Too mamy calories

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    I thought those were varicose veins

What do your w/outs look like??
    My main goal is to hit 1000-1300 calorie burn on my heart rate monitor.*

I do mostly cardio. I try and get 60-120 minutes of cardio a day at least 5-6 times a week. I have been lifting more, but not as much as I do cardio (classes such as body combat aka kickboxing, a LOT of spinning, the Arc trainer, running, etc...)

I do lift, as I said, and when I do I absolutely always feel sore after (I'm the person that thinks no soreness= no benefit, although multiple people have tried to drill into my head how wrong this is.) I've been trying to change it up and do higher weights, lower reps some workouts, or higher reps with a medium to low weight.

I know I need to get in and lift more weights buttttt I'm a little bit intimidated by my gym's weight section. Its all HUGE guys using machines that I don't even know what they do, and it's always so packed I feel like a freaking freshman in the Senior locker room. Now, that's not to say i don't know what I'm doing when I do get in there, it's just SO intimidating!! And so busy that I easily give up and go to my trusy spin bike and sweat like a champ.

2. Quote Originally Posted by itzbubble View Post
    Ok so yesterday I totally blew my calorie goal. By like maybe twice as much as my goal (goal 1100). Should I try and hit a 2k calorie workout today? I know I know. Brush it off and keep going. But I don't want this setback! Will going nuts at the gym today do anything to offset my setback?
    i know exactly what it feels like when you're on a strict diet and out of no where you just loose it for a day.
    especially when youve been doing perfect for a week or two. i get so upset and discouraged afterwards.

a thing that works for me on low carb is to carb up once a week, or twice.
    so if 2000kal is my daily goal once or twice a week id go up to 3,500kal with a high percentage being carbs.

ps-im on a 70% veggie 20%meat 10%etc diet but monday i had eggs/steaks/potatoes for breakfast,
    bagel w/ egg salad + chicken cutlet sub + snapple for lunch, shrimp&broccoli + shrimp fried rice afternoon snack,
    2 plain slices, 5 garlic knots, 12 buffalo wings for dinner. <-- guessing around 5k calories, also the jets and the giants were horrible.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by itzbubble View Post
    My main goal is to hit 1000-1300 calorie burn on my heart rate monitor.*

I do mostly cardio. I try and get 60-120 minutes of cardio a day at least 5-6 times a week. I have been lifting more, but not as much as I do cardio (classes such as body combat aka kickboxing, a LOT of spinning, the Arc trainer, running, etc...)

I do lift, as I said, and when I do I absolutely always feel sore after (I'm the person that thinks no soreness= no benefit, although multiple people have tried to drill into my head how wrong this is.) I've been trying to change it up and do higher weights, lower reps some workouts, or higher reps with a medium to low weight.

I know I need to get in and lift more weights buttttt I'm a little bit intimidated by my gym's weight section. Its all HUGE guys using machines that I don't even know what they do, and it's always so packed I feel like a freaking freshman in the Senior locker room. Now, that's not to say i don't know what I'm doing when I do get in there, it's just SO intimidating!! And so busy that I easily give up and go to my trusy spin bike and sweat like a champ.

I know what you mean about feeling intimated when the gym is crowded and your not use to all the weight's/machines. Maybe you could watch for other females training and eventually pal up to one, or a dude...whichever!! Several yrs ago I hired a personal trainer to show me around until I became familiar w/ all the equipment, it was $ well spent!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how many calories is too much?
    By hugry4more in forum Bulking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
  2. 5,000 calories too much?
    By Cokeboyz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 06:27 AM
  3. How Few Calories is too few?
    By skidalybop50 in forum Weight Loss