I'm new to cutting, what are the proper steps?

anteis99

Awards
I'm going to enter my first physique contest in May. At the moment I'm trying to bulk to 210lbs by Feb. I'm currently at 200lbs 6' and give or take at 17% body fat. I'm trying to be around 187lbs-190lbs with a body fat of around 7-8%. I'm very new to proper cutting phase. I've made calcu and ill be eating 2100 cal 210g's pro, 155g's carbs and 70g's of fats come Feb. My concern is when to start dropping my calories and carbs. What do you guys recommend as a go to guide for competition prep, I'm going at it alone with no coach.

uvawahoowa

Awards
I'm going to enter my first physique contest in May. At the moment I'm trying to bulk to 210lbs by Feb. I'm currently at 200lbs 6' and give or take at 17% body fat. I'm trying to be around 187lbs-190lbs with a body fat of around 7-8%. I'm very new to proper cutting phase. I've made calcu and ill be eating 2100 cal 210g's pro, 155g's carbs and 70g's of fats come Feb. My concern is when to start dropping my calories and carbs. What do you guys recommend as a go to guide for competition prep, I'm going at it alone with no coach.
I would give yourself at least 16, but preferably 20 weeks for your first cut. You don't want to go straight from a bulk to a cut. Cut calories gradually, 250-500 cals per week at most so you don't shock your body too much.

Definitely get a coach for your first time, posing and routines go much better with someone that knows what they are doing. Also they should be able to help you with training and bringing up lagging body parts.