Goog Complex Carbs?

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Good Complex Carbs?

What are your favorite 'good' carbs?

Ive spend most of my adult life trying to 'bulk' and not paying too much attention to the quality of my meals. Now I'm to a weight and point in my life where I need to start sharpening things up.

Fortunately for the guy trying to bulk - my wife is Italian and can cook the sh1t out of pasta. But it doesn't help the guy trying to cut.

Carbs for me have always been pasta and potatoes.

It also doesn't help that I'm in a very rural part of Texas. We pretty much feed everything to the cows, and then eat the cows.

Not much selection at the local grocer.

67nova

Awards
There all good if you know how to use them.But for the better part of days i eat sweet potatoes,purple potatoes along with quinoa and steel cut oats.
For my post carbs i still do the potatoes along with a gluten free cereal(brown rice/corn usally)or rice cakes.Im doing a gluten free plan so i eat more potatoes and oats.I really dont like reg brown rice so i go without.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
Have you had sweet potatoes or yams, great sources of many micro nutrients and complex carbs.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Have you had sweet potatoes or yams, great sources of many micro nutrients and complex carbs.
Not since Thanksgiving dinner. But I plan to start adding them and also brown rice to my weekly diet.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
There all good if you know how to use them.But for the better part of days i eat sweet potatoes,purple potatoes along with quinoa and steel cut oats.
For my post carbs i still do the potatoes along with a gluten free cereal(brown rice/corn usally)or rice cakes.Im doing a gluten free plan so i eat more potatoes and oats.I really dont like reg brown rice so i go without.
I can't find Quinoa or Steel Cut Oats in town. I also hear guys talk about Ezekiel bagels and Greek yogurt, etc. all not carried at the local grocer.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
sweet potatoes are my favorite, im sick of oats!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
For cutting: I like baked beans with the sauce washed off.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
For me quinoa, beans and sweet potatoes are the best.
I also like whole wheat rice cakes :)

NoLimitz

Awards
Veggies, Oats, Sweet potatoes, Brown Rice, Cream of Wheat/rice

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
try some cut up red potatoes (skin on) with some of your other veggies in a splash of some chicken stock in a glass pan with foil over it in the oven. DEfreakenLICIOUS.

and Italian food is definitely the best.. but unfortunately makes you plump in no time :[

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
El Hefe,

I feel you! I'm part Italian and crave pasta and bread just about every breathing minute, but I've been able to find a suitable alternative when I have mad cravings for things from my childhood.

As for complex carbs that I am able to eat even during a cutting phase, I love the crap out of sweet potatoes and I have even mustered up the guts....or maybe it's just my hunger again, to eat the skin too! When I was younger I hated the skin, but now it's like "F-it!"!
I've been recently making belgium waffles out of egg whites and quick oats with a scoop of my favorite protein in it. I like to use the cake batter flavored pure isolate, by Muscle Gauge Nutrition. It has such a pleasant flavor and it's very versatile if I want to bake a cheat dessert with it too.

I'm also allowed brown rice, but I feel I just can't get a small serving of rice and be satisfied! haha! I love rice! But, what I've noticed as far as my bady goes, even though I'm not carb sensitive, the effects of rice on my physique are not like when I consume oatmeal or sweet potatoes! I get slightly puffy even on the average serving size! WTF! Sooooo....I've been staying away from that for a little and just sticking to carrots, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and my good ol' ezekiel bread!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards

Nova- does the quinoa and steel cut oats bloat you much? I have been eating reg oatmeal lately and soon after I look pregnant :(
El H

efe,

I feel you! I'm part Italian and crave pasta and bread just about every breathing minute, but I've been able to find a suitable alternative when I have mad cravings for things from my childhood.

As for complex carbs that I am able to eat even during a cutting phase, I love the crap out of sweet potatoes and I have even mustered up the guts....or maybe it's just my hunger again, to eat the skin too! When I was younger I hated the skin, but now it's like "F-it!"!
I've been recently making belgium waffles out of egg whites and quick oats with a scoop of my favorite protein in it. I like to use the cake batter flavored pure isolate, by Muscle Gauge Nutrition. It has such a pleasant flavor and it's very versatile if I want to bake a cheat dessert with it too.

I'm also allowed brown rice, but I feel I just can't get a small serving of rice and be satisfied! haha! I love rice! But, what I've noticed as far as my bady goes, even though I'm not carb sensitive, the effects of rice on my physique are not like when I consume oatmeal or sweet potatoes! I get slightly puffy even on the average serving size! WTF! Sooooo....I've been staying away from that for a little and just sticking to carrots, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and my good ol' ezekiel bread!

I recently added oatmeal and wheat pasta back in my diet and afterwards my stomach puff's out so much that it's uncomfortable! I'm supposed to be eating around 100 grams per day and am having a hard time getting down 80!! Guess I need to incorporate something else....

loganchristop

Awards
1 word: OATS ~