Questions about T3

flarestar

Awards
I have hypothyroidism and take synthroid 75mg (t4) and my doctor will not even look into my t3 levels. I know taking T3 is risky but what if you already have thyroid issues would it be worth a try? I still have love handles and fat in my lower abdomen area that i can NEVER get rid of no matter how hard i try. I am also borderline diabetic so all these factors don't help but I know there is a way to help me get to where i want to be.

Currently I am taking Formasurge, Need 2 Slin (1 cap 20-30 prior to larger meals 2x a day) and Forged Burner.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
wow...sounds like me. Hopefully some people will chime in with some good info

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
wow...sounds like me. Hopefully some people will chime in with some good info
Just throwing this out there, but be careful w/ jumping to the "there must be something wrong with my hormones" card. Messing around with your thyroid hormones is nothing for an amateur to play around with. Unless you are MEDICALLY diagnosed w/ hypo, stay away from the T3 and focus on getting your cardio and diet in check.

"When you hear hoof beats, think horses. . .not zebras"
Maybe you just need to burn more & consume less

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
My t4 is .9 and the bottom of the range is .8
Tsh 1.55
T3 3.0

flarestar

Awards
i do have hypothyroidism but my doctor won't even bother looking at t3 and despite all my efforts i can't lose the love handles and spare tire. It has been improving greatly but If i can supplement t3 and lose this fat it would be a god send. I have worked so hard over the past 14 months and I feel that I should look much better shirtless now. I do cardio 4x a week after every workout

what t3 supplement would you suggest? i plan on researching it but there is a lot of supps out there

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Well everything I've read said that supplanting with t3 does not have permanent effects on the thyroid. That said, mine should arrive tomorrow and I will start it Wednesday (with clen)

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Well everything I've read said that supplanting with t3 does not have permanent effects on the thyroid. That said, mine should arrive tomorrow and I will start it Wednesday (with clen)
Ironic Freudian slip here. "Supplanting" = to replace. Thinking that introducing exogenous T3 into your body somehow will not affect your thyroid ignores basic biological processes (homeostasis) and is just plain naive.
I wish you the best of luck.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Ironic Freudian slip here. "Supplanting" = to replace. Thinking that introducing exogenous T3 into your body somehow will not affect your thyroid ignores basic biological processes (homeostasis) and is just plain naive.
I wish you the best of luck.
well supplanting was an auto correct for supplementing
And I didn't say it wouldn't have effects on the thyroid. I said short term use will not yield permanent change in thyroid output. But thanks for the well wishes. I need some. Calling me naive is not necessary in this case.
But if you look like your picture, and looking at your stats, I'm wondering why someone who is 6'3 and 180 is in the weight loss forums in the first place.

flarestar

Awards
hey what brand/product did you purchase? I was thinking of getting Raw Thyroid but I have no clue on what to get

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
Is it true that after stopping T3 your thyroid slows down for about two weeks but then goes back to normal, or am I off base?

Last edited:
scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
And I didn't say it wouldn't have effects on the thyroid. I said short term use will not yield permanent change in thyroid output. But thanks for the well wishes. I need some. Calling me naive is not necessary in this case.
But if you look like your picture, and looking at your stats, I'm wondering why someone who is 6'3 and 180 is in the weight loss forums in the first place.
Ad hominem attacks are hardly called for. Ever consider that I may have figured out how to stay lean and active? Not interested in losing weight, just in helping others avoid f'ing up their bodies.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
And while I would actually like to put on a bit more size, I am perfectly happy being an elite level half marathon runner and a top level ultra distance runner

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
And while I would actually like to put on a bit more size, I am perfectly happy being an elite level half marathon runner and a top level ultra distance runner
But you surely must understand your solution is the antithesis of your goal

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
But you surely must understand your solution is the antithesis of your goal
I think that you need to re-read my post, especially the "perfectly happy" part. I wish you would heed my caution concerning f'ing with your hormones, but if it makes you better to hate on me b/c I have different fitness goals, go ahead.

flarestar

Awards
sooo.. any recommended brand of t3 or is raw thyroid the way to go? note i am on 75mg of synthroid (t4)

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
flarestar We are not allowed to source it is against the rules of this forum. According to many T4 is more dangerous than T3. T3 can eat your muscle very quickly. Please do not mess with T3&T4 if you are new to this. IMO at the weight and height of both of you, T3 or T4 is not recommended, and suggest alternative methods. HIIT, diet, ECA and Ostarine would be a better alternative.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I've considered ostarine as well but never pulled the trigger

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
I love Ostarine, besides helping BF, also helped heal my partially torn rotator cuff.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I love Ostarine, besides helping BF, also helped heal my partially torn rotator cuff.
ordered. I wonder if it will arrive before the t3 I ordered last week... wtf

I guess I will not use the T3. I wonder what I should do with it

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
i do have hypothyroidism but my doctor won't even bother looking at t3 and despite all my efforts i can't lose the love handles and spare tire. It has been improving greatly but If i can supplement t3 and lose this fat it would be a god send. I have worked so hard over the past 14 months and I feel that I should look much better shirtless now. I do cardio 4x a week after every workout

what t3 supplement would you suggest? i plan on researching it but there is a lot of supps out there
Soooo,,,WHO diagnosed you (besides yourself) with HYPOTHYROIDISM? An ENDOCRINOLOGIST?

Someone with REAL hypothyroidism will have a bit more than just some cosmetic pounds to lose (love handles/spare tire).
Have you considered you could be insulin resistant or have other issues going on that don't regard your thyroid? Are you suffering from the tale tale symptoms of hypothyroidism? Fooling around with T3 dosing because you simply want to lose a few pounds isn't a smart way to go about things. Sure you will lose weight...But T3 metabolizes fat,glucose, AND MUSCLE! If supplemented incorrectly, you can be left with a flabby frame and irreversible damage to your thyroid! Long term unguided usage of T3 DOES have LONG TERM effects on the thyroid! You also mentioned you were on SYNTHROID...this is a medication that is indefinitely prescribed...patients are on it for the rest of their life usually! And the fact that you are on T4 tells me your doctor HAS already checked your T3 deary:-/ He wouldn't have put you on the synthroid without doing so. T4 will help your body turn over enzymes to T3 encouraging you to produce your own at a balanced level. Supplementing T3 without a doctors supervision can increase your T3 output to severely high numbers and you will experience unfavorable symptoms at that point...insomnia,fast resting heart rate, insatiable hunger, mood swings....

And as for the marathoner being in the "weightloss" section, perhaps he got in his lean shape by RUNNING in the first place! And it helped him with his initial WEIGHTLOSS goals!!! MANY individuals who are misdiagnosed with hypothyroidism, notice a significant change in their metabolism once taking up a sport like running! Go figure! Marathoners train extensively and drop insane amounts of fat, and unfortunately muscle too, but it's because of the demands of the sport. Leaner, lighter, faster! I've had clients that start running or training for 10K's and Half Marathon's just to reap the wieghtloss benefits!

flarestar

Awards
Soooo,,,WHO diagnosed you (besides yourself) with HYPOTHYROIDISM? An ENDOCRINOLOGIST?

Someone with REAL hypothyroidism will have a bit more than just some cosmetic pounds to lose (love handles/spare tire).
Have you considered you could be insulin resistant or have other issues going on that don't regard your thyroid? Are you suffering from the tale tale symptoms of hypothyroidism? Fooling around with T3 dosing because you simply want to lose a few pounds isn't a smart way to go about things. Sure you will lose weight...But T3 metabolizes fat,glucose, AND MUSCLE! If supplemented incorrectly, you can be left with a flabby frame and irreversible damage to your thyroid! Long term unguided usage of T3 DOES have LONG TERM effects on the thyroid! You also mentioned you were on SYNTHROID...this is a medication that is indefinitely prescribed...patients are on it for the rest of their life usually! And the fact that you are on T4 tells me your doctor HAS already checked your T3 deary:-/ He wouldn't have put you on the synthroid without doing so. T4 will help your body turn over enzymes to T3 encouraging you to produce your own at a balanced level. Supplementing T3 without a doctors supervision can increase your T3 output to severely high numbers and you will experience unfavorable symptoms at that point...insomnia,fast resting heart rate, insatiable hunger, mood swings....
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism by an endocrinologist and have been taking t4 (75mg) since April and will have to continue doing so probably for the rest of my life.

I think you may be correct about me being insulin resistant having to do with my sparetire/lovehandles. He did say i was borderline diabetic. Is there anything i can do to counter this as far as lifestyle / diet / exercise changes? Since being told i was borderline diabetic I've changed my diet drastically given up on soft drinks and fast food save for the occasional weekend cheat meals. I work out 4 days a week and do weight training followed by 1.5-2 miles of running either on a treadmill or outdoors (depending on the weather). I am taking need2slin which seems to have helped me some and i've also been using formasurge and I have noticed some changes. I'm 14.7% bf and want to get down to the 10-12% range.

flarestar

Awards
yeah i need to learn how to cut down on the carbs. but is there anything else anyone can suggest? i'm guessing the t3 is out of the question even though i actually have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
75mcg of T4 is candy.
I eat that much every morning with my GH.

Run some T3. Especially if you have an actual problem.
I run it 4 weeks on 1 off at a cruise of 50mcg while on cycle and my levels are fine.