Back on track

BBR

BBR

Awards
Hey guys, I haven't posted for years so this is a return for me. To make a long story short, I was always morbidly obese. I was 5'10" and 141kg. I had a 'heart scare' and decided to get into fitness. Through using this forum, learning, reading, hard work and tears I got down to 76kg in the space of 14 months. Admittedly, I became quite obsessive about the whole thing. I was on extremely low carbs (not keto, but very low) and only 1300 calories a day, whilst I was burning more than a thousand exercising. I hit 76kg and it was too skinny for me. I then decided to try and pack on some muscle. After 6 months of raising my calories a little and doing an Epistane cycle, I was up to 84kg and 8%BF. I was super pleased with my physique. It seriously changed my life. It was the happiest I'd ever been.
Unforunately, through a series of crappy life events (severe car accident and back injury, diagnosis of a mental illness that requires I take a drug called Seroquel that makes weight gain super easy for an endo like me) I'm back up to the 124kg mark. I cannot begin to explain just how disappointed I am in myself. Every time I look in the mirror it makes me sick.
For the last few weeks I've been trying to lose weight. I'm back in the gym and trying to eat less. I'm doing an hour of cardio about 5 times a week, maintaining a heart rate of about 135-140 and doing weights aswell. My diet is as follows:
Breakfast: 3 Eggs, 2slc wholemeal toast, 1tsp of plant sterol spread, a little bit of BBQ sauce
Snack: Low carb protein shake and half a punnet of strawberries
Lunch: 1/4 Roast Chicken (breast quarter with skin removed) with vegetables or salad
Snack: low carb protein bar
Then I train
Post W/O: Protein Shake
Dinner: Celebrity Slim low-carb meal replacement shake.
What do you guys think? I know that's pretty low cal but my body seriously doesn't drop weight unless I really really cut the calories and train. Losing weight is a hard task for me.
Any input would be appreciated. I'm not quite sure where to start. I guess stop beating myself up and get into it it probably a good idea.

G

gokix811

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's your calorie intake like? Still 1300? I'm trying to lose weight as well and I am eating at around 1500, so your number is quite low. Try not to beat yourself up too much...life gets in the way sometimes but you have made the decision to start again and that says a lot. Keep moving forward and don't give up. I look forward to following your journey here. A.M. has been a great source of support and I'm sure others more experienced will chime in. :)