Reduced fat or reg natty PB

tommyboy

Awards
Do you guys use regular natty (smuckers brand) peanut butter or the reduced fat one? I know the fats in the PB are good for you but is it ok to stick with reg natty pb. And is natty PB still not to good because I hate wheat bread it tastes so bad plain but pop some of this on there and they taste awsome!!! Is it ok for me to eat natty PB often and how often is too bad. I make Protein bars with the natty and whey protein mix.... Will it be to much PB??? Say in all im using 3 table spoons a day.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys use regular natty (smuckers brand) peanut butter or the reduced fat one? I know the fats in the PB are good for you but is it ok to stick with reg natty pb. And is natty PB still not to good because I hate wheat bread it tastes so bad plain but pop some of this on there and they taste awsome!!! Is it ok for me to eat natty PB often and how often is too bad. I make Protein bars with the natty and whey protein mix.... Will it be to much PB??? Say in all im using 3 table spoons a day.
NATTY ALL THE WAY!! How much depends on what your dietary fat intake is. 3 tablespoons isn't too bad depending on your total fat intake.

tommyboy

Awards
I know natty but they got reduced fat natty too which one should I get the reduced fat has like 4 grams less of fat .....

NATTY ALL THE WAY!! How much depends on what your dietary fat intake is. 3 tablespoons isn't too bad depending on your total fat intake.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I know natty but they got reduced fat natty too which one should I get the reduced fat has like 4 grams less of fat .....
Four grams per serving is a negligable difrence. Go with the good stuff.

Edge

Awards
Four grams per serving is a negligable difrence. Go with the good stuff.
I would personally get the one with less fat simply because I find it super easy to get fats into my diet.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I have never seen the reduced fat natty p/b. I think I'd like to give it a try. However, I do likes me regular stuff! My wife thinks I'm crazy when she see's me eating it from the spoon. She just doesn't understand. ;)

taffer

Awards
i go natural all the way, why would i want to eat 1 gram of sugar, or 1 gram of trans fat, instead of 1gram of healthy fats
even though its only 1 gram, i dont see why people dont wanna put the best thing possible into their body at all times! also i prefer the taste of naturaly PB too :D
almond butter is awesome... but more expensive

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I posted this elsewhere but now I swear by it. Make your own power butter. Get a jar of natty, pour off the peanut oil on top, and replace it with flax oil. It actually (to me) tastes excellent, and you get all that good fat and a good excuse to lay it on thick! I'm a PB addict, among other things...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I've got a few extra jars in my pantry. I'll have to give that method a try.

TravTriggz

Awards
I USE SKIPPY CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER AND I CANT STOP O WELL

ZackMurphy

Awards
I would personally get the one with less fat simply because I find it super easy to get fats into my diet.
You may want to look at the rest of your diet if fats are that easy to get in your daily, typical meals.

Edge

Awards
You may want to look at the rest of your diet if fats are that easy to get in your daily, typical meals.
My diet is fine. When I posted this I was eating 3 servings of salmon a day plus my other 4 meals. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Bottom line, PB is way to dense in fat for me in compared to the satisfaction I get.

THe best results I got through dieting was by dropping fat dense foods like PB. Bobo is right when he says fats convert easier than carbs.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Natural Only here....

I love PB...I have a serious problem.....gotta limit myself

no regrets

Awards
I'm not positive but I believe the reduced fat has more carbs than the regular? Can someone verify this please.

xxghostxx

xxghostxx

Awards
I'm not positive but I believe the reduced fat has more carbs than the regular? Can someone verify this please.
Maltodextrin replaces the fat content in the reduced fat pb,so yes it is higher in carbs. And sorry but nothing about reducing fat in peanuts can still claim to be natural in my opinion.

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I go through 1/3 of a jar of natty a day and I am looking into a support group as we speak.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
peanut butter anonymous

Rebel, you are the man! 1/3 jar/day is awesome! I live for PB and I can't touch that! If you do go with that volume, you should try the homemade power butter recipe I mentioned earlier in this thread. You'll get max value of good fat and a great excuse to inhale peanut butter.

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I might have to look into that milwood. I just toss it into shakes like its going outa buisness and when i make my protein bars it gets ugly because those are a full jar and i can easily knock off a batch in a day or 2

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is NATTY PB not splitting hairs? I mean cmon. If you're diet is good, the little bit of sugar and trans fat you get from regular peanut butter is not going to make any difference. It doesn't for me.

I use (the hell out of) Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter. It actually a little less fat and calories than other regular PB.

This stuff IS my cheat meal. YUM.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm tellin ya. Make your own. It's cheaper too.

My new favorite. Simple and tastes good. Natural PB.

2 cups Peanuts
5 tbs olive oil
3 tbs honey
Blend in food processor until creamy and refrigerate.

Play with the amount of oil and/or peanuts to change the consistancy to your liking. If you want you can always add soynuts, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, or any other type of nut. If you haven't already tried this I suggest you do. It's cheap and it's actually the best PB I've ever had.

Nutritional facts:
2 TBS= 243 Cals---9g Protein---19g Fat (2 sat)---12g Carbs---1.5g Fiber

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Natural peanut butter all the way!! Tastes better than the other **** (smells better too). I'm not kidding, once you get your system really clean, you can smell this funky odor coming out of ALL regular peanut butters.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
natedogg going "mad scientist" on the homemade natty.... I like it!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Natural peanut butter all the way!! Tastes better than the other **** (smells better too). I'm not kidding, once you get your system really clean, you can smell this funky odor coming out of ALL regular peanut butters.
I agree. Once you go all natural, you'll never go back.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Hey Nate, I haven't tried it, but I've heard mixing it with Flax oil tastes good.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Hey Nate, I haven't tried it, but I've heard mixing it with Flax oil tastes good.
I haven't tried that yet. I do have some flax oil in the fridge and I'm due to make some more PB. Lemme make some with the flax oil added in and I'll get back to you.

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I am damn clean. But I don't smell anything weird from my peanut butter.

I like natty as well I just like this whipped stuff way better. I personally don't care that much for regular PB anymore but this whipped stuff is the ****.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Well I am damn clean. But I don't smell anything weird from my peanut butter.

I like natty as well I just like this whipped stuff way better. I personally don't care that much for regular PB anymore but this whipped stuff is the ****.
I'm talking from-India-purify-your-chakras-yoga-master-sweat-is-like-perfume clean. Back when I was THAT clean, I remember having some food with a little MSG in it and my body broke out in these red, itchy pockets of toxins. Seriously, they would slowly move over my skin and take a few hours to dissipate. Even artificial colors would make me sick. I seriously could not handle ANYTHING artificial. I could taste it and smell it, my senses were heightened to an unbelievable level. It was great!

I no longer have such discipline though.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
the flax recipe is great, but you gotta like the taste of flax. Some don't, I do. I just pour the separated oil off the top of the natty and replace it with flax. mmmmm...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok I revised my recipe using flax oil. I only used 1 tbs because any more and it would have effected taste negatively. 1 to 2 tbs of honey I found to be good enough.

2 cups peanuts
4 tbs olive oil
1 tbs flax oil
1 to 2 tbs honey
Blend in food processor until creamy and refrigerate.