is there such thing as a "clean" bulk?

blackjack

Awards
Im asking this because I see this term used alot, but it doesnt make sense.
If one is to eat clean, then "bulking" is limited . but if one wants to bulk up
that would mean extra calories, fat, etc. and is not very clean. also if a person is doing a clean bulk phase, would cardio be done or not?
what do you all do? Im starting a test cycle soon and want to gain mass, but im not using this as an excuse to eat crappy foods and become a slob.
so how does one bulk cleanly?
did I make sense?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Im asking this because I see this term used alot, but it doesnt make sense.
If one is to eat clean, then "bulking" is limited . but if one wants to bulk up
that would mean extra calories, fat, etc. and is not very clean. also if a person is doing a clean bulk phase, would cardio be done or not?
what do you all do? Im starting a test cycle soon and want to gain mass, but im not using this as an excuse to eat crappy foods and become a slob.
so how does one bulk cleanly?
did I make sense?
Clean bulk is eating a lot of clean food. You don't have to eat all junk food to get cals high each day. Also with a clean bulk one or two cheat meals a week is customary. As for cardio that will be a different answer for everyone. A lot of info goes into determining that.

Chunky

Awards
Clean bulk for me refers as gaining mass without adding so much fat, that's it. In other word, I eat about 3800 calories, which is about 250-300 over my maintenance level, so I gain 1 pound every 2 weeks. Im gaining without adding fat. Since I,ve started this way, I went from 223 to 230 and my waist mesurement didnt go up.

That's my point of view about clean bulk.

jahkaya

Awards
I would always recommend cardio on a Bulk, even for a hard gainer. It helps to keep you in good condition and helps to keep excess fats off. If Ecto maybe only once a week; meso maybe twice a week; and for endo 3 or 4 times a week. OF course the whole point of a bulk is to create a caloric excess and therfore on the cario days you would need to eat a bit more.

One does not need to consume dirty foods to bulk. You could put on some serious bulk just by eating only these items:

Chicken
tuna
Salmon
Fruits
Vegetables
Oats
Natty PB
Whey protien
FF milk

and of course a little flax and fish oil caps to help you out. If you ate enough it would work...for sure.