Training Fasted, yes or no

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Training Fasted, yes or no


    I like to use intermittent fasting when I cut. I've heard alot of people say that it's best to train fasted first thing in the morning when you're most likely to burn off fat for energy. And then other people tell me that this is crazy because I'll just end up in a catabolic state burning off muscle for energy. What do you guys think?


  2. I do my cardio in the morning in a fasted state and then my weight training later on in the evening after a meal or two then I get 50% of my calories post workout. I love it
    •   
       


  3. burning muscle compeltly depends on cortisol levels, not when you workout or fasted/not fasted. if you workout fasted, your body will burn its glycogen stores quickly and move on to oxidizing fat. once you hit 45min to an hour, cortisol gets topped off and you go into catabolic mode. trick to this is keep your workouts short and fasted, and you will be fine

    and i mean fasted as in morning workouts, not 24-36 hour fasted. cortisol is all over thefukin place once you fast too extreme like that

  4. I workout fasted all the time. I just have 10-20g bcaas prior and alls good! If your going to do cardio the bcaas aren't really needed they're for piece of mind really.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    I workout fasted all the time. I just have 10-20g bcaas prior and alls good! If your going to do cardio the bcaas aren't really needed they're for piece of mind really.
    I second this!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    I workout fasted all the time. I just have 10-20g bcaas prior and alls good! If your going to do cardio the bcaas aren't really needed they're for piece of mind really.
    I like taking BCAAs before or during fasted training.

  7. Now that I've become accustomed to training fasted i have a lot more energy, even throughout the day. It's kind of hard to explain if you've never felt it.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Bigchourico View Post
    Now that I've become accustomed to training fasted i have a lot more energy, even throughout the day. It's kind of hard to explain if you've never felt it.
    I agree. It's hard to believe. Then again your body is a sponge for nutrients after training fasted therefore putting all the nutrients to use which could help with energy throughout the day

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Bigchourico
    Now that I've become accustomed to training fasted i have a lot more energy, even throughout the day. It's kind of hard to explain if you've never felt it.
    Exactly!! You dont feel droggy throughout the day like you do when your body is constantly trying to difest foods

  10. I'm going to have to agree with everyone else, I take the Leangains approach and eat like 60-70% of my daily intake after my workout.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Bigchourico View Post
    Now that I've become accustomed to training fasted i have a lot more energy, even throughout the day. It's kind of hard to explain if you've never felt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post
    I agree. It's hard to believe. Then again your body is a sponge for nutrients after training fasted therefore putting all the nutrients to use which could help with energy throughout the day
    Quote Originally Posted by J.wayne View Post
    Exactly!! You dont feel droggy throughout the day like you do when your body is constantly trying to difest foods
    Quote Originally Posted by awhittamore View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone else, I take the Leangains approach and eat like 60-70% of my daily intake after my workout.
    I agree i think most people would think that with intermittent fasting you would be tired and sluggish all day from lack of food.

  12. I think your average joe would be surprised to find out that fasting actually increases your energy and focus.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by halfahardon View Post
    I think your average joe would be surprised to find out that fasting actually increases your energy and focus.
    I'm sure we all were surprised when we started

  14. Quote Originally Posted by newbreed

    I'm sure we all were surprised when we started
    I was definitely worried about energy levels and potential effort in the gym before I started. But now it's nothing more than just a part of my daily routine. IF works, and I feel great while doing it.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by awhittamore View Post
    I was definitely worried about energy levels and potential effort in the gym before I started. But now it's nothing more than just a part of my daily routine. IF works, and I feel great while doing it.
    We all were when we started I'm sure

  16. I've trained fasted a lot and I've noticed that using BCAA's really make a difference and I've been able to get muscle mass while cutting with this method.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit View Post
    I've trained fasted a lot and I've noticed that using BCAA's really make a difference and I've been able to get muscle mass while cutting with this method.
    I agree with that. BCAA's are a must use product especially when training fasted IMO. Which brand of BCAAs do you use?

  18. Best way to know is to try it for yourself for 10-12 weeks and assess.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  19. I've recently used a Optimal Nutrition's product, but I just noticed that it contains soy and may contain gluten and all kinds of other allergens . Not going to repeat that mistake again.

  20. It seems like most people doing intermittent fasting are definitely pro Bcaa! I don't usually use bcaa's but if it will help prevent muscle catabolism and not ruin my fast I might give it a try.

  21. I've also dabbled with EAA's for a couple of weeks and I think that they give the same effect.

  22. What dosage of Bcaa are you guys using before you train fasted??

  23. Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit View Post
    I've recently used a Optimal Nutrition's product, but I just noticed that it contains soy and may contain gluten and all kinds of other allergens . Not going to repeat that mistake again.
    I used to use Xtend but tried the Modern BCAAs when they came out and liked the ratios it had plus sustamine which has more stability in water so I can let it sit in water a while without any worries. Been using it ever since I started. Not to mention they have a very non aggressive taste which I like.

  24. I use 20 grams of BCAA's and start drinking it in the beginning of my training and usually finish when I've done half of my workout.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. havoc / epistane yes or no
    By smalls556 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
  2. No SERM??? Opinions??? Yes or No??? Why???
    By colindep in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 01:44 PM
  3. HCG yes or no.
    By donk in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 11:21 AM
  4. Cardio after leg days - Yes or No?
    By JonesersRX7 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Log in
Log in