How can I lose fat in my lower abs?

connor_mc

Awards
my upper abs are toned and defined but I still have some fat in my lower what are some ways to get rid of it?

bboyflash

Awards
Loose more. Fat, you cant spot reduce, your body takes fat. From where it wants and its on of the last places to leave...

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
Your overall bodyfat needs to be lowered. Despite loosing as much as you already have you will have to loose more. You could try one of the topical fat burners but generally they work well as a finishing touch. If that is all you need then go for it. If you have been dieting for a long time switch gears for a bit a week or two and eat more. Giving your body a little break from dieting will help once you return to a fatloss focused program.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Continue with slow weightloss while training smart to maintain muscle and adding an anti-cortisol sometimes helps with that stubborn lower ab/hip fat.

newbreed

Awards
Keep your diet clean and be sure to include cardio. Try doing some lower ab exercises weighted too. The issue could possibly be loose skin which unfortunately TIME is the only answer. You could try collagen too.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
my upper abs are toned and defined but I still have some fat in my lower what are some ways to get rid of it?
That place along with the obliques is the last place to go when I'm a pre contest diet. This is usually when I use a topical fat burner along with a cortisol inhibitor. I like to use erase for that.

blueice

Awards
Keep your diet clean and be sure to include cardio. Try doing some lower ab exercises weighted too. The issue could possibly be loose skin which unfortunately TIME is the only answer. You could try collagen too.
I agree. Diet is the key here and a combination of proper exercise for lower abs like straight leg raise, pulling your legs together up then slowly lower it BUT remain still by not touching the floor before you perform another repetition. It's one of the most effective lower abs workout.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Diet - Get it down
Train - Get training down
Cardio - Do cardio
Diet - Make sure it's good.

LOL - seriously, diet, training, and cardio. They say you can't spot reduce, but I do believe training an area can help in making it more defined, however, the ab and thigh shot is one of my best b/c my abs are always razor sharp and I barely, if ever train abs anymore, but I used to train them hard and smart. Focus your ab training on reverse crunch movements (hanging leg raise/knee raise, lying leg raise, reverse crunches, etc...) the key is to use your rectus abdominus by bringing y our hips closer to your rib cage. Just raising your legs is working your hip flexors, not your lower abs.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Diet is the key here and a combination of proper exercise for lower abs like straight leg raise, pulling your legs together up then slowly lower it BUT remain still by not touching the floor before you perform another repetition. It's one of the most effective lower abs workout.
There's a topic in which Zir Red commented on this, and that kind of exercise seemingly only works the hip flexors, not actually the lower abs from my understanding.

JayD831

JayD831

Awards
Diet - Get it down
Train - Get training down
Cardio - Do cardio
Diet - Make sure it's good.

LOL - seriously, diet, training, and cardio. They say you can't spot reduce, but I do believe training an area can help in making it more defined, however, the ab and thigh shot is one of my best b/c my abs are always razor sharp and I barely, if ever train abs anymore, but I used to train them hard and smart. Focus your ab training on reverse crunch movements (hanging leg raise/knee raise, lying leg raise, reverse crunches, etc...) the key is to use your rectus abdominus by bringing y our hips closer to your rib cage. Just raising your legs is working your hip flexors, not your lower abs.
Hey I'm new to this and I need help loosing belly fat also so my abs can show more..but at the same time i don't want to lose muscle ..should I just keep doin crunches etc..?

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
Hey I'm new to this and I need help loosing belly fat also so my abs can show more..but at the same time i don't want to lose muscle ..should I just keep doin crunches etc..?

If that is you in your picture I would recommend focusing on gaining muscle and stop worrying about your abs so much, they are not the end all be all.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
If that is you in your picture I would recommend focusing on gaining muscle and stop worrying about your abs so much, they are not the end all be all.
THIS!

Slowly ramp up your calories weekly or every other week. You are pretty lean. By building muscle your definition is going to increase.

j843

Awards
for me the only thing i can do to get rid of lower belly fat is with yohimbine, clen, t3, ec on and off and intermediate fasting with a 4 hour eating window with no carbs. tried literally everything from carb cycling, low carb, moderate carb, keto etc. IF+keto with a decent amount of fat loss agents did the trick for me...

Reynold

Awards
Hi all,This is too difficult to get lower abs and i am sure running and swimming is much better for lower abs and get healthy body figure.Everyone want to show her 6 pack abs.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned, stay dedicated and you'll eventually get there.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This.

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Crunches are a very poor weight loss tool, considering the low intensity even with a million reps. Just do more HIIT

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Diet and genetics. I need to be around 10% or less to have the lower ab pouch completely gone. We all Hold fat differently.

JayD831

JayD831

Awards
Diet and genetics. I need to be around 10% or less to have the lower ab pouch completely gone. We all Hold fat differently.
Yes exactly ! I need to get rid of the bottom part I still have alot of loose fat although my abs do show ..and for gaining muscle I'm doin that also maybe I could use some advice I still weight the same 130lbs and sometimes I even lose a pound or two but then gain it ..help? Thanks ^_^

JayD831

JayD831

Awards
Crunches are a very poor weight loss tool, considering the low intensity even with a million reps. Just do more HIIT
I will try doin more hiit but whats some good workouts you reccomend?

JayD831

JayD831

Awards
Yes true lol I need to gain more muscle I do weights m,w,f (chest,arms,shoulders,)Tuesday Thursday an Saturday being cardio /back legs etc..I still weight the same 130lbs ..I feel an look stronger but why don't I gain weight? Thanks an srry if I dnt respond in time it never told me

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
In order to gain weight you need to eat more.