HIIT cardio & carbs

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As most of you guys know I'm old school with just about every aspect of bodybuilding. However, latley I've broaden my horizons and giving a few different things a shot.

I'm a long time walk on an incline guy. Recently I've been looking to transition to HIIT cardio. I'd be doing so post workout (3x's/week) but on a TKD type diet I'll be consuming about 100gr carbs during my workout.

Since I'm a noob with regards to HIIT cardio, is there any forsee able reason this would affect it? I'll be bulking/lean mass then move to a recomp so it's main purpose is to keep belly fat off, logically I think I'll be ok just want to see if anyone has experience.

uvawahoowa

Awards
As most of you guys know I'm old school with just about every aspect of bodybuilding. However, latley I've broaden my horizons and giving a few different things a shot.

I'm a long time walk on an incline guy. Recently I've been looking to transition to HIIT cardio. I'd be doing so post workout (3x's/week) but on a TKD type diet I'll be consuming about 100gr carbs during my workout.

Since I'm a noob with regards to HIIT cardio, is there any forsee able reason this would affect it? I'll be bulking/lean mass then move to a recomp so it's main purpose is to keep belly fat off, logically I think I'll be ok just want to see if anyone has experience.
I was the exact same way during my last contest prep and for years before that, only incline walking for multiple sessions of about 40-45 minutes. After my final comp of this season I switched over to HIIT cardio and prefer it over LISS mainly because of efficiency. I am on a lean bulk as well, but not on TKD. It has helped keep bodyfat off while bulking, but I do my HIIT as a separate session (2x/wk) rather than after lifting. Not sure if any of that helped, but that's my experience.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was the exact same way during my last contest prep and for years before that, only incline walking for multiple sessions of about 40-45 minutes. After my final comp of this season I switched over to HIIT cardio and prefer it over LISS mainly because of efficiency. I am on a lean bulk as well, but not on TKD. It has helped keep bodyfat off while bulking, but I do my HIIT as a separate session (2x/wk) rather than after lifting. Not sure if any of that helped, but that's my experience.
No, it did, thanks. To know you're another that switched over is good to know.

So you were doing HIIT 2x's/week, how long we're your sessions?

uvawahoowa

Awards
No, it did, thanks. To know you're another that switched over is good to know.

So you were doing HIIT 2x's/week, how long we're your sessions?
I am doing hiit 2x per week now, 25 minutes plus 4 mins warm up and cool down.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do HIIT now, i go for about 25 minutes at most for 3x a week. Or Ill run sprints for 45 mins (30 second rest in between, no rest in-between for HIIT). Honestly I used to do the treadmill walk for 45 minutes but it just takes so long. I feel like HIIT just melts body fat off too.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do HIIT now, i go for about 25 minutes at most for 3x a week.

Honestly I used to do the treadmill walk for 45 minutes but it just takes so long. I feel like HIIT just melts body fat off too.
That almost verbatim what my buddy text me that sparked this thread, lol.

Nico1

Nico1

Awards
I'm doing hiit 25 min 4x week (morning) with about same carb intake tho I carb cycle so 2 days I have about 350 but been working extremely well for me