Cutting Blog

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Hello all!! I am new to the forum but wanted to start a blog about my attempt to get lean as well as obtain any assistance in doing so! I will try to keep updates pretty frequently and am asking for any tips/suggestions/ideas!

Height - 5'11
Weight - 243 lbs
Age - 31
Current Diet -
(Train at 6 am)
Meal 1 (post workout) - 2 Scoops ON Protein and 2 scoops glycoject
Meal 2 - 6 ozs chicken/fish/lean beef
1 cup Brown Rice/Jasmine rice or 8 ozs sweet potatoe
24 Almonds
Meal 3, and 4 - Same as meal 2
Meal 5 - 6 ozs chicken/fish/lean beef and a salad
Meal 6 - 2 scoops protein, 2 Tbsp natural PB, 8 oz almond or whole milk, a little honey (make a smoothie).

A couple times a week I may buy breakfast at corner bakery (Anaheim Scrambler w/egg whites). I would like to have 8 egg whites, 2 whole eggs and a cup of oatmeal everyday, but I don't return home after I workout and head straight to work (any suggestions here??).

Cardio - 1 hr, 3-4 times a week, more if I can.
Training - I have been lifting for a long time so this varies as I like to mix it up. High/low reps, heavy/moderate weights, fst-7, etc... Usually lift 5 days a week for about an hr, giving each body part it's own day.

I will weigh in again Friday so will definitely update with my progress.

Supplements:
Animal Stack (Vitamins)
Omega 3 Fish oil
ON 100% Gold Whey (will switch with isolates too)
Glycoject

Looking to start a fat burner of some kind in a couple of weeks. Oxy Elite, Clen, EPI-V, etc... Any ideas here?

Let's get this show on the road! Any help/critiques would be greatly appreciated!

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
Nice welcome on board. Good luck with your cut. Just some advice from my personal experience be careful with the oxy elite. I got some when I first started my cut took it for about a week throw the bottle in the garbage by the end of that week. Horrible experience. Your reaction could be completely different but just an heads up just incase. The supplements you starting with looks very good. Are you counting cals?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'll jump in for the ride bro! Good luck

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
I am reading up on Intermittent fasting now...anyone know anything about it or have any sucess stories?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
It looks like you have a fair amount of weight to lose. You really don't need anything at this point other than a simple caloric deficit. Track your exact calorie intake and eat less than your TDEE. There are great websites and apps that make this simple, I use myfitnesspal app on my smartphone. Down the line if your results stall you can then play with various fasting protocols and/or supplements. Supplements, eating or not eating at certain times, carb cycling etc., all of this will not cause you to lose weight. You must be in a calorie deficit for that.

That being said, your diet is very lacking on the fruits and veggies. I would substitute a lot of those starches for apples, bananas, peaches (whatever is in season/avail fresh), berries, broccoli, bell peppers, zuchinni and the like. That will also make it easier to hit your calorie goal on top of the numerous health benefits.

If you need help figuring BMR, TDEE and calorie deficit just ask. :)

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
It looks like you have a fair amount of weight to lose. You really don't need anything at this point other than a simple caloric deficit. Track your exact calorie intake and eat less than your TDEE. There are great websites and apps that make this simple, I use myfitnesspal app on my smartphone. Down the line if your results stall you can then play with various fasting protocols and/or supplements. Supplements, eating or not eating at certain times, carb cycling etc., all of this will not cause you to lose weight. You must be in a calorie deficit for that.

That being said, your diet is very lacking on the fruits and veggies. I would substitute a lot of those starches for apples, bananas, peaches (whatever is in season/avail fresh), berries, broccoli, bell peppers, zuchinni and the like. That will also make it easier to hit your calorie goal on top of the numerous health benefits.

If you need help figuring BMR, TDEE and calorie deficit just ask. :)
My BMR is at about 2780 cals (2240 cals x 1.55 for moderate active male = 3470 -20%(695) = 2780 calories). I got this diet from my boy thats a NPC competitor and a certified trainer. Its broken down at at 35/45/20 scale for proteins/carbs/fats. I will however add some veggies in those meals. They help to make me feel "full" on top of the other health benefits. Good advice man, I wont worry about the diet "tricks" and such until the weight loss starts to stall.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have it together. Good luck, I will be following along :)

mk3less

mk3less

Awards

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Down 1 lb this week to 242. Starting the DTP training program on Monday. Seen a lot of good reviews about it. Also, may drop carbs from 1 cup to 3/4 a cup. Ideas/comments?

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Started the DTP training program today...WHEW! That workout is serious! Did the chest and back workout (changed the order of the workouts a bit) and it was pretty taxing. DB's at my gym only go up to 120 so I will have to adjust my presses (start a little heavier).

Incline DB Press (weights x reps) - 60x30 reps/80x20 reps/110x10 reps/120x5 reps/120x5 reps
-super setted with-
DB Bent Over Rows (pulling elbows towards hips, elbows tucked in) - 80x30 reps/80x20 reps/90x10 reps/105x5 reps/110x5 reps

Flat DB press - 120x5 reps/120x5 reps/120x10 reps/100x20 reps/100x30 reps
-super setted with-
DB Bent Over Rows (elbows flaring out) - 100x5 reps/90x5 reps/80x10 reps/60x20 reps/50x30 reps

Only had time for 25 mins cardio on the tread mill (3.7 speed and 15 incline) post workout. Will get 40 mins more tonight while watching MNF. Also droping my carb portions from 1 cup to 3/4th a cup.

TRAIN HARD!

ozHarris

ozHarris

Awards
I've just started my cutting diet as well.

I train first thing in the morning too, on an empty stomach with the belief that I'll be tapping into stored fat for fuel.
Do you guys think that is correct or are we actually burning muscle instead of fat..

Good luck with you cut mate...

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards

I train first thing in the morning too, on an empty stomach with the belief that I'll be tapping into stored fat for fuel.
Do you guys think that is correct or are we actually burning muscle instead of fat..

I train in a fasted state all the time man. I just have about 10g bcaas before and 10g during my workout. I haven't lost any strength whatsoever.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established

Plenty of people train fasted and don't burn up their muscle. IF is becoming more popular by the day. Your body is much smarter then you think.

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Today is an off/cardio day, but yesterday I did Legs, so walking a little slow today! Below is the workout:

Leg Pres SS with Leg Press Calf Raises (Leg Press reps/Calf Raises reps x weight) - 50/40x5 plates (each side)/ 40/30x6 plates/ 30/20x7 plates / 20/10x8 plates/ 10/10x10 plates/ 10/10x11 plates/ 20/10x9 plates/ 30/20x8 plates/ 40/30x7 plates/ 50/40x6 plates

Rough workout, but I will probably go up in weight next week to make sure I hit failure.

Train Hard

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Yesterdays workout:
Shoulders (DTP) - Behind the neck press (used smith machine) - 40/30/20/15/10 -supersetted with- Barbell Upright Rows - (same rep range)
Then
Arnolds - 10/15/20/30/40 -SS with- DB Shoulder Shrugs (Same rep range)

So far I am really digging this workout. It has been a struggle getting all of my cardio in this week so this fast paced workout is really helping in that area. My diet has been pretty good this week, planned poorly and ran out of rice one day but thats about it. Adding Oxy Elite Pro to my supplements starting monday. I've had good results with this in the past. Arms tomorrow!

Train Hard

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
So far so good. I am liking the DTP training. Different than what I am used to. This is week two so I took all the weights up a bit as to make sure I hit failure on each set....rough! Also started on some oxyelite pro. I was told to wait a while and drop some BF before I tried something like EPI-V or 550-XD (Both finaflex products). Ideas/thoughts about this?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
So far so good. I am liking the DTP training. Different than what I am used to. This is week two so I took all the weights up a bit as to make sure I hit failure on each set....rough! Also started on some oxyelite pro. I was told to wait a while and drop some BF before I tried something like EPI-V or 550-XD (Both finaflex products). Ideas/thoughts about this?
I agree man, you should use a supplement to break past plateaus, and give you that extra edge. If you do one now its gonna be that much harder when its over to progress.

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Gotcha. Thx man. What are your thoughts on test boosters while cutting?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. Thx man. What are your thoughts on test boosters while cutting?
Same as the fat burners tbh, workout and use supplements to help push through plateaus mentally and physically.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Hey bro, I would absolutely wait to use any type of PH right now. IMO it would be best to get your body to as close to its optimal state as possible then come in with 550-XD or Epi-V (my favorite of all our PHs...it kicks A$$ for endomorphs). If you have any questions about Finaflex hit me up anytime! Stick to your training and keep your nutrition on lock and results will come! good luck my brotha...Im in to follow!

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Hey bro, I would absolutely wait to use any type of PH right now. IMO it would be best to get your body to as close to its optimal state as possible then come in with 550-XD or Epi-V (my favorite of all our PHs...it kicks A$$ for endomorphs). If you have any questions about Finaflex hit me up anytime! Stick to your training and keep your nutrition on lock and results will come! good luck my brotha...Im in to follow!
Thanks man! So far so good! I will weigh in tomorrow morning and try to get some more pictures taken. This DTP workout is a grind, but I like it. I only have 1 more week on it, then I will switch it up.

Bigdaddy_6224

Awards
Havent posted an update in a while but just wanted to post something! I am still hitting it hard. I am having a rough time getting all of my cardio in with my schedule. Between being a Dad, playing drums at my church, my regular 9-5 and a husband, time is scarce! But Im making due. Diet is going good. Cut my carbs down to a 1/2 a cup for each serving (3 servings a day) not including my post workout carbs. I am considering trying to do a show next year. I obviously have a LONG way to go, so we will see.

Stay tuned!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 5
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Weight Loss 0