literally do not know what to do to burn fat

willc86

Awards
hello again

Ok, I am completely confused on what to do, when to eat, what to eat to burn fat and preserve muscle after cutting. I keep researching but I keep finding 1000s of things that counteract with each other. Some say dont cut carbs just calories, some say do cardio before weight lifting, some say do not run on empty stomach, dont do cardio for more then 30 mins some say work out for an hour then another hour cardio.

It is super confusing.

Can someone give me a plan I can follow that you tried before and helped you cut fat and preserve/gain muscle at the same time?

When should I do cardio, how long? After working out or separate days?

Should I cut out carbs later on the day? or should I eat complex carb in the am and simple at pm like veggies

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
start with where you are. Lay out how you eat daily, and lay out what your workouts are like and then people can suggest changes to optimize. It works much better that way.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
start with where you are. Lay out how you eat daily, and lay out what your workouts are like and then people can suggest changes to optimize. It works much better that way.
Agreed

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
This is the precomp diet I followed to help me drop from 260 to 190. Hope this helps. Also in terms of cardio and weights.
Run in the morning Monday wednesday Friday
Run in the pm mon-fri
Continue lifting to burn glycogen stores
LIFT BEFORE YOU RUN! (at nights)
Pre Comp Diet with Macros and Calories
Meal 1
10 egg whites
2 slices ezekial bread
Calories 332
Protein 44 g
Carbs 31 g
Fats 1.5 g
Meal 2
10oz tilapia
1 cup broccoli
Calories 303
Protein 60 g
Carbs 6 g
Fats 4 g
Meal 3
10oz chicken
1 cup spinach
Calories 351
Protein 70 g
Carbs 7 g
Fats 4 g
Meal 4
Protein Shake
Calories 160
Protein 36g
Carbs 3g
Fats 3g
Meal 5
10 oz chicken
1/3 cup cooked brown rice
Calories 390
Protein 68g
Carbs 16g
Fats 4.5g
Meal 6
Protein Shake
Calories 160
Protein 36g
Carbs 3g
Fats 3g
Total
Calories 1696
Protein 314g
Carbs 66g
Fats 21g

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Run for 20 minutes In the morning then 15 minutes that night. On Tuesday and Thursday hit the stair mill for 15 and elliptical for 15

Again just what I did and it worked lost 72 lbs in 4 months

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This is the precomp diet I followed to help me drop from 260 to 190. Hope this helps. Also in terms of cardio and weights.
Run in the morning Monday wednesday Friday
Run in the pm mon-fri
Continue lifting to burn glycogen stores
LIFT BEFORE YOU RUN! (at nights)
Run for 20 minutes In the morning then 15 minutes that night. On Tuesday and Thursday hit the stair mill for 15 and elliptical for 15

You shouldn't prescribe your own program to someone else...everyone is different. And cardio has no impact in BMR at all, so splitting it is not needed nor necessary. He has to learn the proper nutrition guidelines for cutting and adapt to a workout program and add cardio as needed. Weight loss and fat loss come from nutrition first, workout later.
Like I said, you can not go and prescribe your diet to someone...he has to build his own upon his own research, trial and error and his own experiences and needs.

willc86

Awards

ok 20 mins running. Empty stomach or no? Also, I am trying to preserve as much muscle as possible.

the stairs and elliptical, after working out or give it a break and come back later for it?

so far, this is my lay out

mon - chest triceps (40 mins at gym and I still lift heavy 6-10 reps to maintain muscle) / cardio for maybe 20 mins in the morning or night

tues back bi ( cardio morning or night )

thurs - legs

fri - shoulders ( 20-30 mins at gym)

diet - about 2200 calories

8am-3pm complex carbs with protein (about 40g )

4pm - 11pm - simple carbs (veggies) and 40g protein

and I eat 6 times a day

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, go into some more detail there, because that really isn't a diet, its a vague idea of macros. pick one day (today for instance) and write down exactly what you eat at what times. Part of why thats important is that there isn't much you can do as far as controlling fat loss if you don't know within a pretty tight tolerance what you are eating.

Can you also give your height, weight and a vague idea of your current bodyfat? if you don't know on bodyfat, with height and weight your waist measurement helps.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You shouldn't prescribe your own program to someone else...everyone is different. And cardio has no impact in BMR at all, so splitting it is not needed nor necessary. He has to learn the proper nutrition guidelines for cutting and adapt to a workout program and add cardio as needed. Weight loss and fat loss come from nutrition first, workout later.
Like I said, you can not go and prescribe your diet to someone...he has to build his own upon his own research, trial and error and his own experiences and needs.
Half of the confusion is that people erroneously use BMR and maintenance calories interchangeably. If you want to get overly technical, cardio will actually lower BMR since it makes a person lighter, but we're talking about a very small degree of difference.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Half of the confusion is that people erroneously use BMR and maintenance calories interchangeably. If you want to get overly technical, cardio will actually lower BMR since it makes a person lighter, but we're talking about a very small degree of difference.
Yeah...There should be a sticky explaining the difference between BMR and TDEE :blink: , you know , some "Diet for Dummies 101"-Sticky hehe.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
He said he had no clue what he was doing so I gave him what worked for me. He can tweak it in whatever manner he feels but that's how I got in the weight training game. People telling me what they did and me tweaking it until I found it suitable.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
ok 20 mins running. Empty stomach or no? Also, I am trying to preserve as much muscle as possible.

the stairs and elliptical, after working out or give it a break and come back later for it?

so far, this is my lay out

mon - chest triceps (40 mins at gym and I still lift heavy 6-10 reps to maintain muscle) / cardio for maybe 20 mins in the morning or night

tues back bi ( cardio morning or night )

thurs - legs

fri - shoulders ( 20-30 mins at gym)

diet - about 2200 calories

8am-3pm complex carbs with protein (about 40g )

4pm - 11pm - simple carbs (veggies) and 40g protein

and I eat 6 times a day
Empty stomach cardio for sure and cardio immediately after weights at night. I like to sip a protein shake as I'm finishing up weights. To each there own but a scoop makes me feel better as well as a scoop and oats when it's all said and done. I was being flamed for prescribing a diet but stick to tilapia and chicken with fibrous veggies and few carbs (mainly pre and post workout) and youll be set

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Empty stomach cardio for sure and cardio immediately after weights at night. I like to sip a protein shake as I'm finishing up weights. To each there own but a scoop makes me feel better as well as a scoop and oats when it's all said and done. I was being flamed for prescribing a diet but stick to tilapia and chicken with fibrous veggies and few carbs (mainly pre and post workout) and youll be set
Not flamed, just don't give a kitchen recipe to someone without telling him valuable information like:

-What's TDEE
-How to estimate it
-Macro nutrient importance and Essential Levels
-Caloric Deficit, How to do it? (Activity or by diet adjusting)
-Progression

And maybe some research links so he can get it more for himself...

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Not flamed, just don't give a kitchen recipe to someone without telling him valuable information like:

-What's TDEE
-How to estimate it
-Macro nutrient importance and Essential Levels
-Caloric Deficit, How to do it? (Activity or by diet adjusting)
-Progression

And maybe some research links so he can get it more for himself...
Yeah I agree I didn't come up with that diet myself a lot of people on here a well as various other places help me. I just wanted to give him a guideline since he seems clueless. A starting point if you will.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yeah I agree I didn't come up with that diet myself a lot of people on here a well as various other places help me. I just wanted to give him a guideline since he seems clueless. A starting point if you will.
I did not mean to make yah feel flamed, just tell him what those people told yah and what worked for you as a reference...It's nice of you to help him anyway.

willc86

Awards
ok, go into some more detail there, because that really isn't a diet, its a vague idea of macros. pick one day (today for instance) and write down exactly what you eat at what times. Part of why thats important is that there isn't much you can do as far as controlling fat loss if you don't know within a pretty tight tolerance what you are eating.

Can you also give your height, weight and a vague idea of your current bodyfat? if you don't know on bodyfat, with height and weight your waist measurement helps.

thanks for all the responses lol

ok well, this is what my diet looks like for cutting

am - roxy lean and a-HD from BPi

1.) 2 scoops of protein 1/2 cup oatmeal 1TBSP of peanut butter

2.) whole wheat pasta / 5-6 oz chicken / scoop protein

gym 1 hour heavy lifting

3.) 2 fruits / tuna 1 whole can

4.) 2 scoops protein

5.) cup of veggies / fish or chick or tuna or a scoop of protein (30-40g)

6.)1 cup or 2 cups broccoli / 6-8 oz chicken

so far I lost 10 lbs but I just want to make sure I do not lose muscle mass

stats - currently 205 lbs 6ft tall probably 13-14% body fat 34 inch waste

goal 230-240lbs @ 8-10% body fat

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

gym 1 hour heavy lifting

4.) 2 scoops protein

Approximate caloric intake?

Also, your goal may not be realistically attainable without some chemical assistance.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
losing muscle mass or not is more about what span of time you lose how much weight. at a pound a week, the muscle you lose is negligible. Although i'd trade in a bunch of that whey for solid protein.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, your goal may not be realistically attainable without some chemical assistance.
Haha, it's not attainable at all without chemical assistance, unless he's thinking about a multi-year plan and has never lifted before.

willc86

Awards

chemical assistance, meaning anabolics?

my calories intake is about 2200-2500

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
chemical assistance, meaning anabolics?

my calories intake is about 2200-2500
Yes, that's what I was implying. You might want to actually bump up the calories a bit for a week or two to reboot the system. That's a pretty low amount per day.

willc86

Awards
Thanks a tona gain for your help lol.

What do you mean by reboot the system? Prevention of muscle loss?

Also, the gains are unattainable? 230lbs @ 10% body fat? I was planning to use anabolics in a few months, but I didnt know those gains are unreachable w/o anabolics

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, the gains are unattainable? 230lbs @ 10% body fat? I was planning to use anabolics in a few months, but I didnt know those gains are unreachable w/o anabolics

The way you laid it out you're trying to gain 25-35lbs of LBM while losing 5% bf. That's not going to happen unless you give the process years, or unless you are taking anabolics.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established

Less talky, more fighty lads!

I will get started.

I hate Tim Tebow! There , now someone join in!

Edit :

I would take JonesRipped diet and tweak it, I almost run a variant of it.

Celorza's got his head in the right place, as usual ;)

willc86

Awards
The way you laid it out you're trying to gain 25-35lbs of LBM while losing 5% bf. That's not going to happen unless you give the process years, or unless you are taking anabolics.

oh no lmao. I meant like my overall goal in years to come. I know its very unlikely to lose 5% body fat and gain 20-25lbs muscle in a single dose lol.

i was talking about maybe cutting then bulking again to 230 then cutting again then bulk to 240 then cutting again till I reach 230.

If that is possible w/o anabolics, id rather reach that route.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh no lmao. I meant like my overall goal in years to come. I know its very unlikely to lose 5% body fat and gain 20-25lbs muscle in a single dose lol.

i was talking about maybe cutting then bulking again to 230 then cutting again then bulk to 240 then cutting again till I reach 230.

If that is possible w/o anabolics, id rather reach that route.
Oh, ok. Fair enough, I thought you were talking about a short-term goal.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Less talky, more fighty lads!

I will get started.

I hate Tim Tebow! There , now someone join in!

Edit :

I would take JonesRipped diet and tweak it, I almost run a variant of it.

Celorza's got his head in the right place, as usual ;)
What he said... I think...

willc86

Awards

for future references, what anabolic makes me lose body % fat and gain muscle at the same time?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for future references, what anabolic makes me lose body % fat and gain muscle at the same time?
none really do, not with any significant amount of speed or success at either. On a long testosterone cycle, you could lose 4lbs of fat while adding 10-12 lbs of muscle fairly reasonably, but losing 4lbs of fat in a month isn't too terrible either without the anabolics.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I'm sure you could even run a light ph to preserve muscle while cutting but I'd do it naturally so you know how to do it

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards

gym 1 hour heavy lifting

4.) 2 scoops protein

As far as this goes you may will need anabolics to accomplish this in a short amount of time but give it a year. Get real cut then bulk then cut and repeat and you could find yourself there

willc86

Awards
none really do, not with any significant amount of speed or success at either. On a long testosterone cycle, you could lose 4lbs of fat while adding 10-12 lbs of muscle fairly reasonably, but losing 4lbs of fat in a month isn't too terrible either without the anabolics.

well I mean like in general; can be 1 lb of fat lost with 5 lbs of muscle gained in 2 or 3 months (just an example.)

what do you mean by test. cycle? Like a normal test. booster like a pct or A-HD or an actual pro horomone like superdrol, halodrol?

im not looking to use anabolics now; I still want a bit more experience at the gym to even see if my body is even fit for that type of stuff; but after maybe another year, ill maybe get onto something. Just gathering some knowledge as the time passes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I meant on injected testosterone. With any of the other prohormones/designer supplements the results vary so much its really hard to gauge. Overall from what i've seen you are better off doing a cut then separately bulk, or cut then longer term clean slow bulk than trying to accomplish both, regardless of taking in hormones. Some people do have better success than others, but its a crapshot. Some end up making a 1lb fat loss with 2lb muscle gain in a month instead the choice of either 6lbs fat lost or 8lbs muscle gained.

willc86

Awards
I meant on injected testosterone. With any of the other prohormones/designer supplements the results vary so much its really hard to gauge. Overall from what i've seen you are better off doing a cut then separately bulk, or cut then longer term clean slow bulk than trying to accomplish both, regardless of taking in hormones. Some people do have better success than others, but its a crapshot. Some end up making a 1lb fat loss with 2lb muscle gain in a month instead the choice of either 6lbs fat lost or 8lbs muscle gained.

oh lmao. Well, I am focused now on a really slow clean bulk after I get rid of my fat; I am kind of restarting I guess you can say.

The prhoromones I've been looking at has been halodrol or halotest-25. Ive heard people gained about 6lbs in 2 months with not much side effects; and its seems pretty legit since it has tons of reviews. lol. ever heard of them?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Save anabolics for later, don't worry about them for now