Keto Diet Help?

Bballer22

Awards
Hey everyone,

I just wanted a quick input if you have the time. I have recently started a Keto Diet on Saturday 8/25, as of this morning, i had lost exactly 10 pounds. Now all this weight loss in just 4 days is slightly strange to me and doesnt make all that much sense. I started 195 and am now 185. The weird thing, is i have not worked out, nor have i ran once since i have started. I just wanted to see if this is normal for most people. Here is an example of what i have been eating.

Morning - Nothing or Left Over Chicken (if there is any)
Lunch - 4x0 at In-n-out (4 patty no cheese) lettuce wrapped, no mayo or dressing, grilled onions and tomatoes.
or
Lunch - Double Char at the Habit, lettuce wrapped, no cheese no mayo, add bacon, and tomatoes and grilled onions.
Dinner - 1-2 Full Chicken Breasts

Only Water throughout the day

Now i know there are some hidden carbs in the vegetables in my lunch, but still trying as best as I can to follow the diet. My goal was to start working out, but my shifts have been 12 hours a day and havent had the time to do so, which is the main reason why i am shocked i am losing so much weight so quick, i sit on my butt 10-12 hours a day!!

If anyone could please let me know if i am doing something wrong, or if i should alter my diet at all, i would greatly apprecaite it. Also completly open to some new Eating ideas, very very unfamiliar with the diet so just starting out with what i can, thinking about making breakfast to steak and eggs once i head back to the gym, first night tonight and trying to go atleast 5 times a week. I am also taking USP labs Prime and Pump, nothing else, and only using as directed. Don't really know if thats what causing the rapid weight loss. Other than just the shock though, i have had 0 side effects from anything, i am not getting sick, nor dizzy, nor irratable, nor have digestive problems. So if possible, would love just a quick input. Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it!

Bballer22

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The initial 3-5lbs is all water, every glycogen store is depleted, and any water you were holding has flushed out. But, even losing all the water 10lbs is a lot for four days..

Bballer22

Awards
The initial 3-5lbs is all water, every glycogen store is depleted, and any water you were holding has flushed out. But, even losing all the water 10lbs is a lot for four days..
Thats what i was thinking. I drink like a gallon a day so i expected the 4-5 pounds of pure water weight, but the other 5-6 pounds. Is just beyond me. I am not fasting, or starving myself, i am just literally just trying to cut carbs out, maybe it is because i cut myself off cold turkey from the worst eating i have done in my life for the last 6 months? I think the night before i had some crazy bread and half a pizza from Little Caesars, so yeah, quite a drastic cold turkey change.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats what i was thinking. I drink like a gallon a day so i expected the 4-5 pounds of pure water weight, but the other 5-6 pounds. Is just beyond me. I am not fasting, or starving myself, i am just literally just trying to cut carbs out, maybe it is because i cut myself off cold turkey from the worst eating i have done in my life for the last 6 months? I think the night before i had some crazy bread and half a pizza from Little Caesars, so yeah, quite a drastic cold turkey change.
Man, what id do for a little ceasers cheese pizza...

Bballer22

Awards
Man, what id do for a little ceasers cheese pizza...
Dude trust me, it was so bomb hahaha. But i cant be eating like that anymore. I have been fit my entire life until i got in a car accident and was forced to stop working out. Now that i am cleared, and 20 pounds heavier, i need to do something. And thought Keto would be best.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think tyga pretty much covered it. Not much else to add, just want to wish you luck on your journey :)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
for starters i will aggree its not uncommon for ketoers to lose 10 pounds in the first week to 10 days.. i will be more than happy to coach you on your diet but there are some basics you need to learn right outta the gate.. DO NOT avoid fat of any kind and actually try to add in as much as possible . you should be reaching 60% of your intake in fats!!! at least if you want to lose your BF the fastest. make sure you keep the mayo and cheese bro. right now your eating way too much protien, wich your body will redily convert to glucose.

so for the basics to get started.. avoid high protien foods and add more fats.. MCTs or Coconut are an awesome choice to add in because they redily convert to ketones. i spent alot of time discussing a Cyclic Keto Diet approach in a thread yesterday. you may want to find your way to lyle mcdonalds site and read up on the subject as there are several ways to perform keto diets. i will return with a link to the thread i spoke in yesterday.

Bballer22

Awards
for starters i will aggree its not uncommon for ketoers to lose 10 pounds in the first week to 10 days.. i will be more than happy to coach you on your diet but there are some basics you need to learn right outta the gate.. DO NOT avoid fat of any kind and actually try to add in as much as possible . you should be reaching 60% of your intake in fats!!! at least if you want to lose your BF the fastest. make sure you keep the mayo and cheese bro. right now your eating way too much protien, wich your body will redily convert to glucose.

so for the basics to get started.. avoid high protien foods and add more fats.. MCTs or Coconut are an awesome choice to add in because they redily convert to ketones. i spent alot of time discussing a Cyclic Keto Diet approach in a thread yesterday. you may want to find your way to lyle mcdonalds site and read up on the subject as there are several ways to perform keto diets. i will return with a link to the thread i spoke in yesterday.
Thank you man i greatly appreciate it, i guess i am going about this all wrong. Would love any help i can get. Thank you so much. I will adjust my diet accordingly, i had Steak and Eggs this morning and was going to have chicken this lunch, however that is a lot of protein like you had originally stated. I will check out the Lyle McDonalds site for some more eating ideas, i am pretty much foreign to what to cook. Thank you really apprecaite the input! I am going to check out that link right now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 46
Weight Loss 9
Grayson Supplements 35
Nutrition / Health 22
clayface91 Weight Loss 28