Specific diet for blood type???

Hellhound

Awards
This is news to me, but apparently there are specific diets that are structured around one's blood type. If anyone has any information on this, please post it.
A girl that trains at the same gym I do mentioned she was starting this diet. I have seen her diet down for several shows in the past, but this time she is far leaner and has maintained much more muscle size. The kicker is, she has only been dieting for four weeks so far! I've got to try this..

ZackMurphy

Awards
This is news to me, but apparently there are specific diets that are structured around one's blood type. If anyone has any information on this, please post it.
A girl that trains at the same gym I do mentioned she was starting this diet. I have seen her diet down for several shows in the past, but this time she is far leaner and has maintained much more muscle size. The kicker is, she has only been dieting for four weeks so far! I've got to try this..
They're BS, long story short. The science behind the "Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type" books is shaky at best, and anecdotal evidence is very mixed.

As with any diet, though, even the ones that are complete bullshit DO WORK in that they get people to think about what they're eating. So if a very obese man tells me that's the diet he's chosen, I say good choice, and go man go.

But if you're serious about your nutrition and want to be in A+ shape, the blood type stuff is not viable.