My diet Plan (rookie) please help

tommyboy

Awards
Here is my diet plan I am trying to revise a few things that I need help with....

1. Will I get fat on carbs?
2. How can I bulk without gaining a load of fat
3. cardio???????
4. Is it a bad thing to be "free" during too meals a day I never miss that meal btw and usually just load up on some protein I love some times I have a slice of pizza or two but thats it. I have really low fat in the rest of the diet I figured that would be ok. (never any cookies or snacks)
5. All I drink is water and gatorade all day is that ok? good? bad?
6. Is it ok to not eat natty peanut butter when I make pb j's cause it isnt used that much.... and natty TASTES LIKE ****
Im 165 about 8-12 percent body fat

Never have done a diet before let alone eat enough protein.
Here it is help me out do I got enough carbs the right type of foods at the right time etc etc.

Diet Log 11/22/04

* means can be a substitute depending on what I want to eat

SERVING NAME CALORIES PROTEIN CARB FAT/sat.

(6:30)

1 cup Raisin Bran 190 5 45 1

(7:20)

4 Egg whites 68 14 0 0

(8:00)

1 bar Nutri grain 140 2 27 3/0.5

1 bar Granola bar 120 1 21 4/1.5

(11:00)

FREE*** Usually sliced turkey sandwhich with juice and servings of fruit

(2:30-3:00)

1 can Tuna Fish 150 32 0 1.5

2-4 slices Wheat Bread 120-240 6-12 20-40 2-4

1 Bannana 112 0 26 0

(5:00-7:00) FREE*** (eat at later time if I lift before 5 eat earlier if lifting later

(post workout shake)

8 oz Skim milk 90 8 13 0

2 scoops Protein Pow. 216 44 4 2

(9:00)

2 Chicken breast 304 57 0 6.6

1 Yogurt 158 6 30 1.5

1 Banana 112 0 26 0

2 slices Wheat bread 120 6 20 2

Totals W/ out 2 meals Calories 2022 Protein 175 Carbs 233 Fat 22.9

Try and eat 1000 cals and 100 g of protein during those 2 free spots

tommyboy

Awards
that bad????

Here is my diet plan I am trying to revise a few things that I need help with....

1. Will I get fat on carbs?
2. How can I bulk without gaining a load of fat
3. cardio???????
4. Is it a bad thing to be "free" during too meals a day I never miss that meal btw and usually just load up on some protein I love some times I have a slice of pizza or two but thats it. I have really low fat in the rest of the diet I figured that would be ok. (never any cookies or snacks)
5. All I drink is water and gatorade all day is that ok? good? bad?
6. Is it ok to not eat natty peanut butter when I make pb j's cause it isnt used that much.... and natty TASTES LIKE ****
Im 165 about 8-12 percent body fat

Never have done a diet before let alone eat enough protein.
Here it is help me out do I got enough carbs the right type of foods at the right time etc etc.

Diet Log 11/22/04

4 Egg whites 68 14 0 0

1 Bannana 112 0 26 0

(5:00-7:00) FREE*** (eat at later time if I lift before 5 eat earlier if lifting later

(post workout shake)

8 oz Skim milk 90 8 13 0

1 Yogurt 158 6 30 1.5

1 Banana 112 0 26 0

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Trying to keep ya lean here. :thumbsup:
1) No- carbs don't make people fat. Eating too much food, making the wrong choices, and inactivity is what makes people fat. However, not all carbs are created equal. You must stay away from simple sugars (processed, packaged bullshit), and eat more complex sources.
2) Take your bulking slowly. You should not need to feel like you HAVE to put on 10 lbs in a month, and nobody ever needs to eat 4,000 calories (some do, not you or I). Make small goals for yourself and continue to set the bar higher and higher. The worst advice I could give you is "you need to bulk. EAT AND EAT TILL YOU CAN'T EAT ANYMORE." :rasp: There is no reason why you need to be have a 36+ waist to be considered a big guy.
3) Yes- do cardio 2 or 3 times a week. No need to go crazy, but it is important.
4) The more dedicated and anal you are, the better your results will be. Its that simple. Pizza isn't "ok every now and then", its terrible. My advice is to plan all of your meals ahead of time.
5) Drop the Gatorade- despite the nice sports commercials, it still has 12 grams of pure sugar per serving. There are times when sports drinks are useful, but not too many in our case.
6) Don't eat PBJs in the first place. There are much better, easier things you can eat.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

4 Egg whites 68 14 0 0

1 Bannana 112 0 26 0

(post workout shake)

8 oz Skim milk 90 8 13 0

1 Yogurt 158 6 30 1.5

1 Banana 112 0 26 0

Its kinda hard to critique a diet with 2 free meals, but I'll just give ya some general advice.

1) Why don't you just put your 6:30 and 7:20 meals together? Eat the egg whites with the cereal. There are better cereal choices out there than Raisin Bran. If you really like cereal, look into high fiber ones, or just plain rolled oats. I assume and hope you're eating this with skim or lowfat milk.
2) Don't eat anything that comes in a wrapper (bars). They're junk.
3) Vegetables are generally better than fruits.

It seems to me like a lot of the foods you are eating are foods that are considered healthy among the general public, but really aren't optimal. My advice is to look at some old threads and see what foods are talked about in different diets. Off the top of my head, here are a bunch of foods:
Eggs, Chicken, tuna ,salmon ,LEAN red meat, skim milk, cottage cheese, fat free cheese, broccoli, oats, sweet pots, apples, mulit-grain breads, high fiber cereals (Fiber One is a good choice)....

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Or you could just contact Bobo and ask him about his magic beans. He will get you big and ripped..

MUSCLEBABE

Awards
Or you could just contact Bobo and ask him about his magic beans. He will get you big and ripped..
OK, I'm new to this website and I've read that an ECY stack is supposed to help with fat loss and getting cut. I've never really added any kind of supplements to my regimen, what exactly is an ECY stack? I'm anxious to try some products, but I want something that's effective but won't make me manly! (cuz I'm a girl :) ).

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
(cuz I'm a girl :) ).
We'll need proof ;)

Seriously though. Get your diet in order first otherwise no product will help you and if it does the results will be short-term only because when you come off the product you'll rebound.

MUSCLEBABE

Awards
We'll need proof ;)

Seriously though. Get your diet in order first otherwise no product will help you and if it does the results will be short-term only because when you come off the product you'll rebound.
Proof? Hmmmm.....I'll have to work on that one. :)

So what is an "ECY Stack?"

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ECY = Ephedrine/Caffine/Yohimbie - or Yohimbine.

MUSCLEBABE

Awards
ECY = Ephedrine/Caffine/Yohimbie - or Yohimbine.
I thought that it was probably Ephedrine and caffiene, but I wasn't sure what the "Y"
was. Now what does Yohimbie do? I am so not up on this stuff! I'm good on the diet,
and on my workout, but this is the area where I'm lacking.

What's the scoop on this stack? So you take it before your workout? How much and
all that stuff? (I know it probably depends on your size.)

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to suggest you do a little reading before I answer any further questions.

Try to learn some of these things on your own first and then hit us up with your questions.

Not a flame, but I don't want to give advice on a compound to someone who has yet to understand it or its' effects.

Play safe ;)

MUSCLEBABE

Awards
I'm going to suggest you do a little reading before I answer any further questions.

Try to learn some of these things on your own first and then hit us up with your questions.

Not a flame, but I don't want to give advice on a compound to someone who has yet to understand it or its' effects.

Play safe ;)
No problem! I definitely would not try anything without studying about it first. I'm actually kind of reluctant to start anything as it is.

But, I am a sponge for knowledge and I think I need to broaden my horizons in this area! :) Do you have any suggestions on what the best resource would be to study info. on anabolics and supplements?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
ECA (Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin) is a safer choice than ECY if you haven't used stimulants before

Glad to see you want to lear, do some searches on what you wanna know, read the stickies, and keep reading.

MUSCLEBABE

Awards
ECA (Ephedrine/Caffeine/Aspirin) is a safer choice than ECY if you haven't used stimulants before

Glad to see you want to lear, do some searches on what you wanna know, read the stickies, and keep reading.
Thanks! :)

TravTriggz

Awards
well i figured id post my diet in here instead of starting a new thread.
what am i doing right and whats all wrongggggggg

wakeup - 12oz water, proteinshake w/0% skim milk "hood"
Cardio- 20 mins walking incline 3.2 heart rate "129" "170 pounds 22 yrs old, 14.5% bf"
right after- glass OJ, 4 egg whites one whole egg, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, apple, shortly after 12oz water
3 hours later- 2 chicken breasts cooked in vegtable oil, 4 large pieces of brockley, shortly after 12oz water
"back to the gym"
get home- PROTEINSHAKE w/gatorade, or skim milk, sink water w/e
1hour later- peanut butter jelly wit skim milk OR tunafish w/e , shortly after 12oz water
3hours later- steak,fish or chicken w/salad rice 12oz water

the days im off from working out i walk 45 mins instead of 20
"should i take that shake in the morning when i wake up on off days? also will cooking in oil add fat?