Water fasting

ThatGuy2320

ThatGuy2320

Awards
Hey, i'm losing weight to join into the usmc this summer after being accepted and all of that. I'm 6'4" 228 pounds, large broad shoulder body type. I'm going to loose the last twenty pouds through water fasting which i have done three different times within the past 6 months to lose 40 pounds so far. I've done the reading and such, had tests done and have been told i'm much healthier each time i finished a fast. I always try to loose 5 extra pounds than my overall goal each time because when you start eating again 5 pounds always comes back like on day three. Every day you fast your suppose to spend the equal amount of days eating very low calorie (Jst juice and a few vegies first few days) to get your body adjusted once again and motabolising normally. Most people dont do that and gain the weight back. have been told i'm much healthier each time i finished a fast. I always try to loose 5 extra pounds than my overall goal each time because when you start eating again 5 pounds always comes back like on day three. Every day you fast your suppose to spend the equal amount of days eating very low calorie (Jst juice and a few vegies first few days) to get your body adjusted once again and motabolising normally. Most people dont do that and gain the weight back. Anyways would appreciate support! But seriously, dont post if you're going to be discouraging, doing this method of weightloss has been medically proven time and time again to be way more beneficial than anything unless you have a low bf%. One lady was around 300 pounds and went on it for 100 days strait, a study was done on her and her body was in such a better shape than when she started (Of course i think 60 of those days were juice fasting but you get the point haha.)
Would also love seeing stories of those whom have done this method of fitness and weight loss! :). Ummmm, not sure whatelse to say, oh and each time i did the fast i ended up loosing 15, maintaining around 12 pounds each time then doing the "Paleo lifestyle" after the fasts.
Day1: Starting Weight, 228.
Feeling: Great of course.

gokix811

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting. How does it work? I've heard of fasts such as a 24 hr fast or IF (which I'm currently doing) but never water fasts. Best of luck! :)

ThatGuy2320

ThatGuy2320

Awards
It's simple, you just dont eat for at least three days at a time. But drink alot of water. It really cleanses the body and after around three days will shut down the digestive system to begin repairs on your body and you'll go through this mode where you burn basically all fat. People complain that you'll go into "Starvation mode" and such (Which in the military study most starvation mode theories were downed by the way) but every pound you loose will only be 3% protein supposivly, and can easily gain it back. One woman i know was pretty large, and in 30 days lost about 35 pounds, maintained 30 for around two months or so and then went on the diet again for another 30 days. Essentially, the more fat you have the longer you can survive without food. The average person can go around 20-40 days to survive. Somedays you'll loose a few pounds, some days you wont. But it all evens out to about a pound a day, when you start eating again you'll gain 3-5 natural weight. In some studies people even gained abiy of muscle during their fasts with weightlifting. You can look it up with simple google searches :)

ThatGuy2320

ThatGuy2320

Awards
Day2-
Starting weight 228(High end)
Current weight: 227 (Low end)
Feel fine so far, had some broth to help with the hunger, but the boulion kind thats like 10 calories for a teaspoon of the paste stuff. I hear that actually slows the process down haha, so probly wont do it again. Anyways it's only the start, not gonna be any dirastic health chamge or weightloss of course haha :), but i'm just logging each day. I've borrowed a several hundred dollar scale of my dads that's fully electronic and suppose to be quite accurate. Anyways, till tomorrow! Bye. ^_^

ThatGuy2320

ThatGuy2320

Awards
Sorry my phone got wet. I'm at about 225 atm. My family has a few b-days that coorespond with eachother about this time so iv eaten with them, no weight gain though from it. I'm not just doing water anymoee, i'm restricting to about 400 cals of solids after reading about this doctor whose reccomended that for dozens of patients with no bad side effects or muscle loss. I'm drinking Monster Milk as well. It's working very well :)