12 week recomp

djtitch20

djtitch20

Awards
Hi ,

I am looking to complete a 12 week recomp and would like your opinions on what I'm planning. Essentially, I would like to drop some fat and possibly gain a few pounds of muscle.

Here it goes, all advice welcome :

Weight: 194 lbs
Height: 5'10
BF: 15-18%

Maintenance Cals: 3,400
Macros: 1/1/1 - approx 45g protein - 45 g carbs - 15-20g fat - per each meal
May play around with carb intake - more in pre and post workout meals and lower in the evening meals.

Lifting: 3-4 days per week
Cardio: on off days - mix of morning fasted and HIIT.

Also, has anyone had success with such diets ? What results did you get in terms of weight gain/loss and overall body composition?

I know people may suggest to simply cut or bulk, if this is the case do you think 6 weeks bulk plus 6 weeks cut would yield better results ?

Any help is appreciated people.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
I used the following diet to cut to 4%, it's hard to stay on at first but a few days in and it's a breeze.

Breakfast: scoop of bcaa's, 3-5 egg omlet, with variation of veggie stir fry/salmon omlet/chicken
Snack: carrots/nuts/chicken in can/tuna/ try to stick with whole foods
Preworkout: simple carbs, fruits work best. Or Greek yogurt
Post workout: protein shake followed by another fruit or Greek yogurt
(Hour later): None gluten complex carb source (try keeping it under 30g's), whole protein source, and some fat such as cooking in olive oil, or salmon, flaxseeds.
Before bed ZMK is great before bed to recover quicker.

Eat what your body tells you to eat don't over eat or you'll put on body fat or under eat trying to cut. You'll just be loosing muscle. Good luck with the comp cut!!

djtitch20

djtitch20

Awards
Cheers Man, you look shredded so well done. What was your cardio like ?

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
No cardio for me man, kills gains. A good diet and hard training is all you need. It comes down to cals in cals out. If you need more cals then you ate you use reserved calories as fuel, aka fats.

djtitch20

djtitch20

Awards
You must have great genetics lol ! Assuming you were just below your maintenance cals each day ?

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
People say genetics but its hard work hard dieting and maintaining fitness as a lifestyle. It's been 6 years and done everything from marathons, all kinds of diets, and workouts. Keep it up man, also look into super setting.

I like warming up with low weights, about workout 3-4 get heavier sets in, but superset out with 3 excersices for the same body part, or secondary body part (ex: back bi's). And going til failure, then going back to low weight to give your muscles a good stretch. Try it out, works great.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
People say genetics but its hard work hard dieting and maintaining fitness as a lifestyle. It's been 6 years and done everything from marathons, all kinds of diets, and workouts. Keep it up man, also look into super setting.

I like warming up with low weights, about workout 3-4 get heavier sets in, but superset out with 3 excersices for the same body part, or secondary body part (ex: back bi's). And going til failure, then going back to low weight to give your muscles a good stretch. Try it out, works great.
I see you're new to the board so I'd like to say welcome!

Please don't take this the wrong way but its your body type that's keeping you lean. I'm sure you do work hard but you're giving advise for you.. Not to mention your workout is just kind of what you do. No rhyme or reason behind what you do, you're simply offering "what you do"

You're not really offering much advice to the OP but rather "what you do". I'd offer you the same advice, take a look around this website, it's a great place with a wealth of knowledge. Most on here are vey helpful but would like for you to do your homework first.

Good luck to both you and the OP!

djtitch20

djtitch20

Awards
Hey man, got to say i do agree with you. Dude has good intentions though.

I have looked around the site, have done for months trying to get everything planned for this run.

I was not asking for someone to write a plan, but to advise whether they would tweak what i have planned.

Based on what i have looked at, my plan seems solid, but like i said im just asking if anything stands out that needs tweaking

Cheers