Loss inches in waist

chdn20

Awards
Hello,
I need to lose an inch or two in my waist quickly. What would be the best method for doing that? I do not care about lossing muclse, I just need to lose the waist. Thanks for any help.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Drop the carbs, up the cardio, and hit the OTC water loss supps. (teraxatone, water shed, ect.)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many carbs should I be taking in. I weight 235 and am 6"1'.
Based on your post I'm guessing you need to learn a bit about diet and nutrition.

A deficit is required to lose fat (or inches around your waist). From you post "you do not care about losing muscle" sounds to me like you have not invested much in gaining muscle...else you would not be so casual about losing it. So here is a pointer: BW x 10-12, 1.5g/lb BW protein, at least 10% calories from EFA's, balance with carbs preferably around training.

235 x 10 = 2350 total cals
1.5 x 235 = ~350g x 4 cals = 1400 protein cals
2350 x .10 = 235 (fat cals)/9 = ~26g EFA

1400 protein cals + 235 fat cals = 1635 (protein/fat cals)
2350 (total cals) - 1635 = 715 balance of cals from carbs
715 (carb cals)/4 = ~180g carbs

EDIT: I would add that if you find that the amount of carbs is too much for you than add more fat or protein calories and reduce the carbs a bit further.

While you work this out and implement it you could research Ab-Solved and find a retailer that carries it.

Last edited:

XxCrisisxX

Awards
From experience, Lyle Mcdonalds Ultimate Diet 2.0 seems to work the best for losing fat without muscle or strengh. I highly suggest you look into that.

chdn20

Awards
Thanks for showing me that. I do have some time invested but not much.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for showing me that. I do have some time invested but not much.
B5150s' Advice is sound.I would lower protein to 1g/lb when trying to drop fat though. That's just me.

TravTriggz

Awards
whats the best way to shed that 5 lbs of fat over ur lower abs???
where the personal trainers at :(

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you can't just shed fat off of one body part it doesn't work like that

unfortunately its also true that the first place you gain fat is the last place you lose it

TravTriggz

Awards
ok on that note whats the best cardio workout to TARGET THE STOMACH, il probably just start doin 25 minutes on the treadmill instead of 15 mins

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
whats the best way to shed that 5 lbs of fat over ur lower abs???
where the personal trainers at :(
Right here. Ignoring the spot reduction request, I'll tell you what I tell all my clients AND what works for me.Assuming that your stength training and nutrition are optimal for your goals,The fastest way to burn fat off your body is extended duration low intensity cardio.(60% to 65% APMHR).When I really want to get lean, I try to do 2 55min sessions /day. This allows me to maintain mid single didjit BF% easily without depravation or using any fat loss supps.Now I don't tell my clients that they "have to" do that, it's not realistic for some people. I do tell them however that If you're serious about attaining your goal, you have to do your time. Everyone wants the quick fix or a magic pill. I know the secret though. You want to know what it is? Lean in close to your computer and I'll tell you...

IT'S SOUND TRAINING, OPTIMAL NUTRITION,CONSISTANCY AND TIME. :rant:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
I need to lose an inch or two in my waist quickly. What would be the best method for doing that? I do not care about lossing muclse, I just need to lose the waist. Thanks for any help.
You sound like youre in the army and you have a tape test coming up. The best way to lose an inch or two in your waist for a tape test is to practice sucking it in. Go around all day and practice sucking your stomach in as long as possible, continuing to breathe normally. Focus on keeping it sucked in the same amount so your readings don't flucuate. If your good enough at this they can't stop you from doing it, it doesn't matter if the Sergeant Major of the Army is taping you. I used to do this when I was fat in ROTC and we had to do APFTs every month. :thumbsup:

Oh, and another thing. Look down when they tape your neck. It helps, adds about 1/2 inch to your neck.