View Poll Results: how many eggs do you eat a day?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • two dozen or more

    0 0%
  • 12 or more

    6 13.64%
  • 6-12

    22 50.00%
  • 1-6

    16 36.36%

how many eggs per day.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Cuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,192
    Rep Power
    1231
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    97.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Well I used Lana's egg whites, not actual eggs. I just count the grams of protein. It's just too convenient that way and I hate cooking.
    LOL...lazy ass! You need to get ya a good woman!

  2. New Member
    wimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    202
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    71.12%

    what are the macros for one egg minus the yolk?

    and don't they make your shakes kind of slimy?
  3. New Member
    kelsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    344
    Rep Power
    306
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    6.95%

    i slam mine, it is a little, i dont notice much
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    frofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    173
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    8.32%

    Are eggs alright PW?
  5. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    10788
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    i throw about 6-12 raw eggs down per day, generally blended up in some concoction of milk, oatmeal, peanut butter, protein powder, honey, etc. good shiznitz.
  6. Board Supporter
    200wannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    74.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i throw about 6-12 raw eggs down per day, generally blended up in some concoction of milk, oatmeal, peanut butter, protein powder, honey, etc. good shiznitz.
    I get four at breakfast, couple more in shake like Beelzebub.
  7. New Member
    SeaHawk22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    239
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    49.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    This has overblow somewhat but if you are concerned, switch to albacore. The problem is eliminated.

    I thought albacore was high in mercury and chunk light was lower in mercury?

    SeaHawk22
  8. Banned
    Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    29
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    74.07%

    Is there a better way to get the yoke out of the raw egg. Right now I use a spoon and I always break the dam thing.
  9. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    just crack it in half and dump the egg from shell to shell to get all the whites out

    Jumbo eggs are the best, alot more egg white for your $
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  10. New Member
    Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    9.55%

    Isnt eating such ridiculous amounts of eggs a little harsh on the saturated fat? I mean...5 eggs a day is like 8 grams of sat fat and 25 grams of total fat!
    I love whole eggs. I could eat a dozen in one shot (frittata) noooo problem!.
  11. Board Supporter
    TheUsual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    501
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    Isnt eating such ridiculous amounts of eggs a little harsh on the saturated fat? I mean...5 eggs a day is like 8 grams of sat fat and 25 grams of total fat!
    I love whole eggs. I could eat a dozen in one shot (frittata) noooo problem!.
    Yeah, stick to mostly egg whites. All the sat fat/cholesterol is in the yolk.
  12. New Member
    Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    9.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUsual
    Yeah, stick to mostly egg whites. All the sat fat/cholesterol is in the yolk.
    So what about these guys that eat a dozen eggs a day lol. Doesnt it pose a health risk?
  13. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Some interesting info here:

    http://www.mercola.com/2002/nov/13/eggs.htm
  14. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,959
    Rep Power
    11030
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    44.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I have a question for bobo or anyone else in the know. I read the other day that the risk associated with the fat and cholesterol in egg yolks is overblown, do you know the reality of this? I stick mainly to the whites to be on the safe side anyways, just wondering. Thanks.
  15. New Member
    timogburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    180
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    6.84%

    so what is the chance to get salmonella from eating row eggs?
    I eat them raw once in a while... people do this and tell me I'm gonna die. LOL


    Salmonella is carried on the outside of the egg, so as long as you wash the eggs before you eat them, in warm water with a little dish soap or just use fruit spray, you are fine.
  16. board observer
    Moyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    573
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%

    Anyone have a hard boiled egg peeler like this one?

    http://www.youcansave.com/eggstractor.asp

    Hard boiled eggs can be very convenient, but I frickin hate peeling them.


    Also, if you like your yolks but worry about the fat, they have Omega-3 eggs now that are supposed to contain mostly good fats(a little more expensive though). I think they are from chickens that eat flax seed.
  17. New Member
    Cosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    251
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    80.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by Moyer
    Anyone have a hard boiled egg peeler like this one?

    http://www.youcansave.com/eggstractor.asp

    Hard boiled eggs can be very convenient, but I frickin hate peeling them.


    Also, if you like your yolks but worry about the fat, they have Omega-3 eggs now that are supposed to contain mostly good fats(a little more expensive though). I think they are from chickens that eat flax seed.
    My friend has that egg contraption. He says its not worth the effort, that website makes it look like you bang one out after another though you have to open it each time and place it just right in there, and that he smashes alot of them making it even hard to get the shell off the egg.

    I was reading somewhere (sorry no link) that the omega 3 eggs only have a bit more omega 3 and that for the extra money you're better off using more flax/fish.
  18. New Member
    Beta BBer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    180
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    28.72%

    if the hospital didn't call you, it doesn't mean a damn thing one way or another.

    i had also heard/read/pulled out of thin air that the chunk light tuna has less mercury than the albacore because of the relative ages of the fish, i.e. chunck light is younger, less concentration of mercury...
  19. New Member
    kelsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    344
    Rep Power
    306
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    6.95%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beta BBer
    if the hospital didn't call you, it doesn't mean a damn thing one way or another.

    i had also heard/read/pulled out of thin air that the chunk light tuna has less mercury than the albacore because of the relative ages of the fish, i.e. chunck light is younger, less concentration of mercury...
    if you reply to a post put a quote or address who you are speaking, It is annoying to have to reread the whole thread to keep up. thx

    did you guys here about how hillary swank put on 19 lbs of muscle in 3 months??????
    her trainer had her kill like 30 egg whites a day,
    shee looked freaky for that role, a female boxer. quite a transformation.
  20. Banned
    jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    62.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI
    so what is the chance to get salmonella from eating row eggs?

    I eat them raw once in a while... people do this and tell me I'm gonna die. LOL
    Eat ORGANIC free range raw eggs, they have a lot less % of salmonella and the nutrient levels are supposed to be better. But they cost more.
  21. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    956
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    49.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I pay a little extra for organic veg fed hens. The brand i use contain only 1gram of saturated fat per egg (versus 2.5g for regular large eggs). Also contains a good trace of omega fats. I dont like bothering throwing out the yolks so this allows me to save a bit.
    Sage
  22. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    http://unisci.com/stories/20014/1029013.htm


    Why Eggs Don't Contribute Much Cholesterol To Diet

    Nutrition researchers at Kansas State University have published the first evidence that the absorption of cholesterol is reduced by another compound in the egg, a lecithin.
    The research by Sung I. Koo, Yonghzhi Jiang and Sang K. Noh has resulted in the issue of U.S. Patent No. 6,248,728, "Compositions and methods for lowering intestinal absorption and plasma levels of cholesterol." The patent was issued June 19 to the KSU Foundation.

    A peer-reviewed research paper by the three researchers, "Egg phosphatidylcholine decreases the lymphatic absorption of cholesterol in rats," appears in the September issue of Journal of Nutrition.

    Many people believe that dietary cholesterol directly contributes to raising blood cholesterol. Because eggs provide about half the dietary cholesterol in a typical Western diet, the public has been advised to limit its egg consumption.

    Under the experimental conditions using an animal model that closely mimics human physiology, Koo and his associates found that a particular egg phospholipid interferes with the absorption of egg cholesterol and markedly lowers its uptake by the intestine. When the phospholipid is saturated, its inhibitory effect is further enhanced.

    The researchers controlled experimental conditions to specifically look at egg phospholipid and its effect on cholesterol absorption. Even though a good amount of cholesterol is consumed when an egg is eaten, much of the cholesterol becomes "unavailable for absorption" in the presence of the phospholipid, Koo said.

    "This may be a reason why so many studies found no association between egg intake and blood cholesterol," he said. The phospholipid, or lecithin, found in egg markedly inhibits the cholesterol absorption. The inhibition is not 100 percent, he said. Some cholesterol is absorbed but the amount is significantly reduced in the presence of this phospholipid.

    "Less absorption means less cholesterol introduced into the blood," Koo said. "We were able to determine experimentally that a substantial amount of the egg cholesterol is not going into the blood stream."

    Koo says people with normal cholesterol levels and no family history of cardiovascular disease should not worry about eating one to two eggs a day. There's more overall nutritional benefit than harm to be gained from eating "nutrient-dense" eggs -- in moderation, he said.

    Egg contains a higher quality protein than protein found in meat, milk or fish.

    Furthermore, egg is a significant source of vitamins A and E, and B vitamins B-6, B-12 and folate, which are known to lower blood levels of homocysteine, an independent risk factor for heart disease.

    Koo's research has received support from the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station and the USDA National Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program.

    Koo is a professor of human nutrition at K-State; Jiang received a master's degree in nutrition from K-State; and Noh is a postdoctoral researcher at K-State who is continuing research with Koo. - By Kay Garrett
  23. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    http://www.mercola.com/2002/aug/21/saturated_fat2.htm

    The Benefits Of Saturated Fats

    The much-maligned saturated fats-which Americans are trying to avoid-are not the cause of our modern diseases. In fact, they play many important roles in the body chemistry:

    Saturated fatty acids constitute at least 50% of the cell membranes. They are what gives our cells necessary stiffness and integrity.
    They play a vital role in the health of our bones. For calcium to be effectively incorporated into the skeletal structure, at least 50% of the dietary fats should be saturated.38
    They lower Lp(a), a substance in the blood that indicates proneness to heart disease.39 They protect the liver from alcohol and other toxins, such as Tylenol.40
    They enhance the immune system.41
    They are needed for the proper utilization of essential fatty acids. Elongated omega-3 fatty acids aņe better retained in the tissues when the diet is rich in saturated fats. 42
    Saturated 18-carbon stearic acid`and 16-carbon palmitic acid are the preferred foods for the heart, which is why the fat around the heart muscle is highly saturated.43 The heart draws on this reserve of fat in times of stress.
    Short- and medium-chain saturated fatty acids have important antimicrobial properties. They protect us against harmful microorganisms in the digestive tract.
  24. Banned
    ENEMY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    20%

    I heard albacore tuna is the one with higher mercury content and was advised to stick with the cheap **** (as it carries less mercury content). Could be wrong
  25. Advanced Member
    lozgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    456
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    32.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by sage
    I pay a little extra for organic veg fed hens. The brand i use contain only 1gram of saturated fat per egg (versus 2.5g for regular large eggs). Also contains a good trace of omega fats. I dont like bothering throwing out the yolks so this allows me to save a bit.
    Sage
    Same here bro. I eat Egglands Best. 100mg Omega 3 per serving, 40% more Vitamin E, and lower saturated fat.
  26. Advanced Member
    lozgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    456
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    32.28%

    Heres the part these articles leave out. Heat oxidizes the cholesterol in food. Thereby it places oxidized cholesterol in to the blood stream. However I am not knocking the article. There is a way around this. It is all about how you cook your eggs. The best methods to avoid oxidizing the cholesterol in eggs is to cook them either hard boiled, over easy, or poached. Frying the yolk will oxidize the cholesterol and it will have the same effect as free floating oxidized LDL.

    I could get in to how LDL isn't all bad (it transports beta-carotene for starters) but that might deserve it's own thread.




    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    http://unisci.com/stories/20014/1029013.htm


    Why Eggs Don't Contribute Much Cholesterol To Diet

    Nutrition researchers at Kansas State University have published the first evidence that the absorption of cholesterol is reduced by another compound in the egg, a lecithin.
    The research by Sung I. Koo, Yonghzhi Jiang and Sang K. Noh has resulted in the issue of U.S. Patent No. 6,248,728, "Compositions and methods for lowering intestinal absorption and plasma levels of cholesterol." The patent was issued June 19 to the KSU Foundation.

    A peer-reviewed research paper by the three researchers, "Egg phosphatidylcholine decreases the lymphatic absorption of cholesterol in rats," appears in the September issue of Journal of Nutrition.

    Many people believe that dietary cholesterol directly contributes to raising blood cholesterol. Because eggs provide about half the dietary cholesterol in a typical Western diet, the public has been advised to limit its egg consumption.

    Under the experimental conditions using an animal model that closely mimics human physiology, Koo and his associates found that a particular egg phospholipid interferes with the absorption of egg cholesterol and markedly lowers its uptake by the intestine. When the phospholipid is saturated, its inhibitory effect is further enhanced.

    The researchers controlled experimental conditions to specifically look at egg phospholipid and its effect on cholesterol absorption. Even though a good amount of cholesterol is consumed when an egg is eaten, much of the cholesterol becomes "unavailable for absorption" in the presence of the phospholipid, Koo said.

    "This may be a reason why so many studies found no association between egg intake and blood cholesterol," he said. The phospholipid, or lecithin, found in egg markedly inhibits the cholesterol absorption. The inhibition is not 100 percent, he said. Some cholesterol is absorbed but the amount is significantly reduced in the presence of this phospholipid.

    "Less absorption means less cholesterol introduced into the blood," Koo said. "We were able to determine experimentally that a substantial amount of the egg cholesterol is not going into the blood stream."

    Koo says people with normal cholesterol levels and no family history of cardiovascular disease should not worry about eating one to two eggs a day. There's more overall nutritional benefit than harm to be gained from eating "nutrient-dense" eggs -- in moderation, he said.

    Egg contains a higher quality protein than protein found in meat, milk or fish.

    Furthermore, egg is a significant source of vitamins A and E, and B vitamins B-6, B-12 and folate, which are known to lower blood levels of homocysteine, an independent risk factor for heart disease.

    Koo's research has received support from the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station and the USDA National Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program.

    Koo is a professor of human nutrition at K-State; Jiang received a master's degree in nutrition from K-State; and Noh is a postdoctoral researcher at K-State who is continuing research with Koo. - By Kay Garrett
  27. New Member
    ono's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    187
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    57.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI
    so what is the chance to get salmonella from eating row eggs?

    I eat them raw once in a while... people do this and tell me I'm gonna die. LOL
    I read somewhere it was 1 in 1000
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How many x per day do you use Joint Force?
    By DCbuilder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 02:15 PM
  2. How many times per day could one use GDA's?
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 06:58 AM
  3. Formex - how many caps per day for water on cycle
    By lector606 in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 11:26 PM
  4. How many Carbs per day to BULK???
    By JordyRoc in forum Bulking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 11:14 PM
  5. How many sprays per day?
    By noob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in