low carb diets getting shot down

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
dude, not to bash you but take anything you read from CNN with a supersized grain of salt

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude, not to bash you but take anything you read from CNN with a supersized grain of salt
But they are right.

IF you can prove them wrong, do so.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Low carb, whats that?.
I found a sure fire way to slow metabolism is by limiting carbs.When I deplete I get soft looking,joint soreness,and just plain feel like ****.I have a theory remember when I had throat cancer back in the summer. I was on a real low carb diet for about 8 months with the 2 week reload.I read that cancer thrives when the body is in an acidic state and cannot thrive in a alkaline state.No carb or low carb turns the body acidic.It may not mean anything but low carb can promote cancer cells to thrive.This is just my opinion and opinion of others that I have read.There may not be any truth to it but something to ponder..

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have no opinion on this subject. :lol: :icon_lol:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I have heard of the theory that cancer can't survive in alkaline environment before Madman, maybe there is some truth to it. This doctor on the radio was talking about it but he didn't talk about keto or low carb diets. He was trying to promote green foods because he claimed they give you an alkaline environment

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I think there are several problems. A lot of people simply don't realize how much raw **** they eat, and when they go low carb and lose weight they think it's magic when all they really did was cut out that few pounds of sugar they were eating every day. Plus low carb diets might just make it easier for some people to get some control over their total calorie intake which is handy. Don't know if there's any way to tell what kinds of fat these people were eating, sucking down a steak everyday isn't a great idea however great it might taste.

I believe that if a piece of meat doesn't charge when you waive a red cape at it, it's overcooked.

stefan3482

Banned
Awards
Kevin Trudeau says that, along with a lot of other weird ****. Our bodies operate in a narrow range of pH and if they get slightly acidic/basic our bodies have mechanisms to get it back to the narrow range of pH (i believe it's ~7.35-7.4) i.e. bicarb buffering systems/etc.

I have heard of the theory that cancer can't survive in alkaline environment before Madman, maybe there is some truth to it. This doctor on the radio was talking about it but he didn't talk about keto or low carb diets. He was trying to promote green foods because he claimed they give you an alkaline environment

Doko

Awards
Well, if I may play the devil's advocate here, low carb diets do work for some people, especially for a few I know trying to get that bf% way down. I can lose fat on lots of different diets, but that stubborn fat comes off easier for me on a CKD, while retaining decent lean muscle. In fact, i'm on day 5 of this cutting cycle doing a CKD and I feel fine, and am eating much healthier than when I'm bulking. And remember: low carb doesn't have to mean high fat! As for metabolism, leptin and muscle glycogen, isn't that what refeeds are for?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i think the extremely low-carb, Atkins type diets maybe just the transition period between the low-fat diet (which we were way overdue for a change from) & the next eating plan.

i did a CKD for a little over a year with fantastic initial results but maintaining them was frustrating.

it's a great way to kick start weight loss for those who find it hard to stay motivated but i feel it should be used as "Phase 1" of a weight/fat loss plan where carbs are brought in gradually to monitor any excess fat gain.

your body uses all energy systems so a little bit of everything (P. C. F.) still makes the most sense to me & it's working great for me now.

Jag