gained weight in the wrong places.....help me

iwinulose2980

Awards
i am 24 about a year and a half ago i was 5'11 170lbs and a regular cigarette smoker. i wanted to bulk up so i finally made the choice to quit the cancer sticks for good. a year and a half later i havent picked up a cigarette and am now 215lbs. but due to a car accident i had a injury in both knees and both wrists which didnt allow me to train. i put on the weight but it ended up inbetween my a$$ and lowerback and around the lovehandle spot. can someone give me some advice on how i can keep the weight im at but trim out the truck tire i have around my waist.
thanks for any info

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i am 24 about a year and a half ago i was 5'11 170lbs and a regular cigarette smoker. i wanted to bulk up so i finally made the choice to quit the cancer sticks for good. a year and a half later i havent picked up a cigarette and am now 215lbs. but due to a car accident i had a injury in both knees and both wrists which didnt allow me to train. i put on the weight but it ended up inbetween my a$$ and lowerback and around the lovehandle spot. can someone give me some advice on how i can keep the weight im at but trim out the truck tire i have around my waist.
thanks for any info
Unfortunately you can't "spot reduce" meaning you can't pick the areas you want to lose fat in and do it. You'll have to drop your body fat % to lose the gut. Are you healed enough now to train? If so, start up a strength training program along with 3-4 days of cardio and the fat will melt off.

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
CONGRATS!!!! I quit smoking nov 11 1993 . i am 6ft and when I quit despite working out, eating, drinking shakes etc I could not get over 165. I was the poster boy for starving people. I then replaced the marlboros with even more food and went up to 210 in about 3 months.ALot was muscle but most was fat. Now in keeping with the times, 1994, i followed the metrx plan to a T. In about 2 months i was down to a healthier 185 no gut, not ripped or anything like that, but not fat. 10 years later, im still at 185. It may be considered out of date, but check it out. Oh, and since your knees are messed up, try swimming or the elliptcal machines. they put no stress on your joints. just my experience yours will vary.