check out my cutting diet...

taffer

Awards
Well i think its time to give carb cycling a res
i think i need a bit more strictness in my diet, and sometimes the no-carb days can get in my way, also sometimes on high-carb days i dont eat enough because im "satisfied" but i should really eat more, so i lose like 1.5-2lbs or plateau, anyway i figure i will write a good regular cutting diet

just a few notes before i post it...
-I dont eat dairy
-I supplement with a multi every morning, and also 10g of fish-oils per day (even though its not written)
-It may look like im eating chicken for 99% of my protein, but i substitute it for tuna/kangaroo/turkey/lean protein-X
-I count the calories in vegies, but not the carbs, i also count fiber as a carb(excluding vegies of course)

It may look a little high in carbs, but i figure cal's in vs out, and if i can get away with eating this many carbs and lose 1-2lbs a week i'll be happy :D
if not i'll just up protein and reduce carbs, easy ;)

My current stats are:
Height: 192cm (about 6'4)
Weight: 189lbs

Breakfast (pre-workout)

90g Oats
120g Chicken/1.3cups egg whites
138g Pear/Apple/Orange

Calories: 556
Protein: 37
Carbs: 76
Fat: 8

Post-workout

100g Oats
30g Whey
60g Banana

Calories: 549
Protein: 34
Carbs: 78
Fat: 10

Meal 3:

120g Chicken
300g Sweet potato
300g Vegies

Calories: 474
Protein: 42
Carbs: 60
Fat: 2

Meal 4:

140g Chicken
300g Vegies
138g Apple/Orange/Pear

Calories: 323
Protein: 42
Carbs: 21
Fat: 3

Meal 5:

170g Salmon
300g Vegies

Calories: 360
Protein: 37
Carbs: 1
Fat: 18

Meal 6:

120g Chicken
30g Natural Peanut Butter

Calories: 310
Protein: 36
Carbs: 3
Fat: 15

Totals:

Calories: 2659
Protein: 228
Carbs: 239
Fiber: 67
Fat: 68

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
It is not high in carbs at all. That is still considered low-mod.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
At 189 and 6'4", I would think that you would be bulking. How much more are you trying to lose?

taffer

Awards
yeah i know i wanna bulk, however there is a few things stopping me
1: summer is coming up here in australia, wanna get some ab action happening :)
2: i still got fat to lose! i've come down from ~130kg over the past year, and i really wanna get rid of this last bit of fat
3: i got the dreaded loose skin, and i hear the best thing you can do for it is lose as much fat as possible, i'll see what i can do about posting pics...

oh yeah its not really high in carb i guess, compared to other cutting diets i see it is though! (some people eat less carbs than this, and count vegies :eek:)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
oh yeah its not really high in carb i guess, compared to other cutting diets i see it is though! (some people eat less carbs than this, and count vegies :eek:)
Most other cutting diets you see come from people who don't know how to cut.

Case in point. A friend of mine just finished 2nd in national qualifiers in st. augustine Florida 2 weeks ago and he never went below 400g/day.

Steve_W

Awards
g'day taffer! You're starting to look a little skinny, soon as summer's over you gotta bulk dude!

The loose fat will disappear over time.

taffer

Awards
yeah, actually i think im going to drop carbs a bit from this diet, i had a feeling that i had too many carbs and/or calories in this diet, its not like im dropping calories (like i was losing weight but have stopped, but rather i've just tried this diet for a week, i've actually GAINED weight! :eek:)
so i reckon a 33% reduction in pre+post workout carbs, and i will maybe throw in 10mins of walking after chest+tri's and 15mins after shoulders, i must say i was feeling really bloated with all those oats i was eating :D

if that doesnt work, i'll kick the fruit meal 4.... and if worst comes to worst, i'll do a 3 day split with 3 days cardio :p

BTW: great to see you here steve, its a great forum, not as much BS(idiots) as bb.com

Steve_W

Awards
lol yeah I noticed, that's why I signed up.

Good luck with the diet, it's not really high carb so I don't see much need to drop the carbs but if you're going to cut the calories I guess they may as well come from carbs.

taffer

Awards
yeah i just came off carb cycling so i guess i could have just gained water, which i assume i have (no way im in a surplus at 2600-2700calories)
also i think that i have been getting a bit confused with the nutritional value of sweet potato's, right now i use 20g carb/85cal for 100g, where i think it is higher... more so sometimes i get these purple flesh sweet potatoes, which taste awesome, but i think they are tons more dense, so when i eat 300g of them (and enjoy every bite!) im actually eating more than i think!
same goes with the white flesh one, i think they are more calorie dense than the yellow flesh ones

oh well lets just call this a "week off" next week i'll eat yellow flesh sweet potato, and not bloat myself up on oats in the morning (i just had 60g instead of 90, i feel fine, i think i was overdoing it! damn that sixpack! :D)

EDIT: as for me bulking.... i really want to, but wanna get a nice 4-pack, or at least a 2 pack! any PACK (not a 1 pack :p)
right now i got 13.5in arms and a 40.5in chest :( my arms have alot of height but no thickness, also my tri's are lagging, i got really dominant biceps

Steve_W

Awards
yeah i just came off carb cycling so i guess i could have just gained water, which i assume i have (no way im in a surplus at 2600-2700calories)
also i think that i have been getting a bit confused with the nutritional value of sweet potato's, right now i use 20g carb/85cal for 100g, where i think it is higher... more so sometimes i get these purple flesh sweet potatoes, which taste awesome, but i think they are tons more dense, so when i eat 300g of them (and enjoy every bite!) im actually eating more than i think!
same goes with the white flesh one, i think they are more calorie dense than the yellow flesh ones

oh well lets just call this a "week off" next week i'll eat yellow flesh sweet potato, and not bloat myself up on oats in the morning (i just had 60g instead of 90, i feel fine, i think i was overdoing it! damn that sixpack! :D)
****, I eat 140-160g of oats every morning!

taffer

Awards
yeah i could eat that, but i guess my body hates carbs or something, oh well i gotta figure out what works for me.... also you proby have like 100000 times more LBM than me, when i hit 240 then i can eat 200g of oats for breakfast and 400g after a workout :D

Steve_W

Awards
lol nah I don't have that much LBM at the moment, hence why I am bulking. Somehow I can put on reasonable mass and stay beach worthy, which is a plus! I feel really full from oats, but not bloated, just like I can't eat another thing. I love this feeling, since it beats being hungry all teh time!

taffer

Awards
i think i like the action of eating, i guess thats why i was so large before, cos i all i did was sit around playing computer and eating :p

also i love tasting food :D i think dieting has made me appreciate food even more, i eat everything without flavoring, the only flavor i need is the natural flavor from the food!

i gotta get ready for some cardio action, do a search for all of bobo's posts, that should keep you entertained for a while :D

btw: what are your stats?