in being digested quickly.
    THey won't hinder the absortion of whey much at all.

    Fats in a solid state delay digestion but oils won't cause much of a delay at all. Oil floats to the top of chyme while the rest of the chyme is absorbed into the samll intestine. From there amino's and fats are absorbed in a completely different manner (one through the small intestine and the other lymphatically)

    The reason you don't want fats post workout is the you don't want an increase insulin along with increased FFA's. THis causes a very large spike in LPL (which the presence of insulin rises drastically) which will increase the chance of adipose storage especially in times of a caloric surplus. YOu also don't want to supply an energy source that can a significant time to breakdown and utlize at this time.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  14. New Member
    taffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    107
    Answers
    0

    bobo - how many grams of fat would you say is max for post-workout
    i ask because the fat in oats can add up (i get about 8-10from oats post-workout ~90g of oats)

  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,913
    Answers
    0

    It depends on the individual and how much they weigh.


    I wouldn't go over 80g (1 Cup Quaker Oats) which would have 6g of fat.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 10:25 PM
  2. How do you know when your PCT is going bad?
    By taman6886 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 04:34 AM
  3. When A Facial Tatoo Is A Bad Idea !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 09:54 AM
  4. (Bobo or anyone): When is the best time to take in fats?
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 08:53 AM
  5. Is fat before bed just as bad as carbs?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in