Chest advice

jgrigs

Awards
Hey guys ,

I have been training hard for just about 2 years , I can say that I have pretty
much made all the mistakes beginner pumpers could make and I have corrected
those mistakes. Everything from posture to understanding bulking and cutting and
the role of bf % to actual muscle mass.

As every specific problem ppl have , mine is my chest . For my size 5'7 .157lbs
I have wide shoulders. The top of my buddy. upper pecs , front delts and traps
have absolutely no mass. In my 2 yrs of lifting I havent been able to break plateaus
in those areas and really add any size that would show without contracting , and most of my
mass is soft

Is this a problem , am i doing something wrong with my upper body or are is this normal
progression?

In 2 years of training I have never been able to pass 50lbs dumbbells on the press
or bench over 130 lbs.

I also feel pain in my delts when i do chest excercises. Are my shoulders hindering my form
on chest workouts?

I need help !

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
are you getting at all? you are posting in weight loss section so maybe your working towards a goal the wrong way

uvawahoowa

Awards
Hey guys ,

I have been training hard for just about 2 years , I can say that I have pretty
much made all the mistakes beginner pumpers could make and I have corrected
those mistakes. Everything from posture to understanding bulking and cutting and
the role of bf % to actual muscle mass.

As every specific problem ppl have , mine is my chest . For my size 5'7 .157lbs
I have wide shoulders. The top of my buddy. upper pecs , front delts and traps
have absolutely no mass. In my 2 yrs of lifting I havent been able to break plateaus
in those areas and really add any size that would show without contracting , and most of my
mass is soft

Is this a problem , am i doing something wrong with my upper body or are is this normal
progression?

In 2 years of training I have never been able to pass 50lbs dumbbells on the press
or bench over 130 lbs.

I also feel pain in my delts when i do chest excercises. Are my shoulders hindering my form
on chest workouts?

I need help !
You're likely not keeping your shoulders pinned back while pressing. Search "so you think you can bench" on here and watch the videos. Also, at 157 lbs, you need to eat more to get any kind of chest development.

Titration

Awards
What really helped me was focusing on form for DB presses and hammer strength presses. Focus on the eccentric part(stretch) and if you begin to feel your chest fatigue you're doing it right. Make sure to have elbows flared out and dumbells angled towards you.

kdeome

kdeome

Awards
Sounds like something's wrong... in 1.5 years my raw 1RM is 275 flat bench. And im fairly short/light.

Do you have a training partner? I do and it allows me to work to-and thru- failure reps. Thats where youre going to see gains.

What does your chest routine look like?