Calculating Metabolism after 10 months of Dieting

jxn

Awards
I am 35, 5'9, and 185 lbs right now. I started out at around 225 last December, so I have lost close to 40lbs so far and have now really hot a plateau. According to the Harris-Benedict equation, my maintenance level is about 2598 calories. I'm just wondering how I could factor in the slowdown from 10 months of dieting. I'm sure metabolism has taken a hit, but I don't know what % to factor in. i have heard everything from 10-30%. I do no cardio but hit the weights relatively heavy 5 x per week for 45 minutes to an hour. Does anyone know how I can figure this out? thanks

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Honestly there is no calculator that will get it right. They are too general.

You have dieted for more than 9 months. When is the last time you taken some time off and/or incorporated refeeds?

No cardio? Right there is a big problem. The first 40 is easy! Hit the treadmill :)

Reactions: jxn

jxn

Awards
Honestly there is no calculator that will get it right. They are too general.

You have dieted for more than 9 months. When is the last time you taken some time off and/or incorporated refeeds?

No cardio? Right there is a big problem. The first 40 is easy! Hit the treadmill :)
After reading Tom Venuto's book, I realized that I made a mistake not having some maintenance-level refeed days. I have only been incorporating this for a couple of weeks really. I still have a good bit of fat to get rid of, though I am not sure what my bf% is.