How many carbs to start when cutting

anteis99

Awards
My question is for a 16 week cut for competition where would I start off with carbs and how much and how often will I decrease them

uvawahoowa

Awards
My question is for a 16 week cut for competition where would I start off with carbs and how much and how often will I decrease them
What level are you at right now? And at your current calorie/activity level are you gaining, losing or maintaining weight?

anteis99

Awards
I'm 6 foot tall 205lbs around 16% body fat. Maintenance level for calories 2900 cals. So I was calculating for a cut I would eat 2300 cals but I'm not sure about the carbs because I'm feel as though I'm sensitive to carbs. Where would I start off? Any help

uvawahoowa

Awards
I'm 6 foot tall 205lbs around 16% body fat. Maintenance level for calories 2900 cals. So I was calculating for a cut I would eat 2300 cals but I'm not sure about the carbs because I'm feel as though I'm sensitive to carbs. Where would I start off? Any help
When I cut for a contest I start at 1.25-1.5g/lb bw protein, .3-.4g/lb bw fat, and fill in the rest with carbs to reach my daily calorie limit.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Do I drop the carbs each week or cycle them?
Up to you, I prefer cycling because I feel better and retain more muscle that way, but its really independent to each person