Medical Procedures for weight loss

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Well, wasn't quite sure where to post this one... Perhaps move if felt like this is the incorrect section?

Anyways, as I posted on another topic, I'm at 9% BF and still don't have visible lower abs. Which annoys the sh1t out of me. Anyways, a little background.

When I was 16 years old, I weighted ~270 lbs at 5'10'' or so. Needless to say, well overweight. At 16.5 I dropped down to 160 in about 4 months. miss those days.

Anyways. It seems as I have a lot from those days. No mater how much I drop, it seems as I regain everything with just one week of bad eating / no workout (I recently went on a business trip for 14 days, didn't even splurge that much on food, just had drinks that I don't usually and didn't eat my usual diet, I gained 20lbs in those 2 weeks. 15lbs after the water weight dropped a bit). So it seems as the fat cells from my fat days are still here with force.

I don't know if this old myth is still holding true or if I'm just outdated, but back in the day I remember there was the comment that you would never "burn" or lose your fat cells, they would simply deflate. Is that still accurate?

My thought was that perhaps having them removed through some surgery, let it be liposuction, or laser liposuction, or even something on the lines of L-Carnitine injection or whatnot. Just wanted to try to figure out if there is anything that could be done to remove them or if it is just soemthing that I have to get used to and is dictated by genetics.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the most part, fat cells simply change in size and do not decrease in number. They can increase in number with age and weight gain and I've seen some evidence that tren actually can cause fat cell death, but nothing definitive (not advocating tren for you). This particular scenario is most likely a result of your obesity as a child and any cosmetic surgery may just be temporary.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
For the most part, fat cells simply change in size and do not decrease in number. They can increase in number with age and weight gain and I've seen some evidence that tren actually can cause fat cell death, but nothing definitive (not advocating tren for you). This particular scenario is most likely a result of your obesity as a child and any cosmetic surgery may just be temporary.
So the removal of the fat cells that already exist wouldn't prevent new ones from being formed? i.e. wouldn't I have to get fat again for them to reappear?

My thought process was; fat cells do not decrease in number, simply change in size; I triggered a crap load of them to form when I was obese as a child - there is a lot of fat cells now in my body and therefore I gain weight a lot easier than the average joe because of the per-existence of these cells - I remove / kill the fat cells I have and would need to get relatively a lot fatter later for them to reappear.

Would that not be the case then?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the removal of the fat cells that already exist wouldn't prevent new ones from being formed? i.e. wouldn't I have to get fat again for them to reappear?

My thought process was; fat cells do not decrease in number, simply change in size; I triggered a crap load of them to form when I was obese as a child - there is a lot of fat cells now in my body and therefore I gain weight a lot easier than the average joe because of the per-existence of these cells - I remove / kill the fat cells I have and would need to get relatively a lot fatter later for them to reappear.

Would that not be the case then?
This is something that is highly individualized depending where each person gains fat first, but, IMO, your issue is a mix of extra skin and fat cells. I'm not sure what timeframe is necessary for lipogenesis, but you might be looking at small variations in weight triggering the regeneration of the fat cells in the lower abs. You could try something like Helios for this.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
This is something that is highly individualized depending where each person gains fat first, but, IMO, your issue is a mix of extra skin and fat cells. I'm not sure what timeframe is necessary for lipogenesis, but you might be looking at small variations in weight triggering the regeneration of the fat cells in the lower abs. You could try something like Helios for this.
Not quite familiar with Helios, what would that be?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lipo will forever **** your Leptin levels IMO