Cutting and maintaining strength

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Any advice? I've been cutting for about a week with alphamine and c20 (great products btw, thanks USP Labs for hooking it up with the c20, combined with Alphamine I have barely any appetite) and im feeling weaker and less energetic. Any food advice? I've been eating lots of chicken breasts and whole grain bread, that's pretty much it.

I want to lose some fat before I log testpowder , but I want to keep as much strength as possible, seeing my lifts go down even a little really pisses me off.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With only that selection of food, you're going to be depleted of both calories and micronutrients. Everything starts with diet.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
What else should I eat? Are fruits alright on a cut or is the sugar bad?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need a variety of foods including multiple sources of flesh, eggs, fruits, and vegetables.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Ok I can add eggs in there. I've been eating bananas here and there Ill eat some more varieties of fruits and vegetables, thanks.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That is a terribly poor diet. Fruits and things, typically have fructose which actually has a very little affect on insulin. Veges have high fiber so basically contain little 'usable' calories.

Thats the reason you're feeling like sh*t imo.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
That is a terribly poor diet. Fruits and things, typically have fructose which actually has a very little affect on insulin. Veges have high fiber so basically contain little 'usable' calories.

Thats the reason you're feeling like sh*t imo.
Agreed, cut out grains as your carbs first. Then increase veg and fruit. (paleo basically). Your body absolutely needs the vits/mins from fruits and veg. This is common sense you NEED veg, you don't technically need grains and meat (I love meat and eat it, just sayn). The carb energy provided by the fruits and veg will power you through the day. As for eating JUST chicken, I think this is wrong also. Like working out your body needs change. Fish is #1. Add eggs and if you eat red meats you need to eat it. This is not going to hurt your cutting, grains will.

IMO

iPhone AM.com app

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, cut out grains as your carbs first. Then increase veg and fruit. (paleo basically). Your body absolutely needs the vits/mins from fruits and veg. This is common sense you NEED veg, you don't technically need grains and meat (I love meat and eat it, just sayn). The carb energy provided by the fruits and veg will power you through the day. As for eating JUST chicken, I think this is wrong also. Like working out your body needs change. Fish is #1. Add eggs and if you eat red meats you need to eat it. This is not going to hurt your cutting, grains will.

IMO

iPhone AM.com app
Sounds good. I know its stupid but I hate vegetables. I guess ill have to get used to them. Ill probably just blend them into a juice or something.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good. I know its stupid but I hate vegetables. I guess ill have to get used to them. Ill probably just blend them into a juice or something.
Thats probably because you havent found a vege you like. Try something new, some veges actually taste quite nice when cooked different to how your used to or if you find new veges.

But they are important.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I've been drinking v8 fusion mixed with liquid egg whites (the pasteurized ones in the cartons). The v8 masks the egg whites really well, you can't even really taste them. That could help you get some fruits and veggies, with a lot of protein also.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
I've been drinking v8 fusion mixed with liquid egg whites (the pasteurized ones in the cartons). The v8 masks the egg whites really well, you can't even really taste them. That could help you get some fruits and veggies, with a lot of protein also.
Thanks, I actually already told my mom to get me some v8 fusion, that stuff is great.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good ideas as well. Doesn't that fusion have sugar though?

C

CobbledPath

Awards
why not try some new methods of cooking vegies? Roast veg, stir fry, steamed, boiled.. Sorry but vegies taste awesome, you just have to try more ideas.
Example a favourite breakfast of mine is to fry up (in macadamia oil) garlic and chilli and then add broccoli, mushroom and tomato, then a bit of salt reduced soy and finally 4-5 eggs. You end up with a grey and messy omelette that tastes delicious and is awesome for you.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Good ideas as well. Doesn't that fusion have sugar though?
They have a light version that has less sugar. It has 10g/8oz. But yea the regular has a lot, it's like 20g or something.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Like the others said, try different cooking and seasoning techniques. Fried, steamed, raw, bbqed, boiled, baked there is so many ways. my personal fav is grilled or fried for taste or raw with garlic hummus or steamed with saltnpepper and cayenne. Getem into ya brother!!

As for V8 splash :thumbsup:
http://www.v8juice.com/faq_v8fusion.aspx

It is natural sugars that listed in total sugar content, there is no refined/artificial sugars added, however you lack the benefits of fibre by only drinking this. But it is a great source of vits and mins.(2 full servings of each!)

I truly don't understand the "diet" version of v8 splash, Less calories (fruits and veg don't matter) And 3g of carbs (wtf fruit and veg carbs FTW), Makes absolutely no sense to me.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Like the others said, try different cooking and seasoning techniques. Fried, steamed, raw, bbqed, boiled, baked there is so many ways. my personal fav is grilled or fried for taste or raw with garlic hummus or steamed with saltnpepper and cayenne. Getem into ya brother!!

As for V8 splash :thumbsup:
http://www.v8juice.com/faq_v8fusion.aspx

It is natural sugars that listed in total sugar content, there is no refined/artificial sugars added, however you lack the benefits of fibre by only drinking this. But it is a great source of vits and mins.(2 full servings of each!)

I truly don't understand the "diet" version of v8 splash, Less calories (fruits and veg don't matter) And 3g of carbs (wtf fruit and veg carbs FTW), Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Ill try to incorporate vegetables in my diet whenever possible then. As I said , probably in the blender lol. And Ill throw in some v8 and fiber supplementation whenever I can't acquire fresh produce.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill try to incorporate vegetables in my diet whenever possible then. As I said , probably in the blender lol. And Ill throw in some v8 and fiber supplementation whenever I can't acquire fresh produce.
Quick way to add in some produce into the diet is with coconut milk, protein powder (or liquid egg whites), spinach, and blueberries all in a blender.