What's your best way to lose weight?

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    To be technical Leptin peaks at night and optimal fat burning occurs a few hours after sleep

Peak Leptin even higher with that high can meal and train fasted in the morning your metabolism will be high.

Carb back loading

But metabolism doesn't completely shut down.
    I know it was my attempt at humor. Carb back loading has been great to me. A much better way to live.

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

Josh no invite. Gotta say I'm kinda hurt lol. I should have my new whip. Will want to it some miles on that badboy
    lol, umm Oops.. I wasn't sure how coop felt about threesomes and clown tattoos.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

I know it was my attempt at humor. Carb back loading has been great to me. A much better way to live.
    I LOL'd
    •   

4. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

What's the matter kid? Don't ya like clowns?

No?

Why? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we ****in' funny? You best come up with an answer, cos I'm gonna come back here and check on you and your momma and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, I'm gonna kill your whole ****ing family.

Sorry had to do it
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I wont be around there till towards the end of January and will be there for umm I dunno say the next 5 years! (FML) You belong to a local gym there? If they have some sort of day pass deal then I am down (I can also check with our facilities we have and see how they feel about visitors) but man I was really looking forward to some lucky charms
    Yep, the 12th street gym is well-known among BBers. It's your typical gym where professionals and addicts training, and slamming weights is acceptable. 3 day pass
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by usealittle View Post
    Dude you want quick fast weight loss... DNP is the fastest way to blow fat off your body!
    Haha true, it brings back memories...like waking around in shorts and t-shirt in the middle of the winter
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Ketoo..
  8. Registered User

What do you guys make of this.....

http://www.ergo-log.com/combination-...ight-loss.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Yes, I understand that Jiigzz, thank you.

Here's the thing though (not directed at you) I have gone from being very overweight to 4 weeks out from competing, never once counting my calories/macros or any of that other stuff and did just fine. I ate clean, left carbs out at night, and worked my ass off in the gym. If I'm going to diet then I'm certainly not going to sit around eating burgers and fries because it's in my macros. I would look like crap and feel like crap.

Telling someone that wants to lose weight that it doesn't matter if they go to the gym or eat clean is ridiculous. Seems like a lot of ppl like to give advice that sounds like they are copying and pasting from text book's instead of using real life situation's. Everything does not work the same for everyone. If I did not utilize cardio and weight's, and ate whatever I wanted (as long as it's in my macros) then I would not look the way I do, and that's just a fact. I was under the impression that this is a BB'ing website, maybe I was wrong.....

Never said you could
    I know. I was responding to your post? Maybe I misunderstood your tone for genuine confusion.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Never said that either. Like I said my way is not the right way for everyone, but why don't more ppl on here talk about what works FOR THEM in real life instead of - i read this study.....i read that study......easy way out.... there seems to be a lot of that going on....oh well....like i said whatever works
    Yes.

Science is great. Peer reviewed studies are fantastic. That said, it's easy to get caught up in dogmatic bull****. The scientific community doesn't exactly gear studies and resources to bodybuilding. Most studies demonstrating upper limits of protein intake for example don't take in to account the amount of muscle damage an intense bodybuilding training session will cause, and ignore completely the benefits of high protein intake outside of protein synthesis. Nor do most studies isolate for the hormonal response bodybuilding triggers and the effects of that on any other aspect of our diets. Our bodies are not the same as the average person, or even the average "regular exerciser" and this is a huge limiting factor IMO.

Lab results don't always carry over to real life application and people tend to forget that, especially when there are variables to consider outside the study controls.

And yeah, there are studies to show eating hamburgers and fries, even within a macro limit, will cause a negative response on physique. They won't be titled "Effect of Hamburgers on Physique" though. You will have to find studies on simple carbs (bun), saturated fats (meat), and how vitamins and minerals effect metabolism, nutrient absorption and use et cetera, then deduce the lack of vitamins and minerals in the typical cheeseburger is a negative thing for a physique goal, especially when a nutrient dense, low in saturated fat meal with complex carbs (the effects of which are also researchable) could be eaten instead.

Empirical evidence has its legitimate place, and bodybuilding is essentially it's own petri-dish. Optimal? Not necessarily. Have people built huge and impressive physiques using techniques that aren't explicitly inferred from a lab test? Yes. Time and time and time and time again.

If eating like **** worked, people would be scarfing ice cream and cheeseburgers all day.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I know. I was responding to your post? Maybe I misunderstood your tone for genuine confusion.
    My confusion was more like sarcasm, you were correct the first time. My apologies.... I understand your tone now, and I obviously got caught up in the "moment" Sorry about that....

By the way....I'm from Plano!!

Science is great. Peer reviewed studies are fantastic. That said, it's easy to get caught up in dogmatic bull****. The scientific community doesn't exactly gear studies and resources to bodybuilding. Most studies demonstrating upper limits of protein intake for example don't take in to account the amount of muscle damage an intense bodybuilding training session will cause, and ignore completely the benefits of high protein intake outside of protein synthesis. Nor do most studies isolate for the hormonal response bodybuilding triggers and the effects of that on any other aspect of our diets. Our bodies are not the same as the average person, or even the average "regular exerciser" and this is a huge limiting factor IMO.

Lab results don't always carry over to real life application and people tend to forget that, especially when there are variables to consider outside the study controls.

And yeah, there are studies to show eating hamburgers and fries, even within a macro limit, will cause a negative response on physique. They won't be titled "Effect of Hamburgers on Physique" though. You will have to find studies on simple carbs (bun), saturated fats (meat), and how vitamins and minerals effect metabolism, nutrient absorption and use et cetera, then deduce the lack of vitamins and minerals in the typical cheeseburger is a negative thing for a physique goal, especially when a nutrient dense, low in saturated fat meal with complex carbs (the effects of which are also researchable) could be eaten instead.

Empirical evidence has its legitimate place, and bodybuilding is essentially it's own petri-dish. Optimal? Not necessarily. Have people built huge and impressive physiques using techniques that aren't explicitly inferred from a lab test? Yes. Time and time and time and time again.

If eating like **** worked, people would be scarfing ice cream and cheeseburgers all day.

Great post TG!! I think there are many way's to achieve similar fitness goals, but obviously as individual's we must decide what works for best for OUR OWN bodies. I think member's can learn from each other through both scientific and real life experience with out all the preaching. Maybe that's what I was trying to get across, but probably didn't do a great job at.....
    Check out my new log - TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK w/ Lecheek's Ripped Cocktail!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/236927-time-get-back.html
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

My confusion was more like sarcasm, you were correct the first time. My apologies.... I understand your tone now, and I obviously got caught up in the "moment" Sorry about that....

By the way....I'm from Plano!!

Great post TG!! I think there are many way's to achieve similar fitness goals, but obviously as individual's we must decide what works for best for OUR OWN bodies. I think member's can learn from each other through both scientific and real life experience with out all the preaching. Maybe that's what I was trying to get across, but probably didn't do a great job at.....
    Nice! I'm in Houston myself but half my family is up there between Plano, Allen and Richardson. Do you ever lift at Metroplex?

And yeah, different bodies respond to different stimuli.... differently. Also, various diets take advantage of various responses illicited by certain nutrients. It's interesting the top competitors utilize multiple dieting strategies during the year and through contest prep while keyboard warriors will dogmatically defent what ever they are using, at the current time, and disregard all other plans as bs for a "lack" of research. And then the next epic diet putting all the rest to shame comes along. What ever. Sounds like you've found great success in an impossible fashion, which is pretty cool! Maybe you should post in ChickDiesels accomplishment thread: "Miss Q, accomplished the impossible in 2012!"
  13. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

ugh...

Name:  Super+facepalm_db95e1_3420603.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  28.4 KB
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    ugh...

Name:  Super+facepalm_db95e1_3420603.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  28.4 KB
    Haha! So true! Personal uncontrolled experiences trump objective studies every time!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Quickly approaching the "bro-science" BB.com status in this forum... Sad.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Yeah, because acknowledging limitations is so bro science, brah.
  17. Registered User
    Board Sponsor

Okay so this is my new routine for losing weight for the new year. HIIT Workout 5 times per week
    Weight lifting 3 days per week
    Eating clean 7 days per week.
    That's my routine right now let's see how the results come!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Nice! I'm in Houston myself but half my family is up there between Plano, Allen and Richardson. Do you ever lift at Metroplex?

And yeah, different bodies respond to different stimuli.... differently. Also, various diets take advantage of various responses illicited by certain nutrients. It's interesting the top competitors utilize multiple dieting strategies during the year and through contest prep while keyboard warriors will dogmatically defent what ever they are using, at the current time, and disregard all other plans as bs for a "lack" of research. And then the next epic diet putting all the rest to shame comes along. What ever. Sounds like you've found great success in an impossible fashion, which is pretty cool! Maybe you should post in ChickDiesels accomplishment thread: "Miss Q, accomplished the impossible in 2012!"

I moved away from Plano a while back and I never got the chance to workout at Metroplex, but next time I visit it's on!!

Evidently we need to go back to BB.com where we came from. Funny thing is, I've never been a member there!!

ChickDiesels thread ??? How did I miss it?!?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/236927-time-get-back.html
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Okay so this is my new routine for losing weight for the new year. HIIT Workout 5 times per week
    Weight lifting 3 days per week
    Eating clean 7 days per week.
    That's my routine right now let's see how the results come!

I'm sure you will see fantastic result's MG. Please keep us posted!!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Yes.

And some people do. Saturated fats play an important role in testosterone production; and last time I checked, increasing natty test levels was considered a good thing. That being said; whats the difference between a 'bun' and a 'gatorade' in terms of simple sugars? Yes, the monosaccarides may differ but they are both simple carbs. And yet are not most olympic lifters (who daily consume simple carbs) amoungst some of the fittest, finest and strongest athletes the world over? Any diet can be manipulated to suit any training regime but are they all optimal? Of course not. Do they yield results? Of course they do.

And there is evidence on strength training as to their protein intakes; hence where the studies on 1.6-1.8g/kg of BW come from. And you cannot tell me that people training for strength do less work than a BBer. So there is some carry-over.

The better a study is planned, the more it replicates real life enviroment and that in which people train. Yes, some lab data is in vitro and therefore the effects may not carry over; but for the vast majority of in vivo data, the data better mimics the environment in which the study is too represent. Yes, high protein diets arnt all bad, but there is evidence the body can synthesize only a limited amount of protein per day and up and beyond this, you literally pee it out (deamination). So what are the benefits of excess protein above and beyond the daily threshold? i.e. no longer needed for amino transport or hormone transport.

In fact, if you like anecdotal evidence so much, check out Whackeds profile (member here) who CONSISTANTLY eats less than 1lb per lb of body weight yet has amazing results and has posted about it previously.

Whats to say that someone who has a cheeseburger diet but obtains all his mirconutrients from various multivitamin; his/ her fibre from fibre supplements cannot be fit, lean and healthly? Esp. If all micro levels are met?

If eating "bad" foods does not work for you then by all means, avoid them. But to state that a bad diet cannot be manipulated and geared towards optimum results is a very shortsighted response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4 : A video for you to consider. Provides interesting insight.
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

This is what irritates me. While jigz, you make outstanding points, as have others. You also approached everything in a nature manner. This isn't aimed at you at all. Please, don't take it this way.

The protocols you're suggesting are advanced, if a person is asking, like the OP was. "How to lose 10lbs" they obviously don't have the level of experience as all of you. I do not mean to offend anyone by that statement but it proves correct the vast majority on the time. People jump down each others throat for suggesting to eat clean. Gimme a break!!!!

Many times these protocols are not pointed out as exactly what they are, specific protocols. To my knowledge, no one suggested they're carb backloading, even though that's what they're eluding too. They simply make the statement of its only about calories, I eat cake, ice cream, cereal. There are many factors the posters don't point out.

Both sides may go about approaching each other in an aggressive manner but that's when both sides need to act like grown ups and not try and belittle other people (which I feel has happened in this thread)

I'm just trying to offer some suggestions. I always try to approach situations without belittling people. I would hope others would have the same respect. Everyone here is trying to learn, not argue.

End rant
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    This is what irritates me. While jigz, you make outstanding points, as have others. You also approached everything in a nature manner. This isn't aimed at you at all. Please, don't take it this way.

The protocols you're suggesting are advanced, if a person is asking, like the OP was. "How to lose 10lbs" they obviously don't have the level of experience as all of you. I do not mean to offend anyone by that statement but it proves correct the vast majority on the time. People jump down each others throat for suggesting to eat clean. Gimme a break!!!!

Many times these protocols are not pointed out as exactly what they are, specific protocols. To my knowledge, no one suggested they're carb backloading, even though that's what they're eluding too. They simply make the statement of its only about calories, I eat cake, ice cream, cereal. There are many factors the posters don't point out.

Both sides may go about approaching each other in an aggressive manner but that's when both sides need to act like grown ups and not try and belittle other people (which I feel has happened in this thread)

I'm just trying to offer some suggestions. I always try to approach situations without belittling people. I would hope others would have the same respect. Everyone here is trying to learn, not argue.

End rant
    Well said on all accounts, I guess the only thing that gets to me is when someone presents the "eat clean" or "have X amount of meals a day" as the correct way and every other way to be incorrect and flawed, as something that would never work.
  23. Registered User

The best way to lose weight and to stay fit is to do home exercises.There are many home fitness programs that are available all over the world.You can choose any one of these that suits you.
  24. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Well said on all accounts, I guess the only thing that gets to me is when someone presents the "eat clean" or "have X amount of meals a day" as the correct way and every other way to be incorrect and flawed, as something that would never work.
    And of course when people continue to propogate myths....if something has been proven to be incorrect it should be called out.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    And of course when people continue to propogate myths....if something has been proven to be incorrect it should be called out.
    Pretty much. "A meal every two hours is going to increase your metabolism, it's crazy! Don't you go more than 1:59 without eating or else you'll get fat"
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.

i eat ever two hours and im losing fat and building muscle like a beast, could be the tren though
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post

Pretty much. "A meal every two hours is going to increase your metabolism, it's crazy! Don't you go more than 1:59 without eating or else you'll get fat"
    That's how I got so fat last off-season. I was at 2:03 all day.... could have been the 2am jack in the box though...I don't know
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Edit: In response to Jiggz (wrong reply button):

Regarding the hamburger issue, DistilledWater is right on point. As I've said, one diets cornerstone is anothers tombstone, acknowledging they all work as I've blatantly stated many times across the IF discussions and others. This includes traditional bodybuilding diets of frequent, high protein meals. You can not discount entirely empirical evidence with such far reaching and consistent results even if some white coats haven't summarized them explicitly.

Do bodybuilders work harder than powerlifters? No. Are their routines designed to take advantage of the physiological effects weight training has on the body differently? Yes. Bodybuilding routines are geared to maximize muscle damage where protein is ingested for repair as opposed to largely neural adaptations, though there is crossover and more to it than simply muscle damage, of course.

And great for the guy experiencing results with small amounts of protein! I wish my grocery bill could look like his but when i consume noticeably less amounts of protein than usual, I absolutely notice slowed recovery leading to performance drawbacks. The thing about empirical evidence is that majority rules, kinda like statistics. As far as pissing it out, the greater muscle damage and hormonal response of a bodybuilding routine over study controls is a limiting factor. Until studies are done on legitimate bodybuilders comparing protein intake to results there is no "book" to throw.

I'm sure I could make gains on less, but they would definitely come slower.

My response to eating "bad" foods stands. Regarding diet in general as the topic was concerned, apples to apples, steak, a salad and sweet potatoes will win over a ground up ****ty cut of meat, simple carbs and limited micros all day. Eliminating whole, nutrient rich foods for supps largely eliminates various phytochemical benefits and synergistic reactions beneficial to the body and its silly to stand up for crappy food by suggesting supps to make it ok. As far as gatorade is concerned, the original discussion point was a general diet, not a use for gatorade during an intense physical exertion where simple sugars can be beneficial. Your premise here is apples to oranges.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

I moved away from Plano a while back and I never got the chance to workout at Metroplex, but next time I visit it's on!!

Evidently we need to go back to BB.com where we came from. Funny thing is, I've never been a member there!!

ChickDiesels thread ??? How did I miss it?!?
    Yeah, not involved over there either. I'm a little confused though, I've been saying various diets work across the boards but was put on the defensive about the most popular BB diet from the get go. Not only that but as an aside to a totally different point anyways so I don't know.
    You just may see a certain somebody lifting a
    "heavy ass weight" if you do make it by metroplex. Some other highly accomplished lifters too. It's awesome how cool they are about chatting and answering questions, including dietary preferences.

I forget where her thread is but it is about goals successfully accomplished in 2012
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

End rant
    I am Carb Back Loading and dont care about calories.

My problem with the suggestion of eating "clean" is that it is possibly the reason why people are failing on their weight loss goals. Not to mention the potential rebound effect of just restricting calories.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best way to lose weight
    By Gilroye in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 04:09 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 09:27 AM
  3. Best Way To Lose Weight
    By lamuscle in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 12:43 AM