Not working out on ketosis

husker30

Awards
Ok, so I am a huge fan of ketosis and for me it is the fastest way to loose like 10lb in a couple weeks depending on body fat.

I first tried ketosis a few years ago when I was 18 years old and a fat ass, I had not worked out since I played football by freshman year of HS and was as out of shape as can be.

Started doing basically Atkins because my mom had great success within 2 months I had lost 40 pounds (260 to 220) without doing any physical activity other than my daily working and school. What I noticed is that I lost right around a pound a day if I didnt work out but when I did I didnt lose any or maybe gained, so I stayed away from treadmill until I was about 200 lb and in good enough shape to start training.

Sorry for the life story but basically does anyone else that uses ketosis notice that NOT working out in early stages of Ketosis is the best way to go??

Three years later and I lift everyday and consider myself in really good shape but have a about 20lb of fat that needs to go and started back on keto and I just have had zero results even with positive ketone testing.

I eat zero carbs aside from small amount in dark greens and cheese products, get lots of health fats 1500 calories worth and my body weight in protein (220) or about a thousand calories.

Dont know what else to do, IM trying to shred up for spring break but cant seem to loose im like 13-15% bf and want to get below 10 hopefully.

Any suggestions? thanks

Dragnesi

Awards
Hi,

You may try a carb cycle, like the one that Lyle McDonalds promote in his Ultimate Diet 2.0. Basically it rotates the carbs consumtion accordingly to the type of training you're doing. The first two days are really carbohydrates restricted (20-40 grams at day) and you performa a lactic training (short periods of rest between series and high amounts of repetitions). The next day you dont train at all, just rest. The following day you do somenthing like heavy duty and eats carbs just after, the next day you do a carb load (a lot of carbs in form of glucose, like starches, and a very little amount of fats). In the first carb-load day you dont try either. The next day you performa a strong man training, with heavy weights, so heavy you cant do more than six repetition. In the final day you start over the low carb diet and so on.

Salute!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Two things

1. Keto is not the only way to loose weight. At 20% BF I would go with just a lower carb approach

2. Working out does not increase the rate of fat loss. You work out while in a caloric deficit to maintain lbm.

Now if you insist on going keto I would cut your protein intake down some. Limit intake to around less than 25%

Best of luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
I train while doing keto. Weight training is one of the best ways to increase caloric output and boost your metabolism. I like dave palumbos keto diet and had good results with it. Heres What I did.

Supplements:
-Multi mineral complex high in Vit D
ESSENTIAL Good Fats:
-Omega-3 Fish Oil pills 1000mg 3x per day
-Evening Primrose Oil (Omega-6) 1300mg 2x per day
Macadamia Nut oil (Omega-9 monosaturates) 2-3 ablespoons per day

I ran high doses of M1d while doing keto to keep test high and prevent any muscle loss. (M1d has a prohormone to testosterone in it)
Ran an AI (formadrol) to help keep estrogen to andro ratio in check
I still did a Whey Isolate shake w/ creatine mono post work out
and I did two sugar free metamucil shakes a day to keep everything moving! I Believe high fiber diet helps your body burn fat better!

Diet: (for 250lb man)
Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter (PWO)
Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
Meal 6 6 whole eggs

HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the day so you dont cheat again.

CArdio should be very low intensity. Try to keep heart rate around 120 bpm

vassille

Awards
Two things

1. Keto is not the only way to loose weight. At 20% BF I would go with just a lower carb approach

2. Working out does not increase the rate of fat loss. You work out while in a caloric deficit to maintain lbm.

Now if you insist on going keto I would cut your protein intake down some. Limit intake to around less than 25%
Best of luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
what he said, increase fat if you need calories. Protein in excess on ketosis will trigger glucogenesis in absence of adequate fat intake.