Best DIET FOR shredding and maintaining muscle

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
Sup guys, need help/opinion/advise on a diet im looking to start. i have a wedding in november and also my mother gets married in december so its important to me i look RIGHT. I also need help understanding whats better for my body since i workout almost always around 8 or 9pm. do i eat carbs post workout or not? dont want excess to turn to fat. but this is why this post is up. im 5'11 243 lbs. heres what i was suggested by my 'already shredded ass' workout partner.

Morning
8 eggs

Lunch
10oz Chicken breast + sweet potato

Dinner
10oz Chicken breast + Sweet Potato

i have a protein bar in between meals and then once im off of work i head to the gym around 8 or 9 pm
15-30 min Stair master at fat burner setting then off to my scheduled body part workout.

pre workout
1 scoop of Beast Creatine
post workout
2 scoops of Beast Creatine + Protein shake (Hydro Whey)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think the better question is what are you eating now/prior to sustain that BF%? Then I would ball park the calories and try to step it down gradually.

I don't like "cookie cutter" diets like that personally.

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
I think the better question is what are you eating now/prior to sustain that BF%? Then I would ball park the calories and try to step it down gradually.

I don't like "cookie cutter" diets like that personally.

well i work M-F 8-5:30pm used to eat alot of junk food.. my actual starting weight was 257lbs in the beginning of the month of August. so ive lost a coupe lbs since then just by cutting out the junk food and cooking at home. what im eating now looks something like this

morning

4 eggs with whole wheat bread

lunch
brown rice chicken sometimes pasta and chicken

Dinner
most of the time the same thing i ate for lunch

dont have any snacks except protein shakes and thats about it.
then gym.

Again im a novice when it comes to this stuff. Ive been hitting the gym since i was 14 on and off but nothing when it comes to diet and knowing how to eat. and its now that i want to learn and understand my body so i look forward for the ppl in AM to help me out!

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -arnold

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
If you really want to lose weight you have to start counting calories. Eating healthy and workout out can get you far but its way to easy to over eat or not create a big enough deficit if you don't count.

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
If you really want to lose weight you have to start counting calories. Eating healthy and workout out can get you far but its way to easy to over eat or not create a big enough deficit if you don't count.
just downloaded fitness pal app. and im aiming for about 2100?

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
That's a great app it has help me tremendously. Good luck!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
find your tdee, and eat at or slightly lower than maintenance, works for me.......keep protein 1-1.5 per bodyweight

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
just downloaded fitness pal app. and im aiming for about 2100?
It's hard for anyone to try and tell you what your maintenance calories is. (The amount you need to maintain your weight) Calculators say you need around 2900 calories to maintain. I would recommend eating around a 35% deficit. So 2000-2100 cals would be right around the ballpark. What does your training routine look like? Lifting and cardio days a week etc so I can help you out more.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't recommend using the calories intake myfitness pal gives you....not accurate

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree, find TDEE and subtract 500-800kcals off this and go from there. Or, if you like to eat (and who doesnt) then find a way to increase caloric expenditure by 500-800kcals instead while eating the same amount.

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
No its pretty accurate. For some meal might be 20-50 cal off wether be higher or lower. But it puts you in the ballpark range witch is better then not knowing at all. I have use a few different methods to calculate cal and they all got different cal for the same meal.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Not for the meals part but the intake it has you follow for your body.... have to do a custom one

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
No its pretty accurate. For some meal might be 20-50 cal off wether be higher or lower. But it puts you in the ballpark range witch is better then not knowing at all. I have use a few different methods to calculate cal and they all got different cal for the same meal.
Yeah I generally just eat the same types of foods, after a few weeks you just memorize it.

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
ill give the fitness pal a try. even if its just off by a couple cals it actually helped me yesterday alot more than i thought it would.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
ill give the fitness pal a try. even if its just off by a couple cals it actually helped me yesterday alot more than i thought it would.
Yeah, its real easy to over eat when you don't count. Stick with it bro you will see results.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Reading some solid responses.

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
Calculated my TDEE at about 3692?? is this correct ? for a person whos height 5'11 weight 257lbs (used my starting weight) age: 21 with moderate exercise?

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
heres my leg routine.

week 1 & 3:

Leg Extensions 3x10
Leg Curls 3x10
Narrow-Stance Smith Machine Squat: 4x6
Midium-Stance smith: 4x6
Machine Squat: 4x6
Wide-Stance Smith squat:4x6
Leg Press: 4x6
Stiff-legged Deadlift: 4x6

Week 2&4
Leg Press: 4x25,20,18,16
Smith Machine Lunge: 4x8
Lying Leg Curl: 4x 12,10,8,6
Standing Calf raise:6x16

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
so ive lost a coupe lbs since then just by cutting out the junk food and cooking at home.
That statement right there my friend is key. Unprocessed foods keep your body running like a well oiled machine. Just cut eating out as well as high sodium and sugary foods and you will be golden by just a 20-30 min cardio session 4-5 times a week. Also yogurt is a very healthy snack in the mornings to help curb that sweet tooth for the day. It is very important to eat every three to four hours so fill your day with snacks!!! If you need some help on great snack ideas try the oatmeal and peanut butter bar recipe:

"
2 cups of plain uncooked oatmeal
1/2 cup natural peanut butter(I love freshly ground)
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
4 scoops of protein powder (I used 2 scoops of ON natural vanilla whey and 2 scoops of ON vanilla casein protein)
1/2 cup water
Recipe:
Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Spray a square baking dish with olive oil or use parchment paper to keep bars from sticking to bottom of the dish.
Scoop protein mix into baking dish and smash it down into dish making the bars even.
Freeze for 30 minutes. Remove and cut into bars."

Another great tip that I have personally kept in mind is to keep the carbs real low at dinner time.

Good luck!

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
That statement right there my friend is key. Unprocessed foods keep your body running like a well oiled machine. Just cut eating out as well as high sodium and sugary foods and you will be golden by just a 20-30 min cardio session 4-5 times a week. Also yogurt is a very healthy snack in the mornings to help curb that sweet tooth for the day. It is very important to eat every three to four hours so fill your day with snacks!!! If you need some help on great snack ideas try the oatmeal and peanut butter bar recipe:

"
2 cups of plain uncooked oatmeal
1/2 cup natural peanut butter(I love freshly ground)
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
4 scoops of protein powder (I used 2 scoops of ON natural vanilla whey and 2 scoops of ON vanilla casein protein)
1/2 cup water
Recipe:
Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Spray a square baking dish with olive oil or use parchment paper to keep bars from sticking to bottom of the dish.
Scoop protein mix into baking dish and smash it down into dish making the bars even.
Freeze for 30 minutes. Remove and cut into bars."

Another great tip that I have personally kept in mind is to keep the carbs real low at dinner time.

Good luck!
seriously just made my mouth water up. lol i trying this and having my wife help me out. thanks for the awesome recipe man!

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Calculated my TDEE at about 3692?? is this correct ? for a person whos height 5'11 weight 257lbs (used my starting weight) age: 21 with moderate exercise?
Should use your current weight, but yeah the more activity you do each day the more cals you burn. You could start eating like 2800 cals and see how fast you lose, losing to fast add 200 cals losing to slow drop 200 cals.

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
Should use your current weight, but yeah the more activity you do each day the more cals you burn. You could start eating like 2800 cals and see how fast you lose, losing to fast add 200 cals losing to slow drop 200 cals.
<-- ill be looking like Chris Jones in no time :D

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
whats a good pre and post? im only taking Beast Creatine, fish oils, and hydro whey. also taking some Chromium picolinate, cinnamin, and alpha-lopoic acid before big carb meals

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
whats a good pre and post? im only taking Beast Creatine, fish oils, and hydro whey. also taking some Chromium picolinate, cinnamin, and alpha-lopoic acid before big carb meals
I am using BCAA's and C-4 preworkout before lifting, yohimbine hcl before fasted cardio, thinking of ordering Alphamine though looks like a solid product. Here a thread that got me interested on it.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/210025-my-alphamine-results.html

As for post workout I don't even eat my post workout meal for around 4 hours after I lift. I only use whey protein if I need it on the go or to add to a cooking recipe. Would rather eat my calories than drink them xD.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you used a calculator for that, make sure you only use LEAN muscle mass, and not your entire mass (incldn fat mass etc.) because fat mass is not metabolically active

chappell12

Awards
Well, the suggested diet plan looks healthy for you and you must adapt it. I may advice you to cut down junk foods like pizzas, burgers, oily foods, etc. These can really help you in a good way.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Well, the suggested diet plan looks healthy for you and you must adapt it. I may advice you to cut down junk foods like pizzas, burgers, oily foods, etc. These can really help you in a good way.
I make hamburgers / turkey burgers like every day, healthy ones, xD.

willc86

Awards
ive came across something that supposedly works very well for burning fat and body builders used to do it

I am starting to try it now and hopefully I can still maintain my gains.

----take a therm. like roxylean on an empty stomach as soon as you wake up, then do some intervals (30 secs jogging 30 secs running break for 5 mins 4times) then do not eat for an hour after your morning cardio; that supposedly will force your body to break fat for fuel.

then continue lifting heavy as a normal workout routine.

any words or experience about this?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
ive came across something that supposedly works very well for burning fat and body builders used to do it

I am starting to try it now and hopefully I can still maintain my gains.

----take a therm. like roxylean on an empty stomach as soon as you wake up, then do some intervals (30 secs jogging 30 secs running break for 5 mins 4times) then do not eat for an hour after your morning cardio; that supposedly will force your body to break fat for fuel.

then continue lifting heavy as a normal workout routine.

any words or experience about this?
Yes, fasted cardio is the best way to do cardio IMO. I do High incline treadmill walking for 45-60 minutes 3x a week, has really helped me burn the extra fat, taking a thermo will speed up the process even further.

Check out this. http://rippedbody.jp/when-not-to-do-cardio/

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
i switched my nightly routine to mornings. and im looking to do exactly this.

whats a good therm? already tried oxy elite and didnt really do much. any other suggestions?

willc86

Awards
Yes, fasted cardio is the best way to do cardio IMO. I do High incline treadmill walking for 45-60 minutes 3x a week, has really helped me burn the extra fat, taking a thermo will speed up the process even further.

Check out this. http://rippedbody.jp/when-not-to-do-cardio/

i read this article, I completely do not understand what andy is trying to say? The way I understood was to eat 2 times a day every 8 hours or so? is this right?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
i read this article, I completely do not understand what andy is trying to say? The way I understood was to eat 2 times a day every 8 hours or so? is this right?
Most people that do IF have 2 meals a day, larger meals, meal frequency does not matter though, you can eat as many meals as you want just follow the 16/8 protocol. Or sometimes longer fasts if wanted.

willc86

Awards
Most people that do IF have 2 meals a day, larger meals, meal frequency does not matter though, you can eat as many meals as you want just follow the 16/8 protocol. Or sometimes longer fasts if wanted.

so, with in 8 to 16 hours eat 6 meals is pretty much what its saying?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
so, with in 8 to 16 hours eat 6 meals is pretty much what its saying?

No you eat all your calories within an 8 hour window. Meal frequency is up to you.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i switched my nightly routine to mornings. and im looking to do exactly this.

whats a good therm? already tried oxy elite and didnt really do much. any other suggestions?
Fat Smack XR?

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
Hey guys thought ill post an update picture for Those who care lol before pic was at 257-260 and after pic I'm at 230. Still working on it officially started diet and everything on September 13.

Attachments

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Great results so far man.. keep killing it.

Murda_sheRote

Murda_sheRote

Awards
Thanks bro. I am sticking with it .. Hoping by January ill be 195. Ill keep this posted!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hey guys thought ill post an update picture for Those who care lol before pic was at 257-260 and after pic I'm at 230. Still working on it officially started diet and everything on September 13.
Sweet results so far bro! Keep doing what your doing!!

srb2112

Awards
im unsure if you are still taking oep or not but If you are, or if you are experimenting with yohimbine HCl or raw, you need to completely drop white bread and any refined carbs from the diet. white bread is going to spike the insulin in the morning, and if you are following the OEP guidelines, with taking OEP first thing in the morning (raw=yohimbine) the compound is completely blunted with an insulin spike that large.

My favorite breakfast which I eat almost every morning is 7 egg whites (sometimes 1 yolk, some times not, just be sure to get 30-40g of protein) and 3/4 cup of oatmeal. mix together and skillet that ****. tap a little cinnamon, cheyenne pepper and a splash of sugar free syrup (ihop) and you will be in love. I also take in 3g of fish oil with this

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Great results bro, keep it up.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oxyelite should work; it has a great profile.