What's your best way to lose weight?

Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

I have low T, high E, high cortisol, low TSH, and was in the 15th percentile of bodyweight throughout my entire childhood. What genetics?
    Coop, was your secret kids cereal vs. teenage cereal?

I will agree that portion control is a huge factor. What is your premies on my ability to eat 3,200 calories/day on a keto diet and maintaining lower bodyfat than a 3,000 calories diet with incorporated carbs?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Wait....so your telling me you ate children's cereal at night and that caused you to get down to 7% b/fat?? Come on mr c
    It didn't cause my weight loss. There are some serious misinterpretations of the points I'm trying to get across.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Again.....I'm already bored......what did you say earlier? Science- schmience!

What's your REAL WORLD experience??
    And with that I am done
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

4. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

I will agree that portion control is a huge factor. What is your premies on my ability to eat 3,200 calories/day on a keto diet and maintaining lower bodyfat than a 3,000 calories diet with incorporated carbs?
    There have been several research reviews showing no benefit to keto on isocaloric diets. Keto will reduce BW and increase the impression of weight loss due to its effects on water, and it may make dieting more manageable by eliminating cravings, but the data repeatedly shows no direct body composition benefits

5. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

because you are using the fallacy of calories in vs calories out as the sole basis of weight loss
    PESCIENCE.COM

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

There have been several research reviews showing no benefit to keto on isocaloric diets. Keto will reduce BW and increase the impression of weight loss due to its effects on water, and it may make dieting more manageable by eliminating cravings, but the data repeatedly shows no direct body composition benefits
    With that said I calorie and carb/fat cycle and use if.

Best way. A little of ever diet in there lol

7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

No doubt the keto diet offers a lot less water & bloating which can often lead to a leaner "look" I'm going on 5 point skin folds that show a credible difference. I also know that increased water can cause for added mm to folds, especially in your mid-section. However, not enough to shake a stick at if you're returning to a "normal" state.

Guess I'm an anomaly, my mom always said I was special....

8. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    What I stated happens to also work for me. I got to 7% BF eating a 300g carbohydrate meal of kids cereal and sugar prior to bed almost nightly.
    I am going to be in your area tues and thurs for the next couple months. What say you we have some of this magical sugar cereal for lunch sometime
    PESCIENCE.COM

9. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

because you are using the fallacy of calories in vs calories out as the sole basis of weight loss
    Yeah you're right, ive never use skin folds & tape measurements in any of my personal progress. Same goes for weights in sets and pictures. I only step on the scale Saturday mornings to track progress.....

Not my first rodeo cowboy

Cris Carter "C'mon man"

10. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I am going to be in your area tues and thurs for the next couple months. What say you we have some of this magical sugar cereal for lunch sometime
    I just left for break but you know I'm down on either day. And perhaps a lifting session as well?

11. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I just left for break but you know I'm down on either day. And perhaps a lifting session as well?
    I wont be around there till towards the end of January and will be there for umm I dunno say the next 5 years! (FML) You belong to a local gym there? If they have some sort of day pass deal then I am down (I can also check with our facilities we have and see how they feel about visitors) but man I was really looking forward to some lucky charms
    PESCIENCE.COM

12. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

I wont be around there till towards the end of January and will be there for umm I dunno say the next 5 years! (FML) You belong to a local gym there? If they have some sort of day pass deal then I am down (I can also check with our facilities we have and see how they feel about visitors) but man I was really looking forward to some lucky charms
    Josh no invite. Gotta say I'm kinda hurt lol. I should have my new whip. Will want to it some miles on that badboy

13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    What I stated happens to also work for me. I got to 7% BF eating a 300g carbohydrate meal of kids cereal and sugar prior to bed almost nightly.
    A bunch of carbs before bed is crazy talk. All that will do is make you fat. Dont you know your metabolism completely shuts down at night instantly making you fat.

*Continues to eat frosted flakes with a sliced banana and milk. Getting ready for my apple turnover covered in vanilla ice cream. Oh how I wish I knew about this sooner*

14. To be technical Leptin peaks at night and optimal fat burning occurs a few hours after sleep

Peak Leptin even higher with that high can meal and train fasted in the morning your metabolism will be high.

Carb back loading

But metabolism doesn't completely shut down.

15. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    To be technical Leptin peaks at night and optimal fat burning occurs a few hours after sleep

Peak Leptin even higher with that high can meal and train fasted in the morning your metabolism will be high.

Carb back loading

But metabolism doesn't completely shut down.
    I know it was my attempt at humor. Carb back loading has been great to me. A much better way to live.

16. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

Josh no invite. Gotta say I'm kinda hurt lol. I should have my new whip. Will want to it some miles on that badboy
    lol, umm Oops.. I wasn't sure how coop felt about threesomes and clown tattoos.
    PESCIENCE.COM

17. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

I know it was my attempt at humor. Carb back loading has been great to me. A much better way to live.
    I LOL'd
    PESCIENCE.COM

18. What's the matter kid? Don't ya like clowns?

No?

Why? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we ****in' funny? You best come up with an answer, cos I'm gonna come back here and check on you and your momma and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, I'm gonna kill your whole ****ing family.

Sorry had to do it

19. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Yep, the 12th street gym is well-known among BBers. It's your typical gym where professionals and addicts training, and slamming weights is acceptable. 3 day pass

20. Quote Originally Posted by usealittle View Post
    Dude you want quick fast weight loss... DNP is the fastest way to blow fat off your body!
    Haha true, it brings back memories...like waking around in shorts and t-shirt in the middle of the winter

21. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Yes, I understand that Jiigzz, thank you.

Here's the thing though (not directed at you) I have gone from being very overweight to 4 weeks out from competing, never once counting my calories/macros or any of that other stuff and did just fine. I ate clean, left carbs out at night, and worked my ass off in the gym. If I'm going to diet then I'm certainly not going to sit around eating burgers and fries because it's in my macros. I would look like crap and feel like crap.

Telling someone that wants to lose weight that it doesn't matter if they go to the gym or eat clean is ridiculous. Seems like a lot of ppl like to give advice that sounds like they are copying and pasting from text book's instead of using real life situation's. Everything does not work the same for everyone. If I did not utilize cardio and weight's, and ate whatever I wanted (as long as it's in my macros) then I would not look the way I do, and that's just a fact. I was under the impression that this is a BB'ing website, maybe I was wrong.....

Never said you could
    I know. I was responding to your post? Maybe I misunderstood your tone for genuine confusion.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Never said that either. Like I said my way is not the right way for everyone, but why don't more ppl on here talk about what works FOR THEM in real life instead of - i read this study.....i read that study......easy way out.... there seems to be a lot of that going on....oh well....like i said whatever works
    Yes.

Science is great. Peer reviewed studies are fantastic. That said, it's easy to get caught up in dogmatic bull****. The scientific community doesn't exactly gear studies and resources to bodybuilding. Most studies demonstrating upper limits of protein intake for example don't take in to account the amount of muscle damage an intense bodybuilding training session will cause, and ignore completely the benefits of high protein intake outside of protein synthesis. Nor do most studies isolate for the hormonal response bodybuilding triggers and the effects of that on any other aspect of our diets. Our bodies are not the same as the average person, or even the average "regular exerciser" and this is a huge limiting factor IMO.

Lab results don't always carry over to real life application and people tend to forget that, especially when there are variables to consider outside the study controls.

And yeah, there are studies to show eating hamburgers and fries, even within a macro limit, will cause a negative response on physique. They won't be titled "Effect of Hamburgers on Physique" though. You will have to find studies on simple carbs (bun), saturated fats (meat), and how vitamins and minerals effect metabolism, nutrient absorption and use et cetera, then deduce the lack of vitamins and minerals in the typical cheeseburger is a negative thing for a physique goal, especially when a nutrient dense, low in saturated fat meal with complex carbs (the effects of which are also researchable) could be eaten instead.

Empirical evidence has its legitimate place, and bodybuilding is essentially it's own petri-dish. Optimal? Not necessarily. Have people built huge and impressive physiques using techniques that aren't explicitly inferred from a lab test? Yes. Time and time and time and time again.

If eating like **** worked, people would be scarfing ice cream and cheeseburgers all day.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best way to lose weight
    By Gilroye in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
  3. Best Way To Lose Weight
    By lamuscle in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 01:43 AM