high protein diet??????????????????????? - AnabolicMinds.com

high protein diet???????????????????????

1. Advanced Member

high protein diet???????????????????????

My wife just told me today, that my sis-in-laws friends dad passed away. Said he was into bodybuilding and supplements. Took whey and other supps for years. Anyway she said Doc found high protein in blood or something and they couldnt do nothing for him. A few weeks later he passed away, he was in his late 50's....looked to be in late 30's because he kept in shape. wondering if any of you have heard of anything like this or thoughts on the subject.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

Sorry to hear that Scorpio.
  3. New Member

high protein in blood? doesnt make sense to me
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a specific metabolic disorder rather than ODing on protein per se. One of the docs/med students will probably know for sure.
  5. New Member

I think that when someone has a heart attack, there is normally a high protein amount in blood due to the ehart attack itself, not vice versa
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCORPIO
    My wife just told me today, that my sis-in-laws friends dad passed away. Said he was into bodybuilding and supplements. Took whey and other supps for years. Anyway she said Doc found high protein in blood or something and they couldnt do nothing for him. A few weeks later he passed away, he was in his late 50's....looked to be in late 30's because he kept in shape. wondering if any of you have heard of anything like this or thoughts on the subject.
    I'm really sorry for hearing about this loss....but I really dont think the high protein found in his blood is linked to his healthy eating habbits. How did he pass away? If it was linked to a heartattack the high levels of protein in his blood could be the ST2 levels which normally go up because the heart muscles have to work very hard to compensate for various dying tissues.
  7. Professional Member

I do think that certain proteins become elevated in the blood when there inflammation in the heart. Specifically, I believe one is called C Reactive Protein. Also, the ST2 as mentioned is another linked to heart problems.

If there was high levels of protein found in his urine, then one could believe he had a kidney disorder. Kidney disease could certainly lead to death. High levels of protein in urine can be observed by having bubbly urine.

For those of you who follow very high protein diets, do you notice bubbly/foamy urine?
  8. Board Supporter

Interesting quote
    STOP THE DANGER!!! BAN DOCTORS TODAY! CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN! Number of physicians in the US: 700,000. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000. Accidental deaths per physician.... 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services) Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000 Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) 1,500. Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188 Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one doctor.

Similar Forum Threads

1. high protein diet without the odor
    By lifthardheavy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 09:52 AM
  3. Article: High Protein Diet Curbs Appetite.
    By burnuphard in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 07:05 PM
  4. How to afford a high protein diet...
    By Hellhound in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 08:02 AM
  5. High Protein Diets Need Calcium
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 08:37 PM